“Good to carry out too!”
Review of Papa Vino's

Papa Vino's
Ranked #9 of 81 Restaurants in Pontiac
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 October 2013

While dinig here is always nice, we like to carry out from here. The food portions are generous and delicious.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Food is usually pretty good, but occasionally misses (the chicken parmigiana is usually dry and overcooked). There is a nice variety of choices on the menu and even if you eat here a lot (I stay in the hotel across the street very often), you will always find a good choice. Overall, the food is good -- it's not a great restaurant, but a very nice find.

On a side note, I've always found the hostesses (it's generally a hostess if there's even anyone at the front) to be very untrained and sometimes just plain rude. There's major turnover at that position and gives a bad first impression. You never get a smile or a sincere welcome. It's all business and very brusque. Service, on the other hand, is usually quite good. Sometimes when the place is busy, service suffers, but I've always enjoyed the servers who know their business.

Bottom line, this is a good place with lots of fans.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Spending time in Pontiac on the job, have the Missus with me. First night here and Papa Vinos is handy to hotel. Just good honest Italian food at a a reasonable price. Around 15 bucks a plate + or -, You get plenty and the sservice is good. Dined here awhile ago and nothing has changed. Consistently good.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Lunch today, I ordered the delicious sounding Portabello sandwich.It was aweful!
The bread was dry and stale ....it was coated in a semi frozen kind of margarine, the Mushroom was tough and tasteless.
How hard can it be to make this simple combination
tasty?..
No effort, no care, stale produce
AVOID!

Reviewed 30 May 2013

This was a farewell dinner for a co-worker and we had a great time.

The restaurant was a standard Italian look. Great atmosphere and great service. We had the calamari, crab stuffed mushroom and the bruschetta as appetizers. The calamari was cooked to perfection and the sauce they used was very good it had a spicy kick which was a nice touch. For dinner I had the Linguini Pascatore. The mussels and the shrimp were cooked again to perfection however my pasta was a little overcooked and I didn't like the Roma tomato's they over powered the butter sauce. We had the Tiramisu and cheese cake for dessert and those were both average.

Overall, I would go again and have a great time with friends or alone. They have plenty of things on the menu that I would like to try.