“Spectacular Hotel at a Great Value”
Review of Inn at St. John's

Inn at St. John's
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Fantastic hotel at a great price. This is an absolutely great place with 5 star rooms and amenities. The staff is very well-trained and attentive. The hotel itself, once a monastery, is perfectly situated near Detroit and Ann Arbor. We stayed two days for a friends wedding, which was held at the Inn. In addition to the hotel accommodations, the wedding reception was executed flawlessly by the staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
tmjroj, Manager at Inn at St. John's, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear ChrisH018,

What a remarkable review of the Inn at St. John's. I am speechless! I honestly don't know how to thank you for posting your thoughts. This was a very kind thing to do. On behalf of the staff, I want to express my gratitude for your taking the time to write this.

We are very proud of our high standards and honored to be selected to host your friends' wedding. Ours associates will do whatever it takes to ensure that our service levels meet or exceed guest expectations. It is gratifying beyond compare when a guest recognizes their efforts.

Thank you for your review and we look forward to your return visit.

Sincerely

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed here for a business retreat/seminar. The grounds and buildings are so beautiful. The staff was pleasant and attentive. The food served during our meetings was wonderful, as was dinner at 5ive. The room was very comfortable, if a tad small, but with a wonderful view, and very reasonable cost. We also had the Presidential Suite for our after-party and that was fantastic! The grounds and gardens are so well-kept and a great place for a walk. All in all, a great experience, and I would stay again for sure!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
tmjroj, Manager at Inn at St. John's, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Terey D,

Your wonderful review of your recent stay at The Inn at St. John's was aptly named....that was a "Beautiful" review! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to "pen" the review. On behalf of the staff I want to tell you how grateful we are for your having done so.

I am so glad that you found the facility and grounds to your liking. We are extremely proud of The Inn at St. John's and try to reflect that pride in the manner in which we maintain the building and grounds as well as the way we treat each and every guest.

I look forward to your return visit!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 16 October 2013

If you're traveling to the Metro Detroit area, or even Ann Arbor, I would try to stay here. The beds are amazing, the staff super attentive, and the view is beautiful. Try to get something above floor 2 if you want a better view. There's always adequate parking and it's in a good area. Definitely recommended.

Room Tip: Try to get a room above floor 2. If you're on floor 2, aim for something on the north side of t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
tmjroj, Manager at Inn at St. John's, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Tim W,

How nice of you to write such a wonderful review. On behalf of the staff I would like to thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay(s) at The Inn at St. John's.

The views are lovely but I have to agree...the higher up you go, the better the view of the surrounding golf course and area. Plymouth and Northville are some of the nicest town in the Detroit Metro area. There is a lot to do here and the downtown sections of both communities should not be missed. Wonderful restaurants and, often, fun community festivals are common place.

We truly look forward to your return visit. Thanks again for posting your thoughts.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 5 October 2013

The Inn at St John's is the best hotel I have ever stayed at on business travels! Service is efficient but very friendly and attentive. The elegant decor feels very pleasant. Rooms are spacious, luxurious and clean and feel extremely comfortable. All amenities that you could wish for are provided - free wifi connection, hairdryer, coffee machine, ironing board. Breakfast buffet is great with additional options available on breakfast menu. Many guests, like myself, seemed to be from the automotive industry. Thus bar talk - "Are you in automotive?" - was very enjoyable to me.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
tmjroj, General Manager at Inn at St. John's, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Dear Vonzett,

If a hotel could blush The Inn at St. John's would be doing so after receiving that wonderful review. It was so nice of you to call it "the best ever business hotel"! I can't wait to share your comments with the staff.

We are truly grateful for your business as well as that of those who work in and visit the automotive industry in the area. Yours is a remarkable industry and especially important when you consider all it means to our hotel and to the Detroit metro area in general. Thank you for all that you and your colleagues do.

I promise that our staff will continue to do our best to make this your "home away from Germany"!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I checked in early without any issue and found the room to be very nice. I have a walkout balcony that overlooks a fountain and has a very nice view. The pool/spa was a very nice surprise, and the staff has been very pleasant. The free wired and wireless internet works very well as well. I will stay here on future trips.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
tmjroj, Manager at Inn at St. John's, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear Marcesq42,

Thank you so much for your nice review of The Inn at St. John's. We are very pleased that your stay went well and that you enjoyed the services and service received. It is always satisfying for our staff when a guest takes the time to share their thoughts on their visit with us. I will be sharing your comments with the entire team.

We are also grateful that you will stay with us in the future. I state it often but I truly mean this...we are honored to be your host and look forward to your return.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 1 October 2013

The room was spotless, and everything in it felt brand new. Great view of the golf course and trees from our room. My wife and I don't get out to Plymouth very often, but the next time we do, we will certainly stay here again. I can't say anything bad about this place.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear USA_Super_Trav....

I have to say that your review of The Inn at St. John's put a smile on my face....as do all of those from wonderful guests such as yourself. I am very grateful that you took the time to document your thoughts on your recent visit.

I hope you do return to the Plymouth area soon. Downtown Plymouth AND Downtown Northville are only a short distance from the property. Both locations are quaint and offer fabulous restaurants and shopping.

Thanks again for your comments.

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I attended a three day conference at the Inn and everything was perfect. The bed was perfect, the bathroom had everything you would need (hairdryer, coffee maker, plush towels, even a phone). The high ceilings were impressive, the fridge and microphone were well located, it had the biggest TV I've seen in a room. Two tables were available for working and/or reading or relaxing. A rack to put the luggage on was in the closet with a feature I love - the light comes on as soon as you open the door. I made good use of the iron and ironing board.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The gardens are worth taking 30 minutes to wander through to enjoy God's creation. All the food served as part of the conference was top notch as were the continental breakfast and snacks.

You can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
tmjroj, Manager at Inn at St. John's, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Mr. Tympani,

What a wonderful way to start off our week. Your comments about your recent stay at The Inn at St. John's could not have been nicer or more welcome. On behalf of the staff I want to thank you so much for taking time to share your thoughts. I also want to thank you for your business.

I will be sure to share your review with our staff. I know it will put a big smile on their faces as it did mine!

We cannot wait for your return visit....which, I hope, will be soon.

Best regards,
Assistant General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth
The Henry, Autograph Collection
Graduate Ann Arbor
Graduate Ann Arbor
#15 of 35 in Ann Arbor

Been to Inn at St. John's? Share your experiences!