Baymont Inn & Suites Port Huron
Clair Inn(Marysville)
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Inn(Port Huron)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskhot tubroom was cleancontinental breakfasthockey tournamentgas stationpool areaa great staywould stay againwafflesstaff was very friendly and helpfulthe breakfast areaamandamicrowaveshoppingteamsrates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed at the Baymont Inn for a hockey tourney weekend. We were greeted by friendly staff. Our room was as promised. They were very accommodating to the team when it came time for our team meal on Saturday. They staff was always ready and willing to help us, even providing plates when we ordered pizza. Thanks for hosting our team!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kristyn P
PortHuronManager, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Port Huron, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

Thank you for choosing the Baymont Port Huron to host your team. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed staying with us as much as we enjoyed having you. It makes my day to be able to pass compliments along to my staff, so I thank you for that as well. Good luck to you and your team!
Regards,
Allison

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I'll start with the good:

The check in was rough but very friendly.

Now the bad:

-They had booked us for 2 rooms prepaid even though our online reservation confirmation was for 1. They did fix it but it took 2 trips to the front desk and 10 minutes to sort out.

-The room stunk bad

-The bedding was filthy, pillowcases were dirty and we had to trek down the musty hall to get clean ones. The brown bed "runner" on the end of the bed had "white stuff" on it that appeared to be you know what.

-Had a shower and there was a dirty face cloth hanging inside the shower curtain

-Do they wash any linens here? Had to pick through the towels for a clean one.

-Carpets were vacuumed but stained

-Pool area looked good but doesn't open until 10am! Another guest told me the hot tub was pretty nasty

-Internet would not work all night, even after calling front desk. Worked SLOWLY in morning

-Very poor lighting and signage if you are trying to find it at night. The location is outside of Port Huron by a small outlet malls that is mostly empty. Not much else around at all.

-No elevator

-Just felt icky all night and couldn't wait to leave, our first and LAST stay ever at a Baymont.

If it wasn't after midnight when we got there, I would have demanded my money back and went somewhere else. Plenty of other places to stay in town near restaurants etc for not much more.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

I’m sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I’m particularly disappointed that you chose not to bring up your concerns to me at check out and instead left without an apology or some sort of compensation. Please allow me to address your concerns now: As you stated in your review, you reserved your room online. Whether computer error through the corporate website or human error on your part is to blame for this, two reservations arrived via our central reservations system and were held for your party, as we had no way of knowing you only intended to have one. I apologize that you found the resolution inconvenient; however I would like to respectfully point out that most hotels in this situation would have required the approval of a manager before reversing a reservation based solely on the guest’s word. Since it was quite late and I was scheduled to be in to the office in just a few hours I feel it was not unreasonable to ask you to wait a short time for it to be sorted out. Please be aware that the desk staff is there to assist you at all times. If you found something in your room to be subpar we would have gladly moved you to another room, especially since the second room reserved for you was immediately next to yours and vacant. If that would not have been convenient we would have happily brought new linens to you or done anything else necessary to make you comfortable. As for how we came to be awarded a Trip Advisor certificate of excellence, I will leave that for our other reviews to answer. Of 312 reviews 230 are marked as “very good” or “excellent.” I will admit that yours is not the only negative review listed, but we are quite proud of the service we provide. While no establishment, like no person, is perfect we are committed to doing everything within our power to provide our guests with comfortable, enjoyable stays at a good value. Once again, I apologize that your stay with us did not reflect that commitment and I wish you and your family all the best.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

This hotel was a good value. Nice clean rooms with plenty of space! Enjoyed the lobby to gather as a team and visit. The staff was great and very accommodating with our cookout. The boys really enjoyed the pool which was clean.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you and your team enjoyed your weekend with us. We wish you all the best as you continue to compete throughout this hockey season.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

My son and I recently stayed at the Baymont Inn. It was very nice. The staff allowed us to have a team dinner and the parents were able to relax in the lobby that evening to watch the Tigers.
Our room was clean, the pool was great for the boys to enjoy, and I had a great night's sleep in an extremely comfortable bed!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
PortHuronManager, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Port Huron, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Thank you for your review, I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate you choosing the Baymont Port Huron to meet your lodging needs and we hope to see you again in the future.
Best regards,