“If you love your family, take them somewhere else.”
Review of Econo Lodge South

Econo Lodge South
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Petoskey
Reviewed 11 February 2013

We stayed here for a weekend and it was the worst hotel I have ever asked my family to stay at. So many things are broken and run down at this place that I’m surprised that the folks from Choice Hotel will even let them use their name.

No joke, my 5 year old found a half eaten cake in the nightstand. We had to call the manager to come get it out. Don't stay here.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Brad G

Reviewed 17 January 2013

Stay somewhere else is all I will say :( Dirty rooms, Old Bedding, Terrible management. Hot tub was broke. Stained torn peeling carpet. Feels more like a frat house then a motel. Room was short towels and creamer packets were handmade with zip lock baggies. Vending machine food was expired, Ice was dirty, Room was cold.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank amaizingmomma
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We had 2 rooms for our family. They couldn't manage to even get us on the same floor. My room smelled of bleach. The sheets were stained & disgusting. They never vacuumed or cleaned on our second day. The TV made hissing sounds & was almost unusable. And to top it off they had no hot water for showers because "alot of people are showering"! That was their explanation! It was gross and cost $226 for 2 nights. Don't stay there!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Jen0715
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Stayed at the Petoskey Econo Lodge for one night. Fall color tour getaway. I received a phone call from the front desk lady the day I checked out. ( I had made the reservation with her and she assisted me with my check in.) I had left my wallet in the room and the maintenance worker had found it and turn it in. I didn't realize that my wallet was missing until she called. When I went back to pick up my wallet the front desk lady and maintenance returned my wallet with everything still in it. There are still honest people out there! Thanks Petoskey staff!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank krachl
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We recently stayed at the Econo Lodge South in Petoskey, MI on our way to a funeral in Upper Michigan. The hotel was very clean and the gentlemen working the desk was very nice and informative. The pool and hot tub area was spotless. The rooms could use new bedding and sheets but what was there was clean and kept up.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2012

The only nice thing I can say about this hotel was that the lady at the front desk was very nice and helpful. It was the most beat up, old, used and abused hotel I've ever seen. From the curtains to the chair to the climate control to the breakfast, it was an absolute waste of money. There was bugs in the bathroom and the food in the vending machine had an inch of dust on it. The chain on the door was broken and I think a two year old could have kicked in the door it was so weak. We paid about $140 for our room and it wasn't worth $40. I will never stay at this or any other Econolodge ever again. The pictures in the ad on-line must have been taken 25 years ago, it looked nothing like them now.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Jad0713
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I just want to say to never book a reservation on line with payment. We booked a reservation and then had to cancel plans. They had already taken the payment and it is now over a week and I have called 3 to 4 times to get payment put back in our account. I am now going to the bank to have them help me to get back our 150.00. What an outfit! We always go to this area every summer. I will never book with this hotel again ever!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family