“Not worth the money”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Port Huron
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The hot tub jets didn't work right ,the pool was freezing.The bed in my room was slanted and I didn't get much sleep. There was a fire in the laundry room and we were all evacuated ,my children are scared to ever stay the night in a hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2014
gmmi370, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Lisa,

I am unaware of any issues with our pool and hot tub, but I will definitely check functionality of them immediately after this email. I also apologize for the inconveniences with the small fire we had in our laundry room. Our staff took the necessary precautions to ensure the safety of all of our guests and staff according to our emergency plan.

Joseph Ellis
Guest Relations Manager
Quality Inn & Suites Port Huron
(810) 987-5999

Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

From the start, the service was amazing. The counter staff was very helpful.The hot tub was clean and very relaxing.We enjoyed the whole stay. It was a great adventure in Port Huron and look forward to staying again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013
gmmi370, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you so much Ariellabell! I'll be sure to let all the staff know about your kind words. Customer service is a top priority here and we take it very seriously so I'm glad you recognized that.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Upon check-in the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and everything worked just fine. The bed was clean and comfy and the "Q shower" was just a smidge above average. The wifi was a bit slow but worked OK. Overall it is what you should expect for the price. The one thing however, is that it was strange the way you enter and leave the parking lot. The entrance is poorly marked and does not appear to be a hotel entrance at all. I was OK with it, but I can see how it could be a problem for many. The breakfast was a decent hot breakfast as usual from Choice Hotels. It was a good overnight stay near the boarder of Canada and I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
gmmi370, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you so much for your evaluation. It is appreciated by all our employees. I will be sure to let them all know about this review.

Regarding the hotel entrance please understand we do share this parking lot with a few other businesses and our main entrance is on Hancock Street.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay, however and hope to see you again!

Thank you.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I have been travelling for business and I am very particular when I chose hotels to stay in. I chose this one due to the location and price and it did not disappoint. Beds were comfortable and staff was great.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
gmmi370, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Thank you so much for your evaluation. Your kind words are appreciated by all our employees. I will be sure to let them all know about this review.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and hopefully we will have the pleasure to host you again for your next over night requirement in Port Huron.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

If you've been to any Quality Inn, you've been to this one. It has everything to meet a traveler's needs in a bland manner at a reasonable price. I stayed one night. The room phone was out of order; two room lights didn't work; there was no tissues in the holder in the b'room and the Wi-Fi was very slow. I wanted to use the pool but the change room was grungey and the jacuzzi was out of order. (it was a Monday) The b'fast was ample but uninspiring.. It was a cheap stay and I got what I paid for.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the Freeway and you get truck noise 24/7.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I've stayed at this property every summer for at least 4 years straight and I've never had a complaint. Large, clean rooms, good breakfast with plenty of options...everything refilled right until 10:00am. Nice pool, quiet area, right next to the bridge to Canada. A little hard to find if you don't know where you're going but they DO have signage. Plenty of area restaurants and a mall close by.

Room Tip: I had a room right next to the elevator and barely heard it!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
gmmi370, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I've stayed here a few times on my way to Canada and haven't been disappointed yet. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable, the staff is very friendly and helpful. They have a large open area near the lobby where breakfast is served and it is above average. They've recently renovated the indoor pool which looks great and has a kids play area where they can crawl around in a jungly gym type... thing.

Last time I stayed here I was upgraded to a king room with a huge jacuzzi tub that could have easily fit a few people. Thanks for the perks guys!

Nice room layout and fast wifi, plenty of cable channels, large LCD T.V. The location is great if you're just heading to Canada or getting back. The bridge to Canada is the next exit on the highway. The only drawback is there's not much else in the area in the way of restaurants. Other than that I'd recommend this place for anybody.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
gmmi370, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013