“Very nice pet friendly hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Plainwell
Traverse City, Michigan
“Very nice pet friendly hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

This hotel is immaculate and furnishings are up-to-date and nicer than most hotels at this price level. The front desk clerk was very friendly and gladly changed our room from the second floor to the first at our request when we found out there is no elevator. We were travelling with our dog and preferred to be on the ground floor. The indoor pool area is beautiful and we enjoyed both the pool and the hot tub. The mattress was a little more firm than we are used to, but othen than that, the bed was comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was also nicer than most and included scrambled eggs and sausage along with all the usual offerings. We enjoyed everything about this hotel and would gladly stay there again.

Room Tip: If stairs are a problem for you, be aware there is no elevator, so request a room on the first floor...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
North Central Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

We stayed here while skiing at Bittersweet. It is a relatively new hotel with a nice pohitachi tub and lobby. The breakfast was nice and typical. It is located next to a Big Boy restaurant with other dining options just a mile down the road.

• Stayed February 2012
Wayne, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

We stayed for two nights in February 2012. We had two small dogs and were charged $15 per night per dog which I thought was a little excessive. I knew about the charge from my web research but I thought it was notable that it was not mentioned when I made reservations or when I checked in, even though I told them I had pets. The room was comfortable and clean - had a nice flat screen tv and lots of outlets. The breakfast (complimentary) was much better than the average hotel breakfast. Had hardboiled eggs, yogurt, many breads, pastries, cereals, scrambled eggs (powdered) and sausage, juice, and some EXCELLENT make-you-own waffles. The cinnamon flavor was so good it did not need syrup. Complimentary USA Today papers. Adequate pool and jacuzzi. Small but surprisingly nice fitness center and business center with free printing up to 20 pages. Free wifi throughout property which was fast enough. Only place in town! Next to Big Boy, close to Walmart.

Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

I've stayed here two times while working in the area and have had no complaints at all. I would definitely stay there again and would also recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Ludington, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

Stayed last week. Rooms were nice and breakfast was good.

Night clerk, Crystal, didn't even make eye contact or say thank you when we checked in. I'm spending $85 I expect a little friendlier service. Felt as if we were interupting her solitaire game or something.

Morning clerk was friendly, however.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank pixguy70
Wasaga Beach, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

This was a very nice hotel, very convenient to Route 131, and near shopping & restaurants. The rooms were clean and spacious. Breakfast was the typical Comfort Inn continental breakfast. Staff were all very friendly and accommodating. I'd definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank BarbLH
Brownstown Township, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

My wife and I were visiting family in the area and after checking Trip Adviser reviews, settled on the Comfort Inn in Plainwell. By the layout of the exterior, this is an older hotel. The lobby was nice, as most hotel lobbies are, but too often the rooms are disappointing. Check-in was easy and a first floor room as requested was provided. I had also requested a room free of pets. I have nothing against animals, I just don't care to sleep in the same room which they have occupied. Our room was very newly re-decorated and there was no evidence of pet smell. We had two queen size beds. The linens were fresh and the beds firm and very comfortable. It was quiet and we both got a great nights sleep. The bathroom was spotless (an absolute MUST for any hotel.) The bars of bath soap though, could have been larger.

Breakfast was self-serve and offered an excellent variety to suit any taste. Seating was in the lobby and limited. I noticed some guests sitting in lounge chairs with no table on which to place their breakfast items.

I have stayed at many Comfort Inns across the country and this ranks as one of the best. Booking your stay here is highly recommended.

Room Tip: Apparently there is no elevator, so if stairs are a problem, request a first floor room.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank emlpal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainwell
Bay Pointe Inn & Restaurant
#21 of 31 in Kalamazoo
Holiday Inn Kalamazoo-West
Holiday Inn Kalamazoo-West
#17 of 31 in Kalamazoo

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!