“Look no Further!”

Pitmilly West Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boarhills
Pitmilly West Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Boarhills B&B and Inns
Bridge of Weir, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Look no Further!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

My wife and I opted for the self catering facility at this well located B&B. St Andrews, Kings Barns, Cambo, Anstruther and Crail all within easy reach.

This is a quality establishment with many thoughtful touches designed to make your stay memorable. Freshly baked cake and home made bread laid out on the table, fresh flowers in the window and a small decanter of sherry in the bedroom all added to the feeling of luxury.

The fridge revealed more surprises with basic essentials such as milk and eggs provided.

The accommodation appears to have been converted from the house garage plus a bedroom. Neatly done and well fitted. The hosts were very helpful and clearly dedicated to being a star B&B! Breakfast in the main house is available and is well worth a try. We shall make use of this reasonably priced and quality facility again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Welcoming owners and spacious, beautiful place. Pretty single room overlooking tranquil garden. I would have liked heavier curtains as these were thin and gauzy, lovely but let in too much light for my taste. Luxurious ensuite with awesome Power Shower and every sumptuous comfort imaginable, all more than 1st class. Extensive breakfast choices, including a range of fresh fruits. Attentive and charming hosts. You'd have trouble trying to find a better b&b anywhere in the UK.

1 Thank Linda R
Sandhurst, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stayed in the single room which was very comfy and beautifully decorated with plenty of storage and personal use of big bathroom. The room has a tv and tea making facilities and also chocolates and a bit of cherry to drink which was a nice touch.
For breakfast there is a lot to choose from all made to order from cereal to fry up to salmon and scrambled egg(very tasty) and all the bread is home made and very tasty.
You are made to feel comfortable and at home and whenever you walk in the door there is an offer of tea and coffee with cake.
I had a great few days stay in a beautiful B and B with beautiful surroundings. The owners were lovely people and very accommodating. I'd highly recommend a stay here to anybody with great service and great value for money. I would definitely stay again.

1 Thank Alexpf
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

Anthea and Rod were the loveliest hosts one could wish for. Always ready after we had been out with a tray of hot drinks and yummy nibbles. Rooms were spacious and each had its own bathroom, all decorated and furnished like it was your own home. Plenty of toiletries were available if you had forgotten something and there were extra blankets and a hot water bottle for the cold blooded. A bowl of sweets and a sherry in the room were most welcome. Breakfast, where do I begin..... If you like it then it was on the menu, cerial, fried, fruit, yoghurt, toast, salmon, eggs of all description, home made breads, all served with a smile. Fantastic place to spend your time in St Andrews. Thank you both for making my trip memorable, I am recommending this B&B to everyone.

Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

We spent 3 wonderful days at Pitmilly West Lodge following a recommendation from another B&B in the area. I am so glad our usual St Andrew's B&B was full, as we would never have discovered Pitmilly.

We received a warm welcome and exceptional hospitality throughout our stay with Rod and Anthea. The rooms are clean, beautifully decorated and the bed was very comfortable - I had a fantastic night's sleep all 3 nights that we stayed. I loved the sherry and chocolates in the room - lovely touch. The breakfast each morning was fantastic, with a great range to chose from...and then a full Scottish breakfast!

As a former St Andrew's student, I know the town pretty well, but Rod and Anthea were happy to suggest places for us to go, restaurants for us to eat in etc. We were always offered tea, coffee and treats (including home-made cake!) on arrival back at the B&B, and this just added to the home-from-home feel.

We hope we will be able to come back soon, as we were very sad to leave!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

As a student, I'm usually at the less attractive places but I definitely won the lottery here! From picking me up at the train station on Sunday evening to supplying me with FANTASTIC breakfasts, bus schedules, soya milk and many cups of tea, Rod and Anthea made my stay wonderful. The en-suite single room was comfortable, clean and beautifully decorated, with a wonderful view of the garden. I was initially a bit concerned about ease of transport into St Andrew's, but the bus drivers will pick you up and drop you off right outside - fantastic! I hope next year's conference is held here, because I want to come back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Reading
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

We spent a couple of nights at Pitmilly West Lodge. Anthea and Rod welcomed us warmly and were very attentive to us, offering us helpful advice about the area, during our stay. The rooms were pretty and fresh, with everything we needed, the beds very comfortable. The B&B is a little way out of St Andrews (probably not so easy without transport) so was quiet and we enjoyed two great nights' sleep. Over the delicious, freshly cooked breakfast we met another couple who were repeat visitors to this beautiful area in general, and Pitmilly West in particular. We hope we'll be able to say the same in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Been to Pitmilly West Lodge? Share your experiences!