“Nicely Updated Property, Good Service, one shortfall”

Comfort Inn Plymouth
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Plymouth
Tampa, Florida
“Nicely Updated Property, Good Service, one shortfall”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

This property has been recently renovated and they did a fantastic job. It seems nicely refreshed and well kept. The room was nice, clean, and quiet. The fixtures in the room were modern and comfortable. The bed was decent. You could definitely tell that they spent time and money on their renovation. I applaud them because I think it brought them up to another level. There's an indoor, heated pool as well as a nicely equipped fitness center. The staff was all very friendly and helpful. I saw a manager each day making rounds through recently cleaned rooms to inspect. The location is great, situated right off I-275 and an easy drive into Plymouth. There's also a Bennigan's within walking distance. Now, if I'm being honestly critical, I will have to say that the one area in which this property falls well short would be the breakfast, or lack thereof. It's almost unbelievably insufficient. I won't pick it apart any further, but I wouldn't plan on the continental breakfast getting you through the morning. On a positive note, there was hot coffee throughout the day each time I wanted some. So, plan on eating breakfast elsewhere. Other than that, this hotel is a great stay for the price, and I'd certainly use it in the future and recommend it to others. It stacks up well with chains at the next price point.

Room Tip: I'd request a room away from the pool and fitness area. The hallway is tile in this area, and c...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Casey B, Assisstant General Manager at Comfort Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
Thank you so much for your complimentary review. We just got the news and we will be serving a hot breakfast soon so the breakfast will be improving. I am glad to hear that you had a nice stay with us and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Plymouth, Michigan
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I recently stayed at the Comfort Inn in Plymouth Michigan while on business and received excellent service. Every staff person we encountered was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful from the person staffing the breakfast area to the front desk to the manager. The site has recently undergone renovations and was welcoming and attractive. I would feel comfortable recommending this location to others.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Casey B, Assistant General Manager at Comfort Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
Thank you for your compliment. We always love to hear that our guests are happy with their stay, reviews like this always service as encouragement to the entire staff. Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the future.
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This hotel always is always consistent from the cleanliness and hospitality. I have been traveling to the area for the past few years for business, and all of the staff always remembers me and takes care of me. Everyone is always very friendly from the front of the house (Casey-asst. gen. manager,Maher, Megan, and Tony) to the cleaning staff, and Rita who runs the food court in the morning. The hotel has been recently renovated, and upper management has always been good to me so I will continue to keep my corporate account with them. Dan

Room Tip: I would recommend a room close to the lobby if you have a lot of things to bring into the room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Casey B, Assistant General Manager at Comfort Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dan ,

All of us here at the Comfort inn thank you for your kind words. It is our pleasure to have you stay with us. Positive comments such as yours serves to encourage the entire staff. Thank you again for the kind words and we hope you have a pleasant holiday and we will see you again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I stayed in this hotel with family. We were visiting a University of Michigan student in Ann Arbor, and also attended a football game. This hotel is a 20min car ride from downtown Ann Arbor. Very convenient location, and good value. The hotel rooms were clean, beds comfortable and the country breakfast had a great selection of foods

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Casey B, Assistant General Manager at Comfort Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your say with us and value your feedback. We often have guest stay with us when visiting the Ann Arbor area especially when going to the big football games. We thank you for your kind words and hope to see you again soon.
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Just finished a five night stay at Comfort Inn Plymouth Michigan.
Hotel rooms are modern and clean.
Breakfast area is clean, comfortable with great continental breakfast.
The friendly and helpful staff is what really distinguished my stay.
Everyone was so courteous and helpful, and seemed as though they were proud of and really enjoyed working at this hotel.
Especially want to note Cassie, who was working the Breakfast area.
She was friendly and right on top of replacing the coffee and any food as soon as it ran low.

Congratulations to the management for building a great staff.
Would definitely stay there again when visiting Detroit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind words, the entire staff strives to make every guest feel welcome. I am glad that you had a pleasant stay and hope you come to stay with us again soon. Thank you again.
Houston
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I am a business traveler who is on the road every week and when I was booked into the Comfort Inn by my company I was disappointed at first. It turned out to be a great experience with the building being recently renovated. The most helpful part were the staff, especially Maher, who went out of their way to make sure I was looked after!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Casey B, Assistant General Manager at Comfort Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
It is always great to hear that our staff is appreciated and positive reviews such are yours serves as encouragement for all of us. I am glad that you had a pleasant experience and hope to have you stay with us again soon. Thank you again.
Uniontown, Ohio
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We travel quite frequently and this is my first review. This is a newly remodeled facility, just opened before our stay the first weekend of Nov., 2013. We will be staying here next year for our annual trip. We were greeted upon arrival by a very pleasant lady with a nice treat bag of snacks. This was a nice welcome after many hours of traveling in the car. Common areas, breakfast area, halls & rooms were very clean. All staff members were very friendly. So glad we found this place!!!! Maher takes great pride in his "Comfort Inn"

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words. We take pride in our entire staff and positive feedback such as this is always great to hear. I am excited to hear you will be coming back to stay with us again. We look forward to it. Thank you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth
Comfort Suites Canton
Comfort Suites Canton
#3 of 11 in Canton
Hampton Inn Suites Detroit-Canton

Been to Comfort Inn Plymouth? Share your experiences!