“Felt like a victim ... not a guest!”

Courtyard Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Pontiac
Reviewed 20 April 2011

I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. They have old TVs with a blurry picture. They offer "free wireless" but it's too slow to even play YouTube videos; but of course, you can pay extra for a faster connection. A crappy breakfast costs $9. These are things that should be included!

You can get so much more for so much less someplace else. This hotel simply sees dollar signs when you walk in ... not a guest for them to make feel welcome. Stay away!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
BrandonFrederick, General Manager at Courtyard Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel. We are sorry for any inconveniences that you experienced staying with us but I want to assure you that we are doing everything in our power to enhance the TV and internet experience throughout all of our guest rooms.

We are currently in the process of replacing our older TVs with Flat Screen TVs and our internet upgrade will result in double the speed that we have now. We don't currently and will continue to not charge for any form of internet at our hotel.

We hope that you will give us the oppourtunity to serve you again the next time you visit the Auburn Hills / Pontiac area.

Reviewed 14 April 2011

Very great stay they had a great breakfest buffet food was always hot and a great selection to chose from, anything we needed all we had to do is ask. We had 6 rooms for our company and everyone was as satisfied.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
BrandonFrederick, General Manager at Courtyard Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy that you had the opportunity to experience our great buffet and everything it has to offer. We look forward to seeing you and your company again in the future!

Reviewed 11 April 2011

arrived very late at night to a warm welcome. The staff was very friendly and room was very clean.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing the Courytard for your most recent stay. I am delighted to hear that you had a great experience and greatly enjoyed visiting with our staff. Please come back again and see us soon. Have a great day!

Reviewed 14 March 2011

I stayed at this Courtyard recently after getting a room for $48 on Priceline, which I consider a fairly decent bargain.

This is a fairly clean and comfortable hotel. If all you’re doing is sleeping, I highly recommend it -- especially through Priceline. Its location is great for business travelers as well as those attending nearby concerts or shopping at both Somerset and Great Lakes Crossing, both of which are about 10 minutes away. (The hotel is halfway between the two.)

With that said, this is an old Courtyard. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable and the staff was very nice and accommodating. However, the hotel has not received the renovations that most Courtyard hotels have in the last couple of years. Without these renovations, it’s basically a glorified Fairfield Inn -- it's not a three-star hotel, as many travel websites describe it. If you’re looking for a little nicer accommodations, along with a restaurant, consider staying at the Marriott across the street -- it’s where I ate a very enjoyable and reasonably priced dinner one evening.

The fitness room is well maintained and in good condition. The pool and hot tub, while small, were clean and seldom used when I was there. The morning breakfast -- a hot buffet -- is good, but not worth the $8 price. I only ate it because the front desk clerk gave me a free voucher upon arrival after I indicated I was a Marriott Rewards member.

Besides the very old television with poor picture quality, I was disappointed in the rather small toilet. You cannot can wipe yourself without standing up unless you want to get your hand soaked, as the toilet bowl is too shallow.

The hotel did have high-speed internet, which was a nice feature to have considering that more and more hotels are charging for this.

I wouldn’t pay full price for the Courtyard, but I would pay between $40 and $55 for it. As a point of reference, the considerably nicer Marriott across the street goes for $60 to $65 on Priceline.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Most courtyards are very alike, so its mainly the staff that makes the different. Room was very clean. Stayed in the lobby and had a few beers after going to the pistons game the front desk worker couldn't have been nicer. Overall a nice experience.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 12 February 2011

Gary and
Renekwa were an awesome staff amongst the others too!! Coffee is Starbucks one of my favorites. I love the fireplace in the lobby . Its such a modern and well kept up hotel . I really don't need to look for another in town. I come in quite often and found a great comfortable place. Thanks so much for not compromising your standards. Have not tried the pool yet but will. The breakfast was good Might if I can add some fresh homebaked danish as well. Also soy milk for people with food allergies. And some gluten free products. Just a suggestion mind you. Thanks also for the use of the internet in lobby area. That is a great perk. All in All I was and am very happy with my stay. Blessing to you and your company. Bonnie Jean Gorgievski

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2011

No frills Courtyard. This place has bugs. There was a roach in my room.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
BrandonFrederick, General Manager at Courtyard Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2011

*Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel. We are so sorry for this inconvenience you experienced while staying with us but please know we’ve been working very hard to ensure our rooms are perfectly clean.

We do have a contract with a company to consistently monitor and treat rooms to prevent this inconvenience. As soon as we received your feedback we made sure to retreat the room to prevent this from happening to any future guests.

We hope you will give us a try on your next trip to Pontiac, MI. I can assure you that you will be pleased. Thanks again for the feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pontiac
Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac
Hampton Inn Detroit/Auburn Hills South
Courtyard Detroit Auburn Hills
Courtyard Detroit Auburn Hills
#11 of 17 in Auburn Hills

Been to Courtyard Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills? Share your experiences!