“Clean, friendly, comfortable”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Plymouth
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Clean, friendly, comfortable”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This hotel was everything that should be expected. Welcome was good, and all staff met were friendly and accommodating. The room was large, on the ground floor with a decent sized wardrobe in the bathroom lobby. Large comfortable bed with loads of pillows. Lighting better than average, and plenty of power sockets. WiFi is free and worked well. Slight problem with the toilet flushing, but as I was only there for one night, I didn't bother getting it fixed (apologies to the next guest). Everything from the lobby to the room was spotless. There was a pool and gym but I didn't use either, and didn't see anyone else using them either.
Breakfast included pre-made pancakes and waflles that could be warmed in the toaster, doughnuts (or donuts if you prefer), muffins, etc. Not the healthiest of choices, but there was fresh fruit available, and endless coffee. There was a Bennigan's restaurant a few feet away, so easy walking distance, but I arrived too late to try it out.
I have stayed in some pretty grim Comfort Inns, but things seem to be looking up if this one is anything to go by. I would stay again.
Note: I chose this one because it was on my route North on 275 from DTW airport. The GPS and address put it on Ann Arbor road, but it's actually on Massey Drive, so when you come off 275 North, turn left onto Ann Arbor Rd, cross the freeway, and then turn left immediately after the entrance ramp for 275 South. This avoids going around in circles like I did...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Casey B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you very much for taking time writing the review about your recent stay. It is a pleasure for us to hear nice words from our guests. We hope you will come back and stay with us next time you are in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The staff are the most helpful and friendly I've ever met,had a great stay,special mention to maher Bacall who left me to the airport personally as the local cab company had not arrived to collect me after an hour of waiting,I was able to be on time for my flight solely due to him,this was more than I could ever of expected from a hotel staff member

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Casey B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
We appreciate your review. Every staff member at our Hotel looks forward to meeting the expectations of our Guests. Something we look forward to also assure your stay as comfortable as possable. We are glad to be of service during your issue. Our way of thanking you for staying with us hope to see you back soon next time you are in the area.
London
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The motel itself is a middling Comfort Inn. It is an older property, but well maintained. It isn't near anything except for one restaurant and the Interstate highway. I stayed here because rooms in Ann Arbor, half an hour away, had been unavailable for months in advance. That's because the University of Michigan has a football stadium that seats over 100 thousand folks. From what I saw of those folks, I will never go anywhere near the area again on a football weekend. The rowdies found their way to this place before and after the game. The party rocked and rolled in the hallways and rooms until 3 AM. I can't blame the hotel staff or management as they need to fill the rooms. There was no effort to calm things down as I'm sure they saw it as a lost cause. The point of this review is to warn you to stay away from any hotels in the area when a U of M game is scheduled, unless you want to drink and party to excess for most of the night, or listen to others do so.

Room Tip: Requesting a "quiet room" on the top floor was accommodated. The football fans made sure...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your review. We are very sorry about the disturbance you experienced. The U of M games do bring very excited fans and they are very proud of the teams they support which creates a bit of noise. We try very hard to be the best hotel possible and allow every guest to enjoy their experience while in the Plymouth Michigan area. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly for your next stay so we can do everything possible to ensure that noise will not be a burden to you while traveling.
Roseville, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Hotel was very clean, Nice place to stay. I would look for a Comfort Inn the next time I travel. All the staff was very very friendly and helpful. Pillows were a bit small but it didn't effect my stay one bit. Loved the fact that the sink wasn't in the same room with the bathtub and toilet. Makes it easier that way when staying with someone else in the room.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
We appreciate your time writing these nice words to let the travellers know about your past experience with us!
We hope you will choose us again when back in the area.
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I am going to go against the flow with my review. I have stayed at this hotel literally hundreds of times in the past 15 years. True it was going downhill and required a makeover but one thing that it had was fantastic staff. I have stayed there twice since the change and will not be returning.

The new decor is very 1950's, dark and dingy. The beds are no better or worse than before. New TV's help but the same tired channels dominate. The smell from the cleaning fluid is worse than before and the rooms are certainly not quiet. The bathrooms are still cheap in appearance and in one I had recently, mold was growing in the shower.

The "breakfast" counter is a total disgrace. For three weeks the juice machine has not been working. There are no hot items and the buffet basically consist of day old donuts and several cereals. The woman working the area could not speak English. When you consider the alternatives such as the Hampton 1 mile away it is like night and day.

Caution! At the top of the stairs there is a serious trip hazard from uneven flooring. I reported that several weeks ago but nothing has been done.

The front desk staff had a hard time understanding English and were quite surly. What happend to the old staff - they were terrific.

Much better hotels within close proximity and at better prices.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
We are very sorry we did not meet your expectations this time. We will look into the problems you have reported. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.
Bayern
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I keep coming back to that Comfort Inn because they did such a great job in remodeling everything. The rooms are so nice with a big flat screen TV - very comfortable bed. Pillows shrunk somehow but still okay. You get a microwave and fridge together with two small bottles of water. Staff is incredible friendly and give you a warm welcome.
Breakfest isnt that big but okay. They also have a good equipped business center where you can print out your documents when on the road.
I can highly recommend this motel!

Room Tip: Try to stay in rooms above the 20 (>120 or >220) because those rooms are fare away from the in...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you very much for giving us such a nice review! We hope you enjoyed your stay and the accomodations we provide. We hope to see you back soon.
Marquette, Michigan
Reviewed 10 October 2013

If you didn't like your stay here for the price you are a mental midget. The free breakfast was great and the free water bottles in the room where a great surprise. My room was quit, clean and comfortable with an updated modern decor. I would put this on par with the Double Tree which is 2 to 3 times the price. Staff was friendly and the free coffee all day hit the spot and was better than star bucks (for the price). I will assure you, unless you stay next to a travel group of panda bear circus performers or 12 year old giggly girls that stay up all night and say 'OMG' every other word at the very top of their lungs, you will enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: The back side is a nice wooded area view.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Casey B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write the review. We appreciate the feedback . Looking forward to seeing you back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth
Inn at St. John's
Inn at St. John's
#3 of 5 in Plymouth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plymouth - Ann Arbor Area
Hampton Inn Suites Detroit-Canton
La Quinta Inn Detroit Canton
Baymont Inn & Suites Canton

Been to Comfort Inn Plymouth? Share your experiences!