“Fantastic Hotel!”

Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Pontiac
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 November 2010

My husband, two kids and I stayed at the Centerpoint Marriott over Thanksgiving weekend, while visiting friends who live in Pontiac.

I disagree with the review right before mine, that called it an old hotel, in a questionable location. My family and I were personally very impressed with the hotel. It was very modern and up to date, and our friends said the hotel was just built in the past few years. I didn't find anything "questionable" about the location. It's right off the freeway, and surrounded by several other hotels, restaurants, and some stores. I did not think the area appeared unsafe.

Front desk staff was very nice.

We stayed in a room with two double beds, and the room was very clean, and had very nice down comforters and pillows. I requested extra pillows when we made the reservation, and they were in our room when we arrived. I also requested a microwave, and it was brought up to our room shortly after we arrived. The room wasn't huge, but large enough for us.

We used the hotel pool, and it was clean, and not small. I found the whirlpool to be clean as well.

We paid an extra $10 a day for breakfast in the hotel restaurant, and we were very impressed with the breakfast. It was a full buffet breakfast, with a big variety of food - cold cereal, yogurt, muffins, pancakes or french toast with lots of toppings to choose from, different breads depending on the day (bagels, toast, croissants, etc), scrambled eggs with cheese, cooked to order omelets, bacon, sausage, different kinds of milk, and orange juice, water, and coffee served at the table by the wait staff. All of the breakfast food I tried was great, and the buffet was a fantastic deal for $10 for 4 people.

Overall, we had a great stay at the Centerpoint Marriott, and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 November 2010

This was an average property. I stayed over Thanksgiving Holiday and they seemed short on personnel. I had a two room suite which was very nice. The property is old and is in a questionable location. Very nice indoor pool, but small. Whirlpool had foamy "crud" floating around. Above average work out area. There were no linens to make up extra bed. The windows were drafty. Average size desk and chair for work. Somehow I felt if I were in a standard room my experience wouldn’t have been as nice. Small one cup coffee maker with micro/fridge in suite. If the price is right I would stay again, but I would look at the other Marriott properties across the street first.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2010

This is a nice hotel that lives up to the Marriott name - good quality, comfortable, but nothing too exciting. Staff is exceedingly friendly, rooms nice and clean. If you're staying in this area, it's definitely a good choice - and really not that far from downtown Detroit (maybe a half hour, tops).

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2010

Came here for a friend's wedding. Everyone from the front desk clerks and house keeping to the bartenders there was very nice and helpful. They went out of their way to make our stay comfortable as possible. Part of the wedding was also at the hotel. Their ballrooms were beautiful and again, did everything they could to make sure we had a good time. Their rooms are very spacious and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2010

I searched for over a month for a hotel that fit my price range and was close enough to DTE Energy Music Theatre so I wouldn't have a long drive after the concert. I found a deal on this hotel's website for a discount for people seeing a concert at that very venue! I paid only $74 (total, with taxes) because of this discount! The hotel was great! The staff was very friendly, the room was spacious, the bed was comfortable. I was very impressed. I only wish I had more time to take advantage of all the hotel had to offer including the indoor and outdoor pools and the room service. There was an extra charge for the internet in the room, but there is free wi-fi in the lobby.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2010

Our family spent four nights at this hotel in July 2010 while we were in town for a wedding. The entire staff of the hotel was wonderful from housekeeping to the front desk to the bar and the restaurant. We travel a great deal and the staff at this hotel was one of the best I have experienced. Great place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2010

I stayed here for approximately 3 months and was very pleased with the cleanlienss of the rooms, service and concierge service. The fitness room was great and not overcrowded. Overall, the hotel was swanky but not pretenious and overpriced. When I left the hotel, they wrote me hand-written card thanking me for my stay! It was a such a special gesture! I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank hanniroxy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pontiac
Residence Inn Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills
Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy
Somerset Inn
Somerset Inn
#10 of 17 in Troy

Been to Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac? Share your experiences!