“A Great Stay !!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Port Huron
St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada
“A Great Stay !!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

The Comfort Inn in Port Huron from the outside is nothing to write home about. A little hard to get into considering the construction on I 69/94. The check in was very smooth and could not have asked for greater service. Room was very nice with 2 Queen Beds and considering we were on the Highway side, I thought it might be noisy, but no truck noise.

The pool was very nice although it is small. Our only concern is that parents don't let their kids know that other people do not appreciate be splashed in the pool. This soured our pool experience at the C.I. Port Huron.

A great night sleep, but the pillows do leave something to be imagined. Very small - a little bigger than most sofa cushions - did make it a little difficult sleeping. I wish hotels would not cheap out on pillows, they can make or break the stay.

The breakfast was great. It offered a great selection and lots of quantity was there.

Be prepared if sleeping on the Highway side - construction starts early in the morning. I am sure all hotels in area have experience pain with the construction. Short term pain for long term gain.

As a frequent traveller to Port Huron, we most definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Get one on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Trailerman68

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Grand Haven, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

This Comfort Inn is a good choice when staying in or near Port Huron. It is generally easy to access, although current construction in the area (April 2012) can make for some challenges. The hotel personnel are always very nice. I have usually stayed in rooms with two queen beds, and in some ways the rooms feel a little cramped. With four people staying in the room it could feel a little crowded. Having said that, the rooms have been updated and are reasonably fresh. The bathroom is clean,and the towels are great. The beds are comfortable, the wi-fi works well and the rooms have an opening window as well as HVAC. The rooms I have stayed in have a fridge and microwave for added convenience. There are no elevators for access to the second floor. Parking is plentiful, and the area seems to be safe enough. One thing of note, the bathroom has VERY hot water - scalding really. This can catch some guests by surprise of course, but is a welcome change from the "tepid" hot water at some hotels. Great for a hot shower or soak in the tub! The only downside is that the hotel will charge $1 a night for the in room safe - I have never asked to have this deleted but I'm sure it is open to negotiation. It is a comfort to be able to store valuables when you head out for dinner.

Room Tip: There are no elevators for access to the second floor. There is major ongoing road construction in t...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank michiglen
antioch illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

This hotel was exactly where we needed to be for family business. I was a little concerned after reading some of the reviews, but thank goodness I decided to check out the hotel for myself.Hotel is a non-smoking facility which was a big plus. Staff was friendly and helpful,especially the housekeeping ladies. Our room was very clean. Kids enjoyed the pool and us old folks enjoyed the hot tub. Breakfast was more than adequate with waffles,eggs,toast and jelly, muffins,danish,bagels and cream cheese, coffee, tea and juice.No, I am NOT an employee, but I did manage an hotel in Illinois for 20 years, so believe me I did check the corners, beds and bathroom for cleanliness. Full marks for a very nice facility. We will be back.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank thistledown
Port Huron, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

I went there 4 the indoor Pool mostly. The week I was there, the Inn was working on the Pool!

It was closed my many days there, & there manager was Very Very Very RUDE!
She said at one time, "go ahead & write a letter complaining. I'll get it & send U back the standard letter!" HaHa! she laugh'd.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank missiroc

Travellers are raving about these Port Huron hotels

Grand Rapids
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

During Check-in and Check-out friendliness and Customer Service were lacking. When I asked to have Safe Charge removed the clerk rolled his eyes and shot me a glance.
Breakfast was unimpressive.
Noticable "Returning from the Bar' hallway noise from 12:30 to 2:00 AM.
Free Internet- I hope so- the signal was non-existent in my room. Had to go down to the breakfast area to get a signal.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KibbleGR
Duluth, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2011

We arrived after a long day for our second MI night stay towards our free night offer. this place was a Construction Zone, (not cleaned up after a days work.) This nights stay did no good towards our free night, as Comfort Inns did not Honor their offer. Their main offices Customer Service was no service as they did the bait and switch. They had no problem getting their money from our credit card but couldn't honor our stays. Even their mgr. at Mackinaw couldn't get their system to grant us our night after an hour on the phone. They get zero stars.

Room Tip: Check out the room before you finalize your stay.
Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fufer
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2011

I prefer to cross the border into Canada in the AM when more people are available if I have issues. This motel gets me within a couple of miles of the boarder. A corporate discount gets it into my price range.

Check in was pleasant and quick, large vehicle parking is on the street. I’m the only one tonight.

Room is clean, water is warm, heater works, WiFi is free. My room is on the ground floor, the lot is fairly full of cars but the area is still quiet. Pictures are included to keep the comments short.

Bob Evans is within walking distance, about a ½ a block. But across the highway and there is road construction so some may prefer to drive.

Breakfast included both waffles and hard boiled eggs, plus the usual cereals, donuts and breads. And it is from 6 AM to 10:30 AM one of the longer ranges I’ve come across.

I don’t post this on every motel, but I rarely turn on the TV when in a motel so I have no comment on if they work.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business