“Serious About Their Margaritas!”
Review of Mi Zarape

Mi Zarape
Ranked #17 of 80 Restaurants in Pontiac
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: They have been in business for nearly 3 years, took over an old applebees building. Very good Mexican food, great service, and one of our favorite local mexican restaurants.
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I was in Pontiac on business and had a solo dining experience here. The service was great, the food was average...the margaritas are worth writing about. Not only is the size impressive, but it tasted just write and gave me the perfect warm fuzzy feeling.

There are newer reviews for Mi Zarape

Reviewed 5 March 2013

If you are looking for fine dining, look elsewhere. If you are looking for a quick lunch or place to meet after work, you've found your place. Great nachos, homemade chips & salsa, HUGE margaritas (ask for it Texas style) and all around nice place. Used to be an Applebees, and still has the same layout.
Best mexican food in Pontiac? Personally I think Jalapeno's over on Baldwin is better, but this place is fast, cheap, and good. You could do a LOT worse. If you have time, and are looking for something more 'upscale' go North about 15 minutes to downtown Lake Orion and eat at the Sagebrush Catina. It has expanded, and is more of a sports bar now, but still terrific giant burritos and nachos.
Like I said, though, Mi Zarape is fast, good, and easy on the wallet. What more do you want?

2  Thank Chris E
Reviewed 29 January 2013

We go to this restaurant at least twice a month as we shop this much in the USA ...lol. We don't bother going to any other restaurant for dinner. We just love the food here! Not to mention the fact that the cost is so so sooo reasonable! Where else can you get two entree's, alcoholic drinks, for $30 US? I always get a 1/2 litre of wine and my fiancee always gets at least one of their fantastic Texas Margaritas. They are so so good! He always at least gets the "Burrito Cancun" one night and I always go for "Mixed fajitas" at least one night as well. Everything is great - we dabbled in the menu and tried a bunch of things and are never disappointed! The fresh salsa and chips they give you upon arriving is always fresh! I recommend this place to everyone who loves Mexican food and wants a laid back atmosphere.

Reviewed 12 December 2012

Best Carnitas in the area. Home of the Grande Margarita. Happy Hour on Thursdays!
Reasonable price for families. Chips and salsa at every table.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Actually in Bloomfield Hills. Not sure why Trip Advisor lists under Pontiac. New tabletops and rest of he decor are spot on. Location is great. But mostly, I go here because they have a great menu. The marguerita was very very good, large for only $4.95. I like the Burrito Zarape and the carnitas platter with green sauce. The homemade chips are excellent. They bring the sauce in carafe to fill individual bowls & you add your choice of hot sauces to make it perfect for you.