“Enjoyed the B&B experience”

932 Penniman - A Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plymouth
932 Penniman - A Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I'm a little late in posting this, but I stayed here last summer for a few nights while visiting some family. It was my first time as an adult staying in a bed and breakfast and I wasn't sure what to expect since I'm used to staying in hotels. The experience was wonderful though.

The location was amazing... We walked downtown every day and enjoyed the little town. Lots of great shops and restaurant/bars. The weather was perfect for our whole trip... Warm in the day and cool at night so walking was great. The neighborhood was beautiful... We took a walk though it a few times too.

The Inn itself was very cozy and the hosts were friendly and accommodating. It did take a day to get used to someone genuinely interested in your comings and goings but I did end up finding it nice and welcoming. The room was just what we needed... Not too big or over the top. We kept the windows open at night. The breakfast was wonderful!! Again, not used to such service and good food from staying in chain hotels so this made the stay, I think. We ate out on the covered/screened in patio each day. I'm sure a lot goes on there during the evenings, but we were so busy with family we didn't really indulge in any evening events (if there were any).

Overall I would definitely stay here again! My family has since moved from the area but if I'm ever randomly in Plymouth again, I would stay here. :)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Orangepeel107
There are newer reviews for 932 Penniman - A Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 1 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary; we had a wonderful stay. The house is gorgeous and was beautifully decorated for Christmas. There were 3 different common rooms (in addition to the dining room) and all 3 were very comfortable and inviting. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. Great location - lots of shops and restaurants within walking distance. We highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jpwmi
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Not only was the inn amazing, Gabe is a wonderful part of the charm of the whole experience. We could not have asked for more. Beds and linens were extremely comfortable. The whole inn has a quiet comfort to it. Breakfast was completely delightful. Kathy was extremely accommodating to our schedule. I would recommend this inn to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Janice R
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This B&B is a charming old house very convenient to downtown Plymouth and to Northville, where we came to visit. The innkeepers were very accommodating, the room was clean and well appointed, and the breakfast was outstanding. Can't think of a better place to stay in the Plymouth/Northville area

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank luna749
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

This B&B in Plymouth, MI was a wonderful find. Great location, close to all the cute boutiques and restaurants in the downtown area. Enclosed porch and back yard area was great to sip wine and catch up with friends. B&B was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent! Highly recommend this one to anyone who wants a romantic get-away or a group reunion. Don't pass this one up!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Pbondy
Reviewed 19 September 2013

When you pay over $200/night for a stay you expect a certain level of excellence. When we first arrived, they demanded payment immediatly which really made my wife and I very uncomfortable and we felt that was all they cared about was getting the money. The room was nice but still the carpet was worn a bit and could use a little dusting. The TV in the room looked like it was old. Also the temperature in the room could not be adjusted, the only way to heat the room was with the fireplace, which overheated the room. Also my wife has to have access to cold compresses for her back.To access the refrigerator I had to go outside to the main house. It would have been nice to have a small refrigerator in the room for convenience. If you charge a premium price I expect premium accomodations. The lady who we met first and later at breakfast was super nice and was very accomadating when we asked about things to do in the area. The breakfast was a bit of a disappointment as it had cold ham and two tomato slices with cheese. There was also a cheese bread that was a bit stale. The first course was tasty with a pear dish. We have stayed in B&Bs where we paid over half the price of this one and they deliver way over the top on breakfast. That is why I am giving this B&B an average rating. They just don't do the little things you would expect, expecially at this price point.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank David H
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

We were in Plymouth for a wedding and needed a place to stay. After a brief search it became apparent that the hotels in the area were not great. Amongst the dreck appeared this gem. Nestled right on the edge of the historic town centre; this B & B is a must stay!

The grounds are exquisitely kept. The home itself is huge, beautiful and original. Victorian with mission style touches.

The common areas were wonderful, plentiful and comfortable. The wrap around porch facing Penniman is a great place to sit and watch the world go by. Our room (Rose Haven) was lovely with a comfortable bed and very nice linens. The ensuite bathroom was spotless, fresh and functional; boasting soaps and creams made specifically for the B & B.

Your hosts are convivial, warm and genuinely happy to have you. They make a fantastic breakfast and stellar cup of coffee.

If we are ever back in Plymouth (a great little town with many neat shops, restaurants, farmers market and friendly atmosphere) we will certainly be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Rucksack-Wanderer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#3 of 5 in Plymouth
Red Roof Inn Detroit Plymouth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plymouth - Ann Arbor Area
Hampton Inn Suites Detroit-Canton

Been to 932 Penniman - A Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!