“Wedding Reception and Night Stay”

Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Pontiac
GreenLeadersSilver level
Morley, Michigan
“Wedding Reception and Night Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Here is my one and only issue (and then we'll move on to the good stuff) - when I called to double check my reservation and when I checked in, they were unable to find me by my name and I was required to tell them my confirmation number. I've never had that happen before... But they found me and all was good.

The food for the wedding reception was GREAT. The passed appetizers during cocktail hour, the salad and the main entrée (chicken with some sort of cheesy cream sauce, steak with mushroom sauce, asparagus and an amazing multi layered potato casserole) were all perfect and flavorful. And then the cake... OMG the Cake... Multiple layers of heavenly white cake with a whipped frosting and fresh strawberries in between. I don't even LIKE cake and I ate all of it.

Our room was a double bed standard room. The beds were comfy and we had a nice view of the car showing going on in the other half of the parking lot. We didn't have a fridge, but with the open bar at the reception, we didn't have a need to keep anything cold in the room! ;)

The bar downstairs has typical hotel-bar prices, but the bartenders were friendly, quick and made a perfect dirty martini.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Travis M, Front Office Manager at Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
We are honored to help you celebrate such a joyous event and kickstart your new journey. I will most definitely share your comments with the rest of our staff for encouragement to keep provinding exceptional service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Lake Worth, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for business and were very happy. The rooms are typical and clean. The bathrooms were ok. We did have lots of towels. The buffet breakfast was a good value. They even had a fresh omelet station! Lots of fruit and even smoked salmon. Location was ok to our venue. Parking lot was large and free. They have both indoor and outdoor pools and a nice gym. Our room faced the front and was a bit noisy. Would stay here again but would have to have room on the other side building.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Ida P, Director of Sales at Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for your business here at the Marriott Centerpoint. We are thrilled to hear so many great things about your stay experience. I will pass along the good comments to the other departments. We hope the Marriott Centerpoint will be your first choice when traveling back into the market.
Westerville, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

This Marriott offers all a business traveler could want. Extremley fast check in, kind, friendly front desk employees, wonderful food and bar service to relax and catch up on emails as well as comfortable beds and very quiet rooms.
This location also offers car plug in for electric cars....very first time I have ever seen them available.
The BBQ chicken at the Bar was absolutly delicious and the bar servers were well trained and friendly.

Room Tip: Have dinner in their restaurant or across the parking lot at the Italian or Mexican options
Green Features: Ask for a high room on the end.. very quiet. Lots of plugs for computers and phone chargers
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent visit to the Marriott Centerpoint. I am glad you enjoyed your stay here. We would love to learn how we could improve upon the stay experience, please call if you would be willing to share more information. We look forward to having you back for a visit in the future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I booked at this location because it's proximity to Birmingham. While centrally located from awesome eateries and shops, the hotel loses its charm and originality as you walk through the breathtaking vestibule/lobby and enter the elevator. From that point on, it is just average. Average bedding, toiletries, and average room service. I suppose we were expecting something more, seeing as though there is so much competition in the area. Courtyard or The Radisson would have been cheaper and served its purpose.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your business here at the Marriott Centerpoint. I will pass along your comments to the appropiate department heads for continued improvement. We value each and every guest experience and hope that you will come back soon to visit.
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this property last month again and continue to enjoy my time there. I've submitted a review before and can't stress enough how nice the bar staff and front desk staff are! John and Teri continue to be my favorites! Please stop in, you won't be disappointed!

Overall I have had good experiences staying at this property and will continue to stay here when in Michigan!

Stayed June 2014
Ida P, Director of Sales at Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
We are delighted that your stay was fantastic! Thank you for choosing the Marriott Centerpoint.
Fishers, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stay here often. The restaurant / lounge is expensive but very convenient. Rooms are good and very quiet. Pool is nice and gym is really nice. Amenities are plentiful and there are some nice places to eat/drink within walking distance. Personally I love Lemongrass Thai which is literally a 3 minute walk across the street. Beer selection is super.

Room Tip: no great views. but if I had to pick try for the east facing rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike C
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. Guest sastisfaction is very important to us here at the Marriott Centerpoint. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again.
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I picked this hotel because it got good reviews and was 4 miles away from where I needed to be. The inside of it was really nice, my room was clean, and updated. The bed was comfortable and so were the pillows. Overall it was a great stay! I would absolutely recommend this hotel to someone. My only "needs improvement" would be that the door to my room was very hard to close. Weird. Not sure if other rooms have this issue though.

Green Features: They were very friendly and focused on providing excellent service.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for staying at the Marriott Centerpoint, we appreciate your business!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pontiac
Courtyard Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills
#5 of 17 in Auburn Hills
The Townsend Hotel
The Townsend Hotel
#1 of 2 in Birmingham

Been to Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac? Share your experiences!