“Getting better and better”

Comfort Inn Plymouth
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Plymouth
Bayern
“Getting better and better”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I am always staying in this Comfort Inn when in the Livonia area. This time I only stayed for one night. When arriving at the hotel I was surprised that there is a big renovation going on. But no big deal - checkin was fast and efficient. I had a newly renovated room which was just gorgeous. Fantastic comfortable bed, nice flat screen tv with bunch of HD channels.
The free breakfast was moved to a conference room on the first floor because of the rennovation - but again no problem. Everything was just fine.
I will definetly come back to this hotel in the near future...

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank uglyone2002
Casey B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
We would like to let you know that our renovation is complete and invite you to stay with us next time you are in the area and enjoy all of the amenities we provide, including the hot breakfast every morning! Our goal as a team is to meet your expectations every time you stay with us and give you the best customer service possible! We hope to see you soon in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We came to this area for our daughter's basketball tourney. Our daughter's team stayed at a high end hotel on 6 Mile Ave. That place had a swimming pool in the middle of the hotel. Didn't take long for me to figure out why their rooms felt muggy. When the wife and I checked in this Comfort Inn we noticed renovations being done at the time. Some areas were blocked off. No big deal. It was clean with no dust nor dirt. I had a very very good stay. The crew, especially the evening and late nite crew were very helpful and knowledgeable. Because we checked in after 9pm, the staff suggested where we could eat and where NOT to eat. The room had a microwave oven, fridge, coffee maker and other amenites that the high end hotel where our daughter was staying didn't have. Because of the renovations, the breakfast room was in a small meeting area but they made it work. You know that feeling when you get to a hotel late, go to sleep tired, wake up tired, can't wait for that FIRST CUP from the continental breakfast only to find out you have to find a real a coffee shop? I was pleasently surprised. The food was not bad at all either. The room was COMFORT-able. The bedding was COMFORT-able. The staff was COMFORT-able. I look forward to staying at this Comfort Inn again after the renovation is complete.

Mr. M.L. Frazier, Chicago, Illinois

Room Tip: Breakfast room was located near the center of the hotel. It was a nice long walk from our room where...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank IndianRiderFrazier
Michigan
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I live about 200 miles away from Plymouth and, in August 2012, my family and I found ourselves in need of a reasonably-priced, clean, quiet hotel in which to stay during my mother's nearby emergency hospitalization. Not only was our room clean and comfortable, but it overlooked a quiet, wooded area. Breakfast was more than ample with a different hot item and meat each morning, plus fresh fruit, breads, pastries, yogurt, cereal and make your own Belgian waffles. Moreover, the staff's kindness toward us throughout our stay made a difficult week (Mom passed away) much more bearable.

A few weeks later I returned by myself to this Comfort Inn to visit my dad who resided at a nearby assisted living facility. When I entered the lobby to check in, the front desk receptionist immediately recognized me. Having chatted briefly off and on during our previous stay, she gently asked how I was doing. Another receptionist listened in and offered her condolences. Both were there to greet me again later that evening. When they asked about Dad and learned that his Alzheimer's had now accelerated so rapidly that he had not recognized me, the second receptionist immediately came from behind the counter and gave me a hug. She invited me to come back down to the lobby to talk if I felt that it would help. Their kindness was truly a comfort.

Two weeks later I was back at the Comfort Inn a third time. This time it was due to the emergency hospitalization of my dad. The same front desk receptionist and her colleague greeted me warmly upon my arrival. I was given the same room as I had on my previous stay; and again it was clean, quiet and comfortable. When Dad died just days later, the two front desk receptionists even teared-up.

I'm only sorry that I do not have the receptionists' names, as well as that of the breakfast room attendant, to publicly recognize them in this review for all they did to make my repeated stays as comfortable as possible. It is the staff of this hotel that makes a good hotel even better. They truly give meaning to the name, COMFORT Inn. Kudos and my heartfelt thanks to you!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back (south side) of the hotel overlook a wooded area. Even my first floor room on the...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank worldtravelfan
Bayern
Reviewed 10 October 2012

This is my favorite hotel when I am in the Livionia region. The hotel is convenient located right off I275. Just 15 minuts from the Detroit airport.
The rooms are spacious and clean. Furniture is getting a little worn out, but still acceptable for this price. The front desk staff is very friendly and well organized.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank uglyone2002
Reviewed 27 September 2012

My wife and I stayed for a month, after relocating for new employment. At nearly $2000.00, listening to the disrespectful cleaning staff was unacceptable. The manager... DAVID, then told me to go stay at the redroof inn, if I didn't like it. He went on saying the "complimentary" shuttle service was only a favor and threw it in my face that we even used it. Yea! ... Disrespectful, immature, and unacceptable. A kid runs what could be a reputable est... Too bad for comfort inns.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank mrgauthier
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We chose the Comfort Inn in Plymouth due to its proximity to Interstates 275/94/96 and easy access to Ann Arbor and downtown Detroit (we were in town over a weekend to catch a Michigan Wolverines and a Detroit Lions game).

The hotel is clean with decent sized rooms and a large lobby area. It also has a small business center with a computer and printer. While our room was quite comfortable it did have a slightly smoky smell to it. My understanding is that the rooms are being renovated - not clear ours had been done yet (it definitely was a little dated in its look). As with all Comfort Inns, a hot breakfast was included. We appreciated there were lighter items such as yogurt to the usual donuts, bagels, scrambled eggs and sausages.

The staff were extremely friendly, greeting us every time we came into and left the hotel. Our room attendant even asked if we wanted our sheets changed.

While there are few choices nearby to dine out at (apart from your typical fast food joints) it is a short drive to downtown Plymouth where there are some great options (see my review on Fiamma Grill). It's also a relatively short drive to some decent shopping.

The Comfort Inn Plymouth is a good option if you're looking for something inexpensive in the western suburbs of Detroit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been renovated. As of the time of my review room 202 has yet to be updated.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank John B
Comstock Park, MI
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Newly renovated still has some left. Had pardon our dust signs on the doors. Staff on check in was friendly, but I thought it was strange that the hotel was less than half full and I could not have a second floor room. Being that I am an Platinum Choice Privileges member (not acknowledged my the from desk) I thought that was an easy thing to do. Had issues with the first room and got moved. They serve dinner on Wednesday nights. Consisted of Salad, Pizza, fried chicken, and Baked Mostaccioli, and fresh baked cookies for desert. I am glad I got there when it started as there was not a hot plate or warmer for the food in sight. Unsure after a couple hours of sitting how safe the warm food is for consumption.
Beds were okay sleep quality was okay. Is a little difficult to find as other reviewers mentioned look for the clock tower.
Typical Comfort inn fare for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Adam56
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth
Comfort Suites Canton
Comfort Suites Canton
#3 of 11 in Canton
Hampton Inn Suites Detroit-Canton

Been to Comfort Inn Plymouth? Share your experiences!