“Nice Hotel and GREAT shuttle service”
Review of Odawa Hotel

Odawa Hotel
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
Reviewed 13 October 2009

I stayed at this hotel for 2nights in Sept for a wedding, one night in a double bed room, and the other in a king suite room. Both were comfortable and clean, but the suite room bathroom had a bad smell the whole time so we had to keep the door shut.

The double room did not have a refridgerator but I was able to request one for an extra $5. The suite did have a fridge and a bar sink but no microwave.

The continental breakfast was pretty good. No hot food but they did have cereal, muffins, pastries, bagels, instant oatmeal, fruit, etc.

The best part of this hotel was the complimentary shuttle that will take you anywhere you need to go within 8miles. The shuttle is pretty quick too, comes within a few minutes of requesting at the front desk.

While the hotel is not in downtown Petoskey (it's located on US-131) the shuttle definitely makes it convienent to get around. Multiple restarants and shopping strip malls are located near the hotel.

The only other negative of the trip (besides the stinky bathroom) was that the fitness center was under renovation so I wasn't able to use the gym, not sure when the contruction will be completed.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 September 2009

Had a pleasant stay here on a fall colors trip. Very reasonable price ($89), clean, and comfortable. Friendly staff, good customer service. spacious, modern lobby. Fairly good continental breakfast.

Rooms are a bit dated, but clean and comfortable. Modern TV with a decent selection of channels. Bed was OK, but not a super comfy pillow top like you'd expect in a more pricey location.

Great free wireless internet.

Overall would stay here again if we are in the area.

Reviewed 2 June 2009

Well, we received a 2 night stay and all sorts of goodies as a prize from hubby's work. We were so excited to actually get out of town. I can't complain about the price. It was free. If I had paid, I would've asked for a refund and stayed down the street at Hampton Inn. The room had really bad Indian decor. It was like staying at my brother in laws house. The shuttle was great. The guy driving was personable, friendly and had a few stories that night. We lost about 300 bucks at the casino. Well, I lost 90 of my own, the rest, hubby helped with that.(Love you). The bathrooms were connected, by the vent,had a little conversation with the neighbor about how much was lost at the casino.
I'm pretty sure we both lost brain cells staying there. left very depressed and almost broke (Hubby found a dollar in his pocket that they didn't get.)

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank herbie66
Reviewed 10 April 2009

Checked in after 4pm. This is a 5-story motel. Was assigned to 4th floor. Hotel looked impressive at first glance, room spacious, beds comfortable, bathroom clean, etc. Went back to our room in the evening and could hear the sounds of kids running around in adjacent rooms and upstairs. Parents seemed to do little to control their kids and were oblivious to the noise they were causing. Kids were running from the pool area to the elevators and down the hall to their rooms. At least we could turn a fan on to try to block the noise, which went on until at least 11:00pm.

As we turned down the bedspread to turn in, a Tostito's scoop was under the pillow. Clearly, housekeeping never changed the sheets from the last person who stayed there or the Tostito wouldn't have been there. Not as bad as the "poop smear" referenced in another review, but unsettling nevertheless. Felt dirty the entire night.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank travelinsisters
Reviewed 22 February 2009

we received gift packages as Christmas gifts this past Christmas to stay and play for 2 nights...we are not really big on gambling but appreciated the gift and decided to take advantage of the weekend get-away. we were curious as to the changes since the hotel became the Odawa...
the remodeling of the rooms was nice, nicely decorated, beautiful bathroom...'no exhaust fan???what's up with that? never did understand how you can have a bathroom without...but, whatever.
the room itself, ok, little beds though...just doubles...
the first night, we found out although the room was remodeled no money was evidently spent on the beds...old mattresses with a sag in the center, it was like sleeping on the side of a hill all night, and the drunks outside the door arguing about how it's friday night and they shouldn't have to be quiet...
didn't get a very restful night's sleep...but we were still trying to have an ok time at this.
saturday night although quieter was hugely stressful and the guarantee that not only will we not come back but will definitly not recommend anyone to go there; pulled back the bedding and saw the edge of the blanket between the sheet and spread...had what looked like a 'poop-smear' across the edge of it!!! i was so freaked, wanted to go to the hospital for sanitizing and some sort of shot...can't believe we had slept under that blanket...oh...i can not get over this...HORRIBLE PLACE.........YUK, HOW HORRIBLE!!! EVERYONE...CHECK YOUR BEDDING!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ckcowl
Reviewed 28 June 2008

Our car club stayed at this hotel for a night. We were all impressed by the excellent service staff, the rooms were very nice and we had a bay view from our 4th floor room. I do agree with others that the noise travels in this hotel as I had the same experience as another reviewer. I could hear the people next door when I was in the bathroom. It really didn't bother me that much though because the talk was garbled. The beds, I felt, were very comfortable. The room was clean. The shuttle picked us up and took us to the casino. They were very prompt in taking us and bringing us back - you just need to request the shuttle from the front desk. We loved the buffet - lots of very good food. I would stay here again. It cost us $74.00 for our rooms which I felt was a good price. The night before we stayed at a sister hotel in Peshawbestown that was filthy and digusting, so this seemed like a palace to us.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Umevan
Reviewed 11 June 2008

The room was okay, but the next time I would probably try one of the other hotels in the area. The hotel is not located within walking distance of the casino - you must drive or take the shuttle bus. The room itself was a typical hotel room - clean, but had a hotel feel. The reason I rated this as "okay" versus anything higher was because of how the sound traveled between the room walls!!! I actually heard the mattress creak above my head (we were on the first floor) in the middle of the night and the next morning I could hear (but not understand) the people in the room next door!) Then when I was in the bathroom, I could actually HEAR the conversation of the girls next door and looked up and there was some sort of air vent between the rooms!! Made me a little uncomfortable to know that people could be hearing US!!

However, I do think they provide excellent customer service, since their pool was down for maintenance while we were there and they actually CALLED us a couple of days prior to let us know that in case it was a problem!! I dont' think any other hotel has ever done that before!!

While the views appeared to be outstanding, we spend most of our time in the casino since the weather was cool and wet during our whole trip! The casino is EXCELLENT and I highly recommend it, even though they did take all our money! But they had $3 blackjack, $5 craps and $.25 roulette during the day (the rates went to $5 bj and $.50 after 6) and the slot machines at least toyed with you. And the buffet was good.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family