“Very well kept hotel!”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Plymouth
Ferndale, Michigan
“Very well kept hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stayed here on our first night of our honeymoon. This place is huge and seems to have quite a few good amenities.

Room
The room was really nice. It was big and had a lot of storage room for all our stuff. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was really nice too

Pool
The pool looks a little outdated, but is definitely way nicer than most pools. They have a Jacuzzi, waterfall, etc. It would be a great place for kids to play.

Staff
I really thought the staff did a great job. The guy who was at the desk was friendly and helpful. We requested another robe and it was promptly delivered.

Restaurant
We didn't eat at the restaurant this time, but I know my wife loves the breakfast here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
tmjroj, Manager at Inn at St. John's, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear T0Travells2Live,

First things first....congratulations to your bride and you on your recent wedding. The staff of The Inn at St. John's was truly honored to have you as our guests on this important evening.

We are also pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope this will be the first of many return visits.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
San Diego CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We attended the wedding of a nephew at the Inn at St. John's in Plymouth Michigan. The chapel is on the premises along with the Inn,restaurant, golf course and reception rooms. Conferences are held also. We felt the facility was excellent in service, quality of rooms, and quality of food. The grounds are beautifully kept. Staff is very friendly and anxious to help with any problem or assistance.

Room Tip: Probably all rooms are fine. Not near a freeway and set back from road.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
tmjroj, Manager at Inn at St. John's, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear JJJSanDiego,

Thank you so much for that wonderful review of The Inn at St. John's. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and pleased that your nephew's wedding went so well.

The staff and I are grateful that you took time to share your thoughts. To a person, our goal is to make our guests' stay memorable and fun. Apparently, we succeeded in your case.

I hope you will choose to stay here again in the near future. We are honored to have had you as our guest!

Warmest regards,
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Great Hotel with a golf center and Golf course centrally located to shopping and about 20 miles to downtown Detroit. Many eating establishments and shopping centers nearby, Price is very affordable and I highly reccomend this destination.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
tmjroj, Manager at Inn at St. John's, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear JBRochesterMN,

It was very kind of you to share your wonderful comments concerning your recent stay at The Inn at St. John's. We are so happy that you like the facility and our services.

I agree that our location is also an excellent one. Plymouth and Northville are lovely towns and their downtown areas have quaint boutique stores and terrific restaurants. We are also very proud of our 5ive Restaurant, one of the best in the area. I hope you have an opportunity in the near future to return and experience the great food there.

Thanks again for taking time to post your thoughts. We look forward to seeing you again.

Aiken, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

The property itself is something that should be explored, since this is a former monestery. The room was excellent with the bed being bug proofed and a shower that was spacious. The room was very clean and well cared for, the only exception being the chairs which not comfortable at all and not usable for business work in the room. However, their business center was spacious and very accommodating. I did not use the four pools or two workout centers but the were clean, up to date, and well cared for. The restaurant and bar were outstanding and the prices not unreasonable unless something was specially ordered that was not on the menu. They have regular events to which the public is invited and are worth going to, especially the bar and restaurant events such as the wine tastings.

This facility is at the top of my list for this area and I will be returning to it in the future. One caution. Their pricing is a little deceptive. The Best Price Available is a category and not a statement. Make certain to check online where prices are $10/day cheaper and ask for your discounts.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
tmjroj, Manager at Inn at St. John's, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear DouglasNoel,

Please accept my sincerest thanks for the wonderful review you posted on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you enjoy staying at The Inn at St. John's.

I was also happy to see that you took advantage of our AAA discount when booking your reservation. When available, we encourage our guests to take advantage of their membership discounts in organizations like AARP and the US Military. So your advice is a sound one indeed!

We truly look forward to your return visit.

Macomb, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

The rooms are a bit dated and in need of renovations. Old drapery and carpets. The tub/shower were nothing special. Our room was very cold when we walked in, but it did warm up quickly.
We were disappointed when we stumbled upon a toilet stained with urine!!! However, when we called the front desk, Daryl did offer to change our room or send housekeeping right away. Since the rest of the room looked clean, we opted for housekeeping. They came immediately and were very apologetic.
We were glad that the room had a refrigerator, since we brought beverages. Too bad it was not functioning! We mentioned it to housekeeping, but did not take the complaint any further. We knew we were going out for several hours and would survive without a fridge!
The beds were not the best, but definitely not the worst I've slept in either! The rate for the night was reasonable.
Lastly, the employees at the front desk could be a bit friendlier! I dealt with 3 different people and I don't think even 1 cracked a smile!
I may not list this as highly recommended, but would definitely consider staying again if I was in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
tmjroj, Manager at Inn at St. John's, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear georgiegirl42,

Thank you for your review of The Inn at St. John's. I deeply regret that you encountered issues during your stay and promise that I will work with our team to ensure that these concerns are addressed!

Please accept my sincerest apology. I hope we will have an opportunity to exceed your expections in the near future.

Best regards,
Grosse Pointe Shores, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

I placed 3 reservations for a July wedding. I was promised a confirmation via email. Did not receive them. Called a second time to find staff sent confirmation to wrong email. No big deal. I received the 3 confirmations. The names were wrong. The dates were wrong. Called back a third time. Asked to speak to manager but she/he was not available. I left word. Got a call the next day only to discover it wasn't the manager. I asked that the manager call me back because I did not wish to continue with an effort that proved unproductive. Today, I found three new emails requesting that I open attachments but there is no signature or identification - surely, whoever sent them must know that people do not open attachments without communication.

It all seems strange. As if one person is trying to cover for another person...all to avoid the manager contacting me.

I never experienced such poor communication or service during my previous visits to the Inn. It is all quite unfortunate.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
tmjroj, Manager at Inn at St. John's, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear JohnIntheShores,

Thank you so much for relaying your concerns about this issue. I would be pleased to discuss this challenge with you and have left a message for you to that affect.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Brighton, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

We stayed at the Inn at St. John's when we attended a wedding reception there, we arrived a bit early for the function and had some time to relax and enjoy some quite time in the room before the reception, we were very comfortable and enjoyed our time there. After the reception is was very nice to have a place there at the hotel to stay, the rooms, beds and amenities were very nice, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
tmjroj, Manager at Inn at St. John's, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dar Matt L.,

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Inn at St. John's. Our goal is to make everyone's stay memorable and enjoyable. According to your comments, we were able to do so in your case.

On behalf of the staff, I want to thank you so much for taking time to share your thoughts. We truly appreciate your business and look forward your next vist!

Best regards,
Assistant General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth
#3 of 33 in Detroit
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,057 reviews
The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit
The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel

Been to Inn at St. John's? Share your experiences!