“Scottish hospitality at its best”

Pitmilly West Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boarhills
Pitmilly West Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Boarhills B&B and Inns
Oria, Italy
“Scottish hospitality at its best”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I'm not really quite keen to b&bing, I usually prefer big and luxury hotels. This because of my previous experience with b&bs. But. If you want to go around in the real Scotland, *this* is the place you want to go. It's pretty in the middle of anything but it is not a weak point. You can take all the time you need to relax: Anthea and Rod are absolutely nice people, it's absolutely like other posts say. They won't stop until you get satisfied. Let's talk about the room.
I was in a single room: what to say... delicious. Absolutely delicious. One thing left me without words: the cleanliness. It was a PERFECTLY clean room. The en-suite bathroom was very big, spacious and with a really nice power-shower (a little bit noisy, to say the thruth: when I take a shower I like to hear only the water, but it sounds like a vacuum-cleaner, but you know... 10 minutes for the shower...) and stunning color matching. From the window you can see the garden, which is one of the strong points out there... even if the sky is always grey (we are in the UK, indeed...) you can see the beautiful plants, trees and the very nice disposition. Believe me, it's something that you have to see. Even if it's quite far from everything you can reach on your feet, there is a bus every hour from and to the house, so if you make your plans correctly you won't find any problem. Just ask the bus driver to stop at Pitmilly.
And now... the breakfast. I will return here just for the breakfast. Freshly cooked by Anthea, you will find *everything*, from fresh local sausages to fresh fruit, home-made bread, tasty bacon and (again) home-made different kind of jams. I want to say a big THANK YOU to Anthea, very nice person.
Believe me: if you want to golf in St. Andrews or Kingsbarns, or just want to the see the beautiful Scotland, far (but not too much) from the caos of the cities, this is the only place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank concretetraveller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Troon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We had everything we needed and more. Use of main lounge was an added bonus. Breakfast cooked to order and was delicious. Liked the extra touch of disposable tumblers in protective tube in the bathroom for a drink of water. Trays of tea and coffee freshly made when we came in, in addition to tray with biscuits and sweets in the room.
Beds comfortable and rooms well equipped.
Very easy driving to St Andrews or Crail and Anstruther.
We will use this as a base again when we are in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed one night in the red room. Very large with king size bed. Shower small but adequate. The breakfast was cooked to order, with wonderful fresh fruit and cereal options. The cup of tea on arrival was very welcome.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My fiancé and I stayed here for 3 nights while planning our wedding in St Andrews. The red double room is so comfortable, spacious and well decorated. We had a really relaxing stay. The breakfast was also fantastic (I highly recommend the home made pancakes with bacon and maple syrup).
Bathroom was small but had everything you would want (including excellent power shower) and even spare toiletries.We will definitely recommend this place for anyone staying in the East Neuk.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kate B
Bridge of Weir, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My wife and I opted for the self catering facility at this well located B&B. St Andrews, Kings Barns, Cambo, Anstruther and Crail all within easy reach.

This is a quality establishment with many thoughtful touches designed to make your stay memorable. Freshly baked cake and home made bread laid out on the table, fresh flowers in the window and a small decanter of sherry in the bedroom all added to the feeling of luxury.

The fridge revealed more surprises with basic essentials such as milk and eggs provided.

The accommodation appears to have been converted from the house garage plus a bedroom. Neatly done and well fitted. The hosts were very helpful and clearly dedicated to being a star B&B! Breakfast in the main house is available and is well worth a try. We shall make use of this reasonably priced and quality facility again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Welcoming owners and spacious, beautiful place. Pretty single room overlooking tranquil garden. I would have liked heavier curtains as these were thin and gauzy, lovely but let in too much light for my taste. Luxurious ensuite with awesome Power Shower and every sumptuous comfort imaginable, all more than 1st class. Extensive breakfast choices, including a range of fresh fruits. Attentive and charming hosts. You'd have trouble trying to find a better b&b anywhere in the UK.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Linda R
Sandhurst, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stayed in the single room which was very comfy and beautifully decorated with plenty of storage and personal use of big bathroom. The room has a tv and tea making facilities and also chocolates and a bit of cherry to drink which was a nice touch.
For breakfast there is a lot to choose from all made to order from cereal to fry up to salmon and scrambled egg(very tasty) and all the bread is home made and very tasty.
You are made to feel comfortable and at home and whenever you walk in the door there is an offer of tea and coffee with cake.
I had a great few days stay in a beautiful B and B with beautiful surroundings. The owners were lovely people and very accommodating. I'd highly recommend a stay here to anybody with great service and great value for money. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Alexpf

Been to Pitmilly West Lodge? Share your experiences!