“First time visit”

Four Roses Cafe
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Plainwell
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is a wonderful little restaurant that is sort of replacing another wonderful restaurant in Plainwell called Arie's Cafe. It is absolutely a wonderful new restaurant.
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Read reviews and wondered if any place could be as good as stated. Well, it was and then some. We were visiting in Grand Rapids from Florida and meeting family from Kalamazoo for dinner. Thus a convenient place for both groups, a total of 6. We are normally late evening diners, but were advised to make an early reservation. Good advise. The menu varies daily and we were expecting a limited selection. Not the case. There were 12 - 15 selections from beef, seafood, pork, chicken and vegan. Reasonable prices. Good pour of cocktails and wine as well as large beer offerings. Our server was attentive and very pleasant; did not push us thru the meal as there was a large number waiting for service. Highly recommend. Unfortunate they don't have a larger seating capacity.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and we're disappointed to find out the restaurant we wanted to go to neat Allegan was closed Monday's and Tuesday's, the 2 days we were in town. Castle in the Country B&B recommended this place, and we were totally impressed.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The waitstaff could do better at times. The food is always excellent. We rate this place an A-. We could eat there weekly. We wish they were open on Sundays.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My friend and I both love this restaurant. Everything I've had; has been great. We have to make ourselves try other restaurants, because we can't go here every week, but it's that good that we could go every week. My only issue is we go out the same day every week and 4 Roses menu seems to be the same on Wednesday every week, although I do know the other days have different menus, I just wish they varied the days. Just a great restaurant!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Four Roses Cafe has many things to offer. Their pizza, their specials, their regular menu and their desserts are all worth the drive to Plainwell. Their Guiness Beef, Whitefish Grenoble and Chili Flank Steak with Gorgonzola cream sauce are all favorites of mine. They have the best desserts in all of southwest Michigan. Don't miss the Sticky Toffee Pudding or Amaretto Coconut Cream Pie. Plan to share..these desserts are decadent!! My husband and I often leave other local restaurants and drive to Four Roses just for the desserts…once you have been there you will understand that rationale!!