“Great place to stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This Hotel is fully remodeled. Our room looked new the bathroom was very clean and remodeled. The Bed Mattress looked brand new as if it was never used. The Staff was great. When I didn't know how to use the alarm clock or coffee maker Danah the housekeeping Supervisor was great. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone who wants a clean updated classy room to stay in. Also the town of Plymouth is quaint. Restaurants and park, with outdoor concerts.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Melanie B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

We really appreciate you taking the time to give your positive comments about our hotel. I will make sure Danah is aware of this review, she is a great part of our team here, thank you for recognizing her. The entire team at the Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth really focuses on guest’s experience, and these comments really help show us that we are creating a special experience for our guests.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I called down to the front desk on the first two nights i stayed. The operator acknowledged me, and also confirmed the wake up. On both days, no one called. The third day i set the alarm to wake up at 6am . I then found out that the clock was set backwards and the am and pm were reverse. Also i had a $1 and some change sitting out that was taken too.

Ryan,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you encountered while you were at our property, this is certainly not up to the standards that we set forth for the hotel. I have already made sure to use the information from this review to assure this doesnt happen again to another guest. We appreciate you taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We hope that if you come to Plymouth again you give us another chance to create the proper experience for you.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This was nice hotel conveniently located close to downtown Plymouth which has a great restaurant and shopping area, for those interested. Although on business, I also brought my wife. We visited a different restaurant in downtown Plymouth each night and had a great experience. The hotel is a typical Hilton Garden, but the staff was as good or better than I have had at other Hilton Gardens. I thought breakfast was very good. The beds (at least in our room) were NOT the adjustable type - and that is good for us. I'm honestly hoping the Hilton Gardens get rid of those style beds. There was never a setting we liked. On a company rate, we paid around $100 a night with taxes and I thought it was well worth it. When I have business again in the area, I will stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your review of your stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Reviews like these mean a lot to us, so thank you so much for the kind words.

Thank you so much for posting about our wonderul breakfast service that we offer as well as how accomodating our staff was to your needs! We were so happy to have you at the hotel for your stay

Again, thank you for your review and please know that your business is incredibly important to us and we look forward to hosting you here again in the future!

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay so much. We were there for a convention and the hotel was sold out. The hotel has just undergone a renovation. It's modern yet cozy. Rooms were clean and spacious and hotel staff was great.

• Stayed: June 2014
Melanie B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

We really appreciate you taking the time to give your positive comments about our hotel. The entire team at the Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth really focuses on guest’s experience, and these comments really help show us that we are creating a special experience for our guests.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were in town for a Jehovah's Witness convention in Detroit. We enjoyed our visit to this hotel very much. It was very neat and clean and the staff was excellent. We dined in the restaurant and found the food to be very tasty. For breakfast there was a wide variety of selections as well. We also enjoyed the outdoor patio on a warm June evening for some additional rest and relaxation

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks for the kind words! It was a pleasure having everyone in the Detroit area for the Jehovahs Witness Convention, everyone was so great! I am glad you got the chance to enjoy our patio area, I am sure it was nice to unwind after a long day at the convention. Thank you again for the great review, we truly appreciate it

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This property was very clean and well cared for. But the exceptional thing was the service. I have stayed many times at higher end hotels, including within the Hilton chain as I am a Hilton Gold member, but never have I encountered such a helpful staff. I was staying here with a group, and sometimes hotel staff acts annoyed with groups. But not at this property. They went out of their way to help us, even starting breakfast early for us. The breakfast was wonderful too. And dinner was excellent! Many thanks to Brian, April, and Janet who worked hard to take care of us in the restaurant and breakfast area. Also the ladies and gentlemen at the desk were so helpful and accommodating (I am very sorry I didn't get their names!)

I am confused by the other reviews that rate the heating system poorly etc. Everything worked great for me!

One thing to be aware of though - there are no safes in the room. So if you travel with tech devices, you may want to bring a lock for your suitcase.

While you are there venture into the town of Plymouth. Its a very cute town with a lot going on.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the highway to reduce noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for the great review!! It was a pleasure having your group in the hotel, we all enjoyed getting to know you all, it really was great! Were so happy to hear about the staff went out of their way for you, we all strive to give great guest service. Thank you again for the review, hopefully your travels will take you through Plymouth again so we can host you again

Reviewed 6 June 2014

While being a HHonors Gold Member, this was the first time that I stayed at this brand and I was not sure what to expect. I can say that I was more than pleased with my stay. The room and bed were very comfortable with good space to work and relax. The lobby has coffee and cold water all day and night with some snacks in the afternoon as well.
The front desk staff was very nice and always greeted you with a hello. Based on this stay, I changed my hotel reservations for an upcoming trip to a Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Melanie B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback! We are truly glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth. Receiving feedback like this truly helps our staff to continue with their task of providing exceptional guest service. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon! Thank you

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
3 mi away
Comfort Suites Canton
#3 of 12 in Canton
Towneplace Suites Detroit Livonia
Hampton Inn Suites Detroit-Canton

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth? Share your experiences!