“Great Customer Service”

Best Western Port Huron/Hospitality Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Port Huron
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Accommodations were good but what really is great is the staff. They will go out of their way to help. The room was clean and service was very good. The breakfast was adequate; the eggs were not so good probably powdered eggs. Coffee was pretty good and plentiful. Internet access in my room was not very good. I had difficulty staying connected. Overall we were very satisfied.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Joe S

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The Best Western in Port Huron is next to a small park that my kids had fun playing at when they were not in the pool at the hotel. It is across the street from a Cracker Barrel, but not much else is there within walking distance. You have to drive a short distance to downtown Port Huron to find anything else. The hotel itself was quite nice. The lobby and rooms were clean, the breakfast was pretty good. There were hard boiled eggs, a waffle maker, yogurts, cereal, bread, bagels, pastries, and fruits out.
This was a great place to spend the night before crossing the border into Canada.

BTW, we explored Port Huron the next morning before crossing the border. The downtown area is cute. We enjoyed seeing the drawbridges opening and closing on the river through downtown as sailboats commuted. We also enjoyed the historic lighthouse on Lake Huron with the guided tour. There are lots of fun parks and nice beaches in the area for the kids to play at as well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The person at the desk when we arrived was very friendly. She was very helpful and informative. She knew her job and did it great. The lobby was very clean. The excising and pool areas were well maintained. The room itself was very clean and the temperture was just right when you walked into the room.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

For the size of Port Huron, I believe this to be the best hotel in town. We definitely would return. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very unappetizing and I don't think I would try it again. Thankfully, I had some yogurt and fruit in the fridge in our room for the second morning.

1  Thank Bonnie P
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The motel staff is friendly and the motel is in a nice location. Management needs to cut down or trim back trees behind the motel though so you can see the water view. An initial problem at check-in related to new front staff was later corrected during the stay. Front staff even took a family picture for us.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Over the course of 4 days: Room key had to be re-keyed three times. Door left open all day by maid. Despite assuring me nobody else would enter my room unless I asked, the very next day the bed had been made ... what about "do not enter" could possibly have failed to be understood????????

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Alan J
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I took a little shopping trip to Port Huron and stayed at this hotel for one night 19/06/14. I took the time to read most of the reviews on here, which were, for the most part very good, however, our experience was much different. I am not one to complain, but feel there's lots of room for improvement in this hotel. My first hint should have been a cleaning person lugging garbage out the front door as we were trying to enter!
Pro's - 1) Close to all shopping 2) easy to get to from the Canada/US border 3) comfortable beds 4) reasonable rates.
Con's:
1) When we arrived they had no record of our reservation. I provided my "confirmation number" but was told that was not enough and would have to show them my e-mail verification. I've never had to show "e-mail" verification anywhere before. I had to use their computer to go into my e-mail to find it. Luckily I didn't delete it!!
2) Noisy - Very little "sound proofing" between floors. We stayed on the 2nd floor and could hear every step taken on the floor above us. We could also hear the bath tub/shower above us being turned on at 12:30 a.m.
3) The "hot" breakfast was lacking. We were downstairs by 7:30 a.m. and all that was left was a few hash browns and cold scrambled eggs. There was no hot water to make tea, and the "fresh" fruit wasn't very appealing to the eye. The gal working the food table only brought out hot water when I brought it to her attention. The eggs were replenished and when warm were quite tasty. By 8:15 a.m. there had still not been any meat (sausage or bacon) brought out. Perhaps the 6:00 a.m. people finished it all?? The breakfast eating area is small and the hotel was quite busy so we landed up having to carry our food into a "Meeting Room" to eat. This room is also not very sound proofed, as again we could hear footsteps above us while eating. This would not be a great room to hold a meeting.
4) When checking out I asked for some information on a few of the local tourist attractions. The gal on the front desk was very good with "shopping" directions, but that was about all.
Would we return here again .... not likely.

3  Thank Reene1956