“Bistro 1882 is good, good, good.”
Review of Bistro 1882 - CLOSED

Bistro 1882
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Sunnyvale, CA
“Bistro 1882 is good, good, good.”
Reviewed 31 August 2005

We chose Port Huron as a midway rest stop on our way from Toronto ONT to Holland MI. It was just a place on the map that was convenient. But, we were so surprised to find such a great place to eat!

In the middle of the afternoon, after checking out the nearby Edison Depot Museum, we stopped by for lunch. The docent recommended this place. We didn't expect much. But, oh boy! I'm glad we ate here.

We found the restaurant on a quiet street, under the bridge that connects Port Huron with Canada. The brick building is nicely restored. The interior is well decorated and has a great ambience. Already, it offered more that I expected.

The young wait staff is helpful and just the right amount of attentive: they didn't come by every two minutes asking us if 'everything is ok' and our water glasses never went empty.

Everything was very well priced. The specials included wild mushroom stuffed pasta that sounded great. But, I ordered the chicken salad sandwich. My companion ordered the half soup (tomato) half sandwich. Everything was tasty. But, the star of both our meals was the sweet potato salad: It was phenomenal. They had many tasty looking desserts. We choose the peach cobbler. It was very good.

If I’m ever in this part of the country again, I’m sure to stop off here:

Bistro 1882