“Taco Tuesday, simple but yummy!”

Rojo Mexican Bistro
Ranked #39 of 90 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$10 - US$45
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Rojo Mexican Bistro An exciting combination... contemporary flare with authentic flavor
Rochester, Michigan
“Taco Tuesday, simple but yummy!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I've only ever dined here on a Tuesday so I've only ever ordered the $1 tacos, which consists of beef or chicken, lettuce, tomato, and cheese. Sounds simple because it is, but they taste great. Add a little bit of salsa and they are perfect! I've invited extended family along on many occasions and have found that feeding a family of 8 for under $30 including tip is the way to go! All of my experiences here have included super friendly wait staff. I highly recommend Rojo Mexican Bistro and can't wait til next Tuesday for some more!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Laura L

Rochester, Michigan
“Taco Tuesdays and half-off late night weekends”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Basically a regular here. Tuesdays have great taco specials and $2 Coronas. Friday and Saturday nights have half off your entire bill after 10PM. I believe there is a good special on appetizers on one of the specific weekdays as well. We go here all the time because of these great deals. They always allow me to swap out the meat for black beans, for a great vegetarian option. The ambiance and decor is fantastic. Live music on weekends as well. Love this place!

• Visited November 2013
Rochester, Michigan
“Tuesday Taco's and Tequila”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We continue to make our visit each Tuesday to enjoy a selection of tacos ranging in price $1-$4. The chorizo tacos are very good as are the chicken, shrimp and also steak. Even though these tacos are on special, they accommodate our requested to change items on them. Shots of 1800 Tequila for $2 and $2 Coronas are are great addition to our meal.

On other nights, we've enjoyed the Table-side prepared guacamole, fajitas, tamales and enchiladas. Service had always been great... Hosts, servers, bussers and mgrs.

Always a good time. Be prepared to wait On Friday, Saturday and Tuesday evenings but... They will take your cellphone number and call you when your table is ready.

• Visited October 2013
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Excellent food, good service, fairly priced.”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Friends took me to this restaurant for my birthday. We were delighted with the guacamole prepared right at the table (somewhat pricey at $9). Our food was served speedily. My husband had chicken enchiladas, and I had steak and chicken fajitas. We had very adequate servings (I took some of mine home), but the plates were not overloaded as I have found in some Mexican eateries. My only knock was the ice tea. It tasted like Lipton or a similar bland brand. They made sure that we were resupplied, but the quality could be better.
Even better is this place is quiet and sophisticated. Several months ago, I reviewed the popular Sagebrush in Lake Orion, MI. That is a very crowed, noisy place that heaps standard Tex-Mex food on your plate. It was ok, but I do not like noisy places. In contrast, Rojo has no blaring music, has plenty of room to move through the establishment, and had a sophisticated décor. Nice contrast to Sagebrush. I'd go back to Rojo anytime but would rethink Sagebrush.
The bistro offers a long beer and wine list but we did not indulge, so I do not know how good the list is.
Warning: parking is tricky. The Bistro is located on a busy main street. There is street parking and some in lots across the street, but going a busy weekend night will be a bit tricky. We found side street parking a block and a half away.
The walk-in entrance requires no stairs, but to get to the restroom, I had to go up one stair. I did not see an alternative path that could be used by someone in a wheelchair or using a walker. I use a cane to walk, but could manage the stairs. The restrooms were very clean and presentable.
As a note to a very reviewers who thought it was overpriced. In comparison to other places of this type (i.e. served ethic food), I found it comparable. We did not have sticker shock. My only knock is the price of the guacamole. The price of that is about the show. It is very, very good but we would not order it for two people.

• Visited August 2013
chicago
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I was in town for a concert and we were walking around looking for a place we could have a drink. We sat at a table in the bar and had guacamole which was made fresh tableside. Our fishbowl margarita's were one of the best. All was going great until a couple sat next to us , IN THE BAR, with there bratty kid that would not behave and the parents sat there doing nothing just drink there beer. We did not order dinner because this kid was out of control. I will go back if im ever in the area again.

• Visited May 2013