“Great place to stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Cadillac, Michigan
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

This is my second stay at this Hampton. I was happy with my first stay and again with this one.
The staff was so helpful when I checked in late from travel and extremely hungry. They gave me the menu for a couple of places that delivered and said the one had really good salads. I got to my room and quickly ordered my salad. I put on a pot of coffee and relaxed in my very clean room and enjoyed a fantastic salad. The beds are very comfortable and the breakfasts always offer such a variety. They have my business.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank LindaG42036

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
wayne, nj
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

How often does a hotel in this NON resort area have the opportunity to sell out. Probably only once a year when the International Silver Stick Hockey Tournement comes to town. I'm sure, this hotel which usually books rooms for $119/nite, was pleased as punch. Especially since they charged us a premium! $169/room, $189 with tax & fees included. And that was booking 15 rooms for 3 nights! As part of the Hilton chain of families maybe they would make it up in amenities. NOPE. This hotel was so small you could see the indoor pool from the registration desk! The foyer consisted of a "public" conference style table for approximately 20 in the center, a little seating area of 4 cushy chairs and an "internet cafe" tucked in the corner. Between the Foyer and the Pool sits a dinning area where the self serve breakfast is available. There is ONE hospitality room which is only slightly bigger than a standard room. The gym...2 treadmills, 1 eliptical, a bike and free weights all tucked into a room sized only to fit the contents. So I ask you, where are multiple hockey clubs to congrigate between games. There is absolutely NOTHING to do within walking distance of this hotel.

Room Tip: Try the Fairfield Inn next door.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

We have stayed in this hotel at least 4 times, mainly for shopping trips to the States. We tried one other hotel in the area and won't go anywhere else because we know the rooms will be bright, clean and quiet. The staff are very nice and helpful. My son and husband used the pool, hot tub and exercise rooms and were very pleased. For breakfast we made our own hot waffles and they were very good. There was also fruit, yogurt, cereal, muffins etc. (Didn't like the egg mixture though.) Check-in and out was easy and fast. We will keep on coming back here when we stay in the Port Huron area.

Room Tip: Be sure to join the points plan for this or any other Hilton hotel you are staying in...ask if they...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kitts4
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

We were well pleased with our stay here. The room had been updated and very nice. The personnel were very friendly and helpful. The only downside was that there seemed to be major bridge or road construction going on that made the location a little difficult to find. There were not many choices for eating that were close, but we did walk to the Bob Evans nearby and had a very good meal.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank retiretravel46
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

Stayed one night enroute to Troy after crossing the Canadian border late at night. We didn't expect much but was happily surprised and impressed. The room was modern, well decorated, clean, and extremely comfortable. Nice flat screen tv, fridge and microwave. Free internet (I think if you have Hilton membership). Took a quick tour, there was a pool and a small fitness room, it was very cold in there.

The breakfast area is pretty and your standard fare, well stocked.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Ayr, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

I have stayed at this hotel before but upon arrival the manager happened to be at the front door and immeadiately recognized me from past trips. As I was waiting to be checked in a call came to the front desk and the clerk took it. The manager stopped doing what he was doing and came to the desk and told me I shouldn't have to wait and checked me in quickly.
Nice to be recognized and have such good service. The room was clean ready when I got there and the staff was very polite including the breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: Talk to the manager he is very helpfull
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Buffalo. Ny
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2011

Stayed last weekend for a family event. The hotel is much more attractive than I expected and the staff is very professional. it is also more expensive than most in Port Huron. They do have an extensive hot and decent breakfast (but the Bob Evan's across the street has real eggs and bacon). My pet peeves are these. A hotel at this price should at least have real coffee creamer in the rooms with the coffee maker instead of the powdered junk. Thankfully I noticed and grabbed some from the lobby breakfast area in the evening. TV remote didn't work. Our room, 319, had a very noisy and constant on/off heating unit and being a somewhat light sleeper I didn't get much sleep as a result. And, no, I didn't want to change rooms in the middle of the night when my wife was sound a sleep. Luckily, I found some earplugs in my shaving kit and they helped. I'd stay again if the rate was good. Check yours each day after you book because they fluctuate greatly.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple