Courtyard Kalamazoo Portage
Econo Lodge(Kalamazoo)
US$60
US$54
EconoLodge
Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo(Kalamazoo)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$139
All reviewshuge showernewer propertybusiness travelroom was cleanpull out sofain great shaperestaurants and shoppingqueen suitebeautiful hoteloutdoor fire pitfitness centergreat roomwestern michigan universitywould stay here againgreat place to staylobbymarriott
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and i checked in late due to hold up at canada boarder we kept the staff posted on our late arrival and they were so nice about everything. Upon driving up to this hotel I just adored the beauty of the outside but there was ALOT of traffic outside so I was a little concerned. We walked in the door and was greeted so pleasantly by Tyler and ashley, and we were in awe of how beautiful it was inside very modern. However it was like a huge party going on, really busy inside from family reunion crowds. We checked in and they gave us an emaculant room over viewing a fantastic wooded area, and outside sitting area. an hour or so after checking in the real party started with extreme loud music in the sitting area right under our room. We called the front desk, ashley was so apologetic and said she'd have them turn the music down, but they never did. The music ran us away. We checked out and realized there were several others checking out as well.

I am a Gospel recording artist and an Evangelist and I'd just come from a week long revival and concert so I was beyond tired and just wanted a few days of rest and relaxation. I normally like a cozy quiet place to stay so I can rest.

This was my first stay at this hotel and although it wasn't a 5 star experience I do think I may give them another try when it's less busy, if there is such a thing there. Although i didnt have a good stay Tyler and Ashley were great and the company is lucky to have them on board.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Kalamazoo Portage, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Evangelist Val T,

Thank you for your review of the Courtyard Kalamazoo Portage. We appreciate your kind words about our staff and hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the look and feel of our hotel. I want to apologize for the issues you experienced with the noise of other guests. I want to assure you that we did address your concerns with the group you mentioned and they did turn down the volume, but unfortunately this was done after your departure. This is certainly not the norm for our hotel and I am sorry we were unable to exceed your expectations. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to make it up to you next time you are in the area.

Robert S.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights while visiting family that lives in the area.

We got the queen suite which was spacious and clean. The shower was hot with great water pressure and the beds were very comfortable.

The front desk staff were very friendly and when contacted for extra bath towels, were very quick to respond.

We would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank FSHR5
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

This was a very clean and updated hotel, we were pleasantly surprised. The staff was very friendly. We stayed and went to the casino witch is a very short drive to casino. They have a nice breakfast menu and dinning area . We will definitely be back

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2014

What a great place, and a step up in the choice of places to stop in the area. It's a touch out of the way, but at the same time, not far from anywhere.

Staff were welcoming, and the rooms are really nice.
Our 4 days here were very good... And there's a Tim Hortons nearby too... Result!!!

I'd happily stop here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank In_search_of_sleep
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Just a beautiful hotel with great staff. Amenities were all top notch and free wireless. Food was really delicious at the bistro. The oatmeal was perfect and salads were tasty. Even when it got really busy the staff kept their smile and cool. Best hotel in the area.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business