“good place to stay”

Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Pontiac
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stay here often. The restaurant / lounge is expensive but very convenient. Rooms are good and very quiet. Pool is nice and gym is really nice. Amenities are plentiful and there are some nice places to eat/drink within walking distance. Personally I love Lemongrass Thai which is literally a 3 minute walk across the street. Beer selection is super.

Room Tip: no great views. but if I had to pick try for the east facing rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike C
Ida P, Director of Sales at Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. Guest sastisfaction is very important to us here at the Marriott Centerpoint. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I picked this hotel because it got good reviews and was 4 miles away from where I needed to be. The inside of it was really nice, my room was clean, and updated. The bed was comfortable and so were the pillows. Overall it was a great stay! I would absolutely recommend this hotel to someone. My only "needs improvement" would be that the door to my room was very hard to close. Weird. Not sure if other rooms have this issue though.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for staying at the Marriott Centerpoint, we appreciate your business!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Having lived 10 minutes from this hotel in the early 2000s and passing by it hundreds of times, I never thought I'd be staying as an out-of-town guest. But the time did eventually come and it wasn't disappointing. Check-in was fast and easy, and we had a room on the 10th floor, just below the concierge lounge on the 11th floor which we had access to as Platinum Elite members. The room was your standard Marriott room--no complaints and comfy beds. Our view consisted of a parking lot, Square Lake Road/BUS-75, and a lot of trees. It wasn't a horrible view and it was quiet which is the most important part. The bathroom was nice, and the shower was burning hot--it's weird trying to change the temperature--sometimes it just got "stuck" on scalding. Better than cold, though.

The concierge lounge was pretty nice. The balcony was closed due to some cracking glass. It would have been nice to be able to go outside but it's most definitely not a deal-breaker. Appetizers at 5 were okay--lots of cheese, crackers, etc. with some stuffed mushrooms that were pretty bad. Dessert was fine with some cake I didn't try. Breakfast had some hot food but I stuck with some fruit and a yogurt I bought at Kroger which was good with me.

The gym is pretty nice--cardio, weights, towels, cold water--everything I expected. It was also spotless which was nice. They had a basket for disposable headphones but there were none in there when I checked.

No issues at Centerpoint for me, I'd have no issue staying again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the feedback, we will pass on the comments and look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We needed a place to stay between a Dr. appointment in Detroit and visiting friends the next day for breakfast in Clarkston. Priceline picked this place for us (named our own price @ $85, plus taxes/fees = $102). Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Room, though not huge, was clean and tidy. King size bed was comfortable. Bathroom had a unique corner counter and sink.

Exercise room had several treadmills, an elliptical machine, dumbbells and more, with window view to the pool area. Hotel has both indoor and outdoor pools. Pool and exercise traffic is directed via the second floor which has stairs and an elevator down to the first floor at the end of the hall where the pool and exercise room are, saving a walk through the lobby in your swim or workout attire.

Only negatives in our experience were (1) the bathroom door which was too tight to the floor when open and too tight to the door frame when closing, causing a very loud rubbing sound which I'm sure could be heard by neighboring rooms (next door and on floors above/below). No quietly sneaking in/out of this bathroom in the middle of the night or early in the morning and (2) you could hear noise from the hallway, which was limited to some other guests room doors closing.

Overall, a great stay. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ida P, Director of Sales at Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Glad to hear your stay was great, we appreciate your business!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel was great and for a great price. The lobby was very modern and beautiful and check-in was a breeze. I think I was done in at the most 2 minutes. The room was spacious and very clean. There is an indoor pool which connects via sliding glass walls/door to an open ourdoor. So much fun for the kids to jump back and forth between the pools. We received a discounted rate which got the total expense to just $107 and it included breakfast which was much better than I expected. I loved the bar that serviced the pool and there is a Starbucks!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing the Marriott Centerpoint, we hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed two nights, and everything was perfect. The only issue I had was that I was charged in-room internet, when I was told that the cost would be waved. The night before checkout, I received the invoice, indicating that the internet was indeed waived. However, when I returned home, I saw the charged was applied to my credit card for the two nights. I had a great time, and a great stay so the extra charge didn't bother me much, but it might be something Marriot might want to look at just in case.
Service is fantastic. The room was clean.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello and thank you for choosing the Marriott Centerpoint. I apologize that there was miss communication about our internet charges. As a full service Marriott, internet charges would apply unless you are booked in with a rate that includes that service. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will return.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Called in advance to confirm room type, no go. Was given the run around on answers, but end result was they couldn't accommodate my request. Went to the bar/restaurant. Decent service, but at 11:45 with over 30 people in the bar, the bartender decided the bar was closed. Definitely missed revenue, as well as missed customer service. He gave an attitude when asked to continue to serve, and obviously hasn't had much customer service training.

For $100 not sure what I should have expected, however, it is a Marriott and you would think their service standards are consistent throughout their brand. Would probably suggest staying away if service matters.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Ida P, Director of Sales at Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for staying at the Marriott Centerpoint. We value each and every guests and like to make sure they have a great stay experience. I am sorry we were not able to accomodate your bed request type, we try to accomodate all request but are not always able to do so. We will share you comments with our food and beverage department for continued improvement. We hope you will consider staying at the Marriott Centerpoint in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pontiac
Residence Inn Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills
Sonesta ES Suites Auburn Hills
Sonesta ES Suites Auburn Hills
#3 of 18 in Auburn Hills
Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills

Been to Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac? Share your experiences!