“Great family atmosphere”

Super 8 Petoskey
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
“Great family atmosphere”
Reviewed 22 January 2010

Large, clean rooms close to skiing and entertainment. Staff very personable and willing to accommodate any requests. Breakfast buffet and clean pool area all make this a great place to stay when traveling with teens.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Champaign, IL
Reviewed 5 January 2010

I went with a ski club and we stayed over the new year's weekend. The rooms were clean and the heat was in good working order. The pool and hot tub were clean and well taken care of. Plenty of parking. Service at the desk was exceptionally good. We used the "breakfast room" several times during our stay and we were always made welcome. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed December 2009
Eastpointe, Michigan
Reviewed 4 December 2009

I can only say one very important thing about this hotel and their staff!
"AWESOME"
I had no need for anything. My room was always cleaned each morning.
When I needed the washer or dryer it was easy available. When asking
for directions they were explained very easily. I actually got lost and had
to call them for help and they talked me back to an area that I knew so I
could get back to my room. Those that worked the front desk were always
smiling and very polite. Coffee always seem to be fresh and the lobby
was a nice place to enjoy some down time while watching TV. I would
stay here again without any hesitation and highly recommend the Super 8
to those that wanted the best place to stay.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
Hastings, MN
Reviewed 26 October 2009

We stayed in this motel because we were attending a wedding and the family had reserved rooms. I called them to make a reservation for two rooms for two nights. Simple? When we arrived I found they had messed up the reservation. The young man, at the desk, began to argue with me. He insisted that HE personally had spoken to me on the phone when I made the reservation. When I did make it, I talked to a very personable young lady. I think I can tell the difference between a man's voice and a woman's and why argue over such a stupid thing in the first place? We got our two rooms. The rooms were fairly clean but the beds were hard as rocks. We walked down to look at the pool and there was brown stuff floating all over it. The room smelled.
The next morning I checked the pool out again as I need to exercise in a pool because of a medical condition. The floaty brown stuff was gone but the pool room had garbage on the floor and there was some kind of algae growing on the bottom and sides of the pool. The health department needs to take a look at this place because obviously the clorine level is not right. Bad motel. Lots of noise - there was banging on the wall and people shouting. Never again.

• Stayed October 2009
detroit
Reviewed 22 March 2008

I travel to the Petoskey area numerous times a year and love staying at the Petoskey Super 8 because of it's friendliness and willingness to make my stay enjoyable. The staff is informative as to the activities and cool happenings both in the city and the surrounding areas.
During my stay last December I was checking in and there was a car accident involving three vehicles just to the west of the enterance of the hotel and before I could even think the front desk manager was on the phone calling 911 to help the accident victims. Due to his quick thinking help arrived within minutes.
The continental breakfast is something my family looks forward to in the morning to get us on our way.
When checking out the employee at the front desk is always there with a friendly face and a " Have a nice day"!
I give this hotel a two thumbs up.

• Liked — Friendliness and value
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ctruck
Michigan
Reviewed 20 February 2008

What a disgusting little place. The room reeked of cigarette smoke so badly you couldn't set foot in the room. The manager on duty (Alan? Andy?) was not helpful and was more interested in stuffing a large sandwich down his throat than providing service to his guests. If you have to stay here, don't book through any websites. The manager said that unless you book DIRECTLY through the hotel you will not be guaranteed bedding or smoking preferences - even if your room was pre-paid via credit card. I've stayed at Super 8 properties in the past with no problems, but this place was terrible. Not recommended.

• Liked — Good location for skiing at Boyne or Nubs Nob
  • Disliked — Stinky rooms, rude staff, poor customer service.
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
morley_al, Front Desk Manager at Super 8 Petoskey, responded to this review, 21 March 2008
The reservations for this guest were made through an online booking agency, not Super 8, on January 26th, 2008 for a Smoking room with 2 queen beds. Our non-smoking rooms for the date of arrival had been booked since the end of 2007. Not all online booking agencies will reserve your exact preferences. If the room type you are requesting is not available they will sometimes give what is available. We always recommend that if you make a reservation through an online booking agency that you call the motel directly to make sure all your preferences are requested properly.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 19 October 2007

Modest room, clean but nice, economical but great location near Lake Michigan. Staff helpful. Breakfast was simple, not much fruit but nice.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business