“Port Huron's best,.”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was not our first visit to 1882 and it was also excellent food - good selection, good preparation, etc. - and good service. What else should a restaurant provide ?

2  Thank jaunty5

Reviewed 28 November 2011

We read about this restaurant and booked a table for our one night stay at the nearby Thomas Edison Inn (about a five minute walk away).

The decor is charming and very pleasant, and the service was excellent.

The food was not bad, but not as good as I had hoped. My duck was so overwhelmed by the overdose of raspberry sauce that I could hardly taste it. I was also somewhat surprised that it arrived less than ten minutes after I ordered it, which suggests it was prepared in advance and reheated (perhaps I am being unfair here, but that's what I felt). My wife's pork was very good, although the quantity was huge and she couldn't eat it all (about four times as much as you would get in a French bistro). The appetizers were good, as were the house wines by the glass.

Perhaps my expectations were too high. Nevertheless it was overall an enjoyable experince and we know of nowhere else nearby that is as good.

Unless there are new developments, we would eat here again and commend the owners for being so adventurous to open a bistro in this place.

Reviewed 11 September 2011

A very pleasant 'find' in Port Huron. Went with small kids, which was a bit tricky given that it's not really suitable for families. But the food was very good.

Reviewed 17 August 2011

It's hard to choose what to order because everything is so very good. I go several times a year for lunch with a close friend for special occasions. Have had almost everything on a lunch menu, and clam chowder every time. It is truly wonderful. The staff is very professional yet friendly. My favorite place for a special meal.

Reviewed 17 May 2011

For the past year we have made it a point to stop for lunch at the Bistro 1882 whenever we are passing through Port Huron. Yesterday was our most recent visit and it was as good as always with four or five soup choices- much appreciated on a cold, raw day.
We are moving to Sarnia soon and we are looking forward to coming here for dinner as well as lunches through the summer.

1  Thank memphismickey