“Excellent value” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Portage
Bergen County, NJ
“Excellent value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Just a beautiful hotel with great staff. Amenities were all top notch and free wireless. Food was really delicious at the bistro. The oatmeal was perfect and salads were tasty. Even when it got really busy the staff kept their smile and cool. Best hotel in the area.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I loved this hotel. Its brand spanking new and the staff is phenomenal...courteous and very client driven. The rooms are spacious, gorgeous, clean and beautifully decorated. The bathroom was like a spa. The gym had new state of the art equipment and had a view to the back courtyard which has a fire pit. It was nice to have a view instead of a wall while I worked out. While there is no restaurant onsite other than the courtyard bistro cafe the hotel is close off the main street with plenty of options. I was working late both nights so I ate at the bistro cafe in yhe lobby which was very tasty. The employee who made my food both nights made an incredible burger and chicken sandwich. Even with his injured hand he was fast and delivered my tasty food to my table. Free parking and free wireless in the room was nice perk too. I would definitely stay here again in a heartbeat for business and with my family.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Michelle J
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed four nights at the Marriott Courtyard in Kalamazoo and they certainly employ the "Wow Factor." The room was clean and modern. The hotel even has a bistro near the lobby with Starbucks and breakfast snacks in the morning and food in the evening.

The moment you walk into this hotel, you feel like you are welcome and appreciated. Brandi checked me in and explained all the features of the hotel. Every time I saw a housekeeper she would wish me a great day and thank me for staying at the Courtyard. When I was checking out, a housekeeper asked, "Where are you going? We're going to miss you. You please come back and see us again!"

Each time I left the hotel, the personnel at he front desk wished me a great day and always welcomed me back when I returned. The room was very functional: great desk, comfortable bed, huge shower, and a four-cup coffee maker along with a small refrigerator.

I travel quite a bit and the people at this property were extraordinary - all of them. And the hotel was right off a main avenue with restaurants, Meijers, and other easy access places for food, or to stock up on a few groceries. The parking lot was well-lit and the luggage carts were the best I ever had. They even had small hooks in case you are bringing a few grocery bags with you. I will stay here again. Also a nice pool, spa, and workout room.

Room Tip: Rooms directly above the lobby are a little larger. I had a king room and these larger rooms may be...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

This is a great new option. Used to be that if you wanted something nice in the center of things that the Radisson downtown was your only choice -- and that's a hike from the highway. This location is perfect. There are quite a few restaurants/stores in walking distance, but it's also right on the highway.

Our room faced the highway but we had no trouble with noise.

The room was comfortable. As the hotel is brand new everything is clean and fresh. Shower power was great. Only negatives were pillows were too big/high, and twice during our stay the water was too soft. The water in the area is very hard, and all homes use water softeners. My hunch is that they went a little heavy on the salt, but it didn't last long.

The lobby was great. Had a really congenial atmosphere. Had to pay for breakfast but the options were good and the food carefully prepared & served.

Staff was friendly and competent. They had scrapers ready for guest use the morning after an unexpected snow. That's a nice, thoughtful touch.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I watched this hotel being built and was excited to finally have the opportunity to stay here. Spacious rooms, great modern décor, welcoming lobby and nice staff. Love the bathrooms...the shower is amazing...the towels are large and soft...and the products are Paul Mitchell. Would definitely recommend this property.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
Hendersonville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

It's my first time at this property. I stay at Courtyards most of the time and as s Lifetime Platinum Elite that's a lot. So I have a pretty good sense of what to expect. This property is a great on. New building. Friendly staff. Comfortable rooms. Premium internet. Large work out room (not common in Courtyard). I will definitely return.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Nashua, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here recently for business and was pleasantly surprised by how new and modern the hotel was. The rooms were well appointed and the heating and cooling was very responsive. I was able to use the fitness center which was small but acceptable for my needs. There was also a pool and jacuzzi which I didn't use but looked nice. I had dinner and breakfast at the hotel which were quite tasty and the staff was very friendly. Overall this was a great hotel and I would highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portage
Homewood Suites by Hilton Kalamazoo Portage
Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kalamazoo
Hampton Inn Kalamazoo
Hampton Inn Kalamazoo
#3 of 31 in Kalamazoo
Hampton Inn & Suites Kalamazoo - Oshtemo
Residence Inn Kalamazoo East

Been to Courtyard Kalamazoo Portage? Share your experiences!