“Great little gem”

Plymouth Historical Museum
Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in Plymouth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Travel back in time through the Plymouth community's example of the American Experience. Learn how the growth of American industry, the advent of the railroad and the invention of the automobile changed America's small towns, especially Plymouth, Michigan. The Plymouth Historical Museum features a late 19th-century Victorian recreation of Main Street, tracing the growth of the small town from the railroad depot to the general store. The largest Lincoln collection in the state of Michigan is housed in a separate room off of Main Street. And a Timeline of Plymouth is the newest permanent exhibit, featuring displays on the Daisy Air Rifle, Ford Village Industries, the Alter Motor Car, World War II, communication history, and much more.
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We visit here at least once a year. The Abraham Lincoln room is packed full of very good Lincoln history. We love walking the past streets of Plymouth. Feels like stepping back in time. The dollhouse is always a favorite. We really enjoyed the fashion history show of clothes that is new display. The staff is always eager to help. A nice way to spend an hour or three.

All reviews
"documents"
"archives"
"factory"

Reviewed 20 August 2013

This museum is small and from the outside you wouldn't expect much, but it's actually filled with interesting things both from Plymouth's considerable history and also a number of iconic early American items. It is absolutely worth the time to take a walk through if you happen to catch them open.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I must admit - I had a special interest in this museum, as my dad has a couple ties to local business, so being here with him was especially meaningful to me. But even for someone without the personal interest, this museum is full of interesting, informative exhibits. The Daisy exhibit had special meaning to me, as my dad worked there in sales and education for 15 years. Love how they took part of the old factory floor and used it in the exhibit (complete with all the imbedded BBs) and the display of all the Red Rider guns and other toys... just wonderful. The Lincoln exhibit is also top-notch, and the docent in that room so knowledgeable and delightful. Reasonable admission rate and also a Blue Star museum, so if you are a veteran or active military, check for specials!

Reviewed 21 April 2013

The upper level is a series of shop fronts filled with local and made in America products. I even saw a few things I own.

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 March 2013

This place is tucked away in downtown Plymouth. I drove past it dozens of times without hardly noticing. We went there because my son needed to have a cultural event for school. I was amazed at all of the things they had. A lot of it brought back childhood memories. We went when they had the Lincoln exhibit, which was also really cool. It is amazing to have a place like that in your own neighborhood. The docents were all really enthusiastic and well-informed. They were passionate about the exhibits, which was really nice. I am sure we will go back.