“5***** hotel for a 2** price.”

Fairfield Inn by Marriott Port Huron
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Port Huron
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Lana & Debbie made us feel special. Great hotel. Very clean. Staff great. Hot tub and pool very clean.
5***** hotel for a 2** price.
My 4th visit back since I tried it out last August (for a golf weekend) as I had such a great experience there that time.
Wish other hotels were as good as this one.
I could list everything that was good about the hotel but it's easier to say that I could not think of anything to rate it poorly on.
Breakfast was served from 6am to 10am. Sausage, Eggs, cereal, yoghurt, milk, juices, coffee etc.
Bed very comfortable. I have a hard bed at home and never thought the bed was soft.
Going back next week again for, I hope, more of the same.
Wife loved it too especially the free coffee in the reception area. There is a small pantry for snack purchases.

Room Tip: Pool / hot tub and Ice machine on ground floor / i.e. 1st floor Fitness room on 3rd floor. Less th...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Checked in on January 23 for a hockey group tournament, Front desk agent told us that we booked two-king rooms, when we ably booked 1 room due to us only traveling with our family upon checking into the room I noticed various wear and tears such as cracks, scuff marks etc.. After a long 10hr trip from New Jersey I go to take a shower and there were only 2 bottles of Pantene conditioner and no Shampoo, shower head is to low so you have to duck down to rinse your hair. Overall management should defiantly consider walking through the property and addressing the problems to Marriott or to the Owners..

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tylertavares
Hotelhelper, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Port Huron, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Thank you for your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn Port Huron. I am happy the Staff was able to cancel the extra reservation that was in for you. I can imagine your frustration when showering you had 2 conditioners and no shampoo. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and will address this with the housekeeping staff. We are very excited that we are having a complete renovation later in the year which will take care of some of the wear and tear hotels endure. We really enjoyed having you and your team stay with us and hope to see you next year!

Reviewed 20 December 2013

We've come to expect good quality across the board with any stay at a Marriott Hotel. This hotel lived up to that standard. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. It's a better value than the Hampton right next door.

Breakfast selection was nice, room was very clean. Bed was too soft. A more firm mattress would've been better for a good night's sleep.

Staff was super friendly and service was exceptional. We would consider this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2013

The outside of the hotel looks good and the inside is very well-maintained and clean despite being an older property. Rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious.

It was nice to have a heated indoor pool that was ACTUALLY HEATED especially in December. Most so-called heated pools are freezing, this one was nice!

There is another hotel next door that seems a bit newer but Fairfield Port Huron beats EVERY hotel I have ever stayed in from 2 star to 5 star properties for their service. We had a very friendly and helpful check-in and every person we met working there is very friendly. We did have an issue but they went ABOVE and BEYOND to make it better. I wish I could remember the lady on the front desks name our first night as she seems to genuinely enjoy her job and she does what it takes to satisfy her guests and FAR EXCEED their expectations!

Fairfield GM, we checked in on December 6 for 2 nights and hope that you know that this lady is a star and you are very lucky to have her working at your hotel! She made us want to come back to your hotel, as next door is nice too, but she made our stay great!

Cracker Barrel and Bob Evans are within walking distance (maybe no in the winter!) and the border and main shopping area are nearby. Easy highway access, but a quiet and safe area!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank CdnOsFan
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I'm normally a Holiday Inn Express or Courtyard Marriott kind of guy, but Port Huron didn't have either of these. So I stayed here at my first Fairfield Inn. It was as expected. Hotel was nice, clean, and comfortable. Not brand new but certainly not to the "outdated" stage yet. Breakfast spread was nice as well. Very reasonable rate, but I think acceptable for what it is. I always think hotels are overpriced, though...

Want to add a definite shout-out to the staff. The lady who checked me in (who I regretfully forgot the name of), was exceptionally polite and friendly. If only all hotels could learn this.

All in all I'd recommend it. Good safe bet.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank illini_razorback
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel with girlfriends. The room was clean ans spacious. The bed was what really stood out forme. The mattress was so comfortable. Upon check -in we had a very pleasant employee. The free breakfast was just adequate and the wifi was free in my room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ladybug2189
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We had stayed at the property next door on our last driving trip to Chicago. It was OK, but wanted to try something different. We remembered that there was another hotel but couldn't recall the name. So, no reservation, just walked in. Super friendly staff. I mean SUPER FRIENDLY! "We have a king room available at $99." Including WiFi and breakfast. Great sleep in a comfy bed. Spacious room, clean, not a lot of wear and tear anywhere in the hotel. Breakfast was perfect with yoghurt, fresh fruit, hot stuff, waffle maker, coffee, juices, etc etc etc.

Can't ask for more, especially at this price point!

And they gave us a terrific recommendation for dinner!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple