“Bathroom toilet flooded beds are small pool area is humid and the water is dirty”

Courtyard Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Pontiac
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This hotel is not a good value it could compare to a sleep in with no free breakfast. I would not stay here again. I check in really late to find Expedia had booked the wrong night so I had to pay for a extra night in a dirty hotel because my husband was tired from the drive and didn't want to go to another hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
Silviya S, General Manager at Courtyard Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Hello, I am sorry to hear you didn’t have a pleasant stay at our hotel. if you would like to discuss your stay with me, I would be more than happy too. My phone number is 248 858 9595. Thank you

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
New York
Reviewed 31 August 2013

The hotel is the older style but still well appointed. Had no problems. The staff was what made the hotel truly shine. I stayed for an interview at the Oakland Medical School and cannot thank the staff enough for being so accommodating and friendly! Alan, Nahidah, Reneka, and Jessica were amazing!! Thank you Reneka for the crazy glue, Nahidah for popcorn, and Jessica for helping me with adjust my room rate during my last night's stay!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback! I will make sure to pass you comments to our team. We certainly appreciate the recognition and my team members will be happy to hear your comments. We look forward having you in the future. Thank you! Take care!
New Jersey
Reviewed 15 August 2013

The hotel is the older style Courtyard which needs to get the new modern makeover. Still has the old buffet breakfast setup instead of eatery in the refurbished locations. The rooms are clean but old looking. The staff was nice and handle a small issue with my room quickly. The follow-up from the manager was nice. Overall this is a fine option if you are looking for a basic room.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I wish to commend all the hotel staff, especially NAHIDAH and JILLIAN (Front Desk) and JESSICA (Breakfast Restaurant) for the wonderful, attentive and genuinely courteous service we received at your hotel. Prior to booking the room, we had read good reviews on Trip Advisor, but I must admit our stay experience was even better than the reviews. The room was comfortable and clean, the service was excellent, the indoor pool/spa tub was thoroughly made use of and enjoyed by my kids and I, the breakfast was very delicious, and our overall stay experience was great.

We will most certainly choose this hotel on our next trip to Pontiac, MI.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the main level, as it is very easy to unload/load your luggage from the car.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback! I will make sure to pass you comments to our team. We certainly appreciate the recognition and my team members will be happy to hear your comments. The ladies you mentioned truly are wonderful and the do a great job taking care of our customers. We look forward having you in the future. Thank you! Take care!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Courtyard when we came into town for a conference. We had planned on staying at the Marriott Hotel directly across the street from the Courtyard (since that was where the conference was being held) but it was booked by the time we got around to making reservations. The Courtyard is a perfectly fine hotel-clean and with an exceptionally friendly staff. The room was the standard chain hotel room albeit a bit worn around the edges. We stayed in room 405. There was a long, hairline crack in the bathroom tile floor and a sizable watermark on the ceiling. The wallpaper was peeling on the right hand side of the queen sized bed closest to the window. There were a few popcorn kernels in the sitting chair and holes in one of the towels and one of the pillowcases. I was a bit put off by these minor issues but the room itself was clean (believe me I looked carefully after spying the kernels).

If I came back to the area for a conference I would definitely go for the larger Marriott hotel first. There is also a Marriott Residence Inn next to the Courtyard which I would check out.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Silviya S, General Manager at Courtyard Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review for our hotel. I apologize about the issues you had encountered during your stay. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me at the hotel 248 858 9595. Thank you! Have a good weekend!
T.o.
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Staryed at the Courtyard Marriott in Pontiac MI the weekend of March 30/13. Hotel is your standard Courtyard design and set-up with free wifi. The rooms are basic, standard and are ok. The rooms could use a general refreshening, but are fine if you are looking for a standard room for the night. My room also had a a small fridge and microwave. The front desk staff seemed pleasant. For food options, there are a couple of standard fast food outlets around the corner and a short drive away. Easy access to I75 highway around the corner. I would stay again if the price was right.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Silviya S, General Manager at Courtyard Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I wish you had a better experience at our hotel. We do acknowledge the fact that the rooms could use refreshing. That is why we constantly try to improve our property. On regular basis we make certain improvements that would be a benefit to our guests, the addition of microwave and refrigerator are some of them. I hope you decide to stay with us again next time you are in town.
Thank you! Have a good day!
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I did stay this week from Monday to Friday. The cleanliness, comfort, roominess of the room was adequate and to no degree objectionable. I appreciated the friendly personel and good breakfast. Check in and out were quick and seamless.
What left me frustrated was the fact that you did allow teens to book rooms to celebrate a party in the middle of the working week (Thursday to Friday, supposedly a 16th birthday celebration). As they used the whirpool, danced to loud music and did not care a bit about other guests, this cost me an entire night of sleep.
The matter of the fact that you did offer me to swap my room (at 1:30am) was a try to mitigate this situation. Which speaks to your advantage. However, this was an offer that I turned down as I believe it should be the mis-behaving guests who need to move or get out. Why would I change in my last night of the stay?
In that sense, you need to prioritize your business customers, at least during the working week. Otherwise it will be the better decision to not consider your house any time again in the future.
P.S. The party did not end before 4:15am when someone of your staff finally had separated the kids into their individual rooms. They gathered again at 5am....

Room Tip: If you have the wrong neighbor, you will be in trouble.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Silviya S, General Manager at Courtyard Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. To be honest I am not sure about the event you are referring to. The hotel has a strict no party policy and we do not allow underage guests staying at the hotel without parental supervision. Regardless, I will be more than happy to discuss this further with you. If you would like to do so please call me at 1 248 858 9595. Thank you for your time!

Travellers are raving about these Pontiac hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pontiac
Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac
Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
#4 of 17 in Auburn Hills
Hampton Inn Detroit/Auburn Hills South

Been to Courtyard Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills? Share your experiences!