“Great atmosphere, good service, ok food”

Rojo Mexican Bistro
Ranked #48 of 90 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$10 - US$45
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Rojo Mexican Bistro An exciting combination... contemporary flare with authentic flavor
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Great atmosphere, good service, ok food”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

When I say ok Mexican food, I have spent a lot of time in Mexico and places that serve Mexican food so I expect a lot. The location is great for downtown Rochester, I was very happy with our service and the decor was very good.

• Visited May 2014

Troy, Michigan
“Good Food, Poor Service”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

After hearing great recommendations, we visited Rojo for the first time on a Monday night. The food was as advertised, very good. My wife loved the pulled pork and bacon tacos. The beef enchiladas were also excellent, mixed with interesting spices that made them different from any other I've ever tasted. We made a reservation which was a wise move since wait time for walk-ins was over an hour (around 6:15 pm). The only problem was the service. Our waitress seemed very distracted and only going through the motions. We had to remind her on three occasions to bring previously requested items - water, sour cream, and more chips. She never apologized for forgetting, though did show up with the item after the second request.

Detroit, Michigan
“Eh Have had better”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Stopped in for a family meal before a concert. My husband and I had not been there before, but other family members had. Waitress seemed like she was having a bad day. No smile or talk other than telling us her name, and were we ready to order. Husbands food arrived cold. House Margarita's were bitter, minimal salt and not worth the time---should have refused them---and I love Margaritas. Chips and salsa were OK--Overall not a memorable experience--and like a previous reviewer, we will try the Partridge Creek location if we ever try this chain again.

Troy
“Fresh, Tasty and Large Portions at Rojo Mexican Bistro”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Laganiappe Night, a Christmas Event in Rochester MI is held the first Monday of December every year. We decided to give our cold winter event a warm tropical feel. The restaurant has an inviting, upscale atmosphere which is very inviting.

We started out with the fresh, table side prepared Guacamole. Delicious! They spice it to your tolerance level. The chips were hot and fresh. I tried the Chicken & Steak Fajitas that came to the table on an iron skillet, sizzling hot. Rice, Beans were side items. Burritos, Enchiladas and Tacos were also very good according to the others. The portions were large so you might want to consider sharing a dish.

Service is very attentive as they checked back often to see if we needed anything else. Alcoholic beverages are served.

Tips: Go on a Monday and purchase the loyalty dining card for only $10.00. Monday is buy one/get one night. We lucked out. 8) You also get perks throughout the year. Check it out!

Rochester, Michigan
“Taco Tuesday, simple but yummy!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I've only ever dined here on a Tuesday so I've only ever ordered the $1 tacos, which consists of beef or chicken, lettuce, tomato, and cheese. Sounds simple because it is, but they taste great. Add a little bit of salsa and they are perfect! I've invited extended family along on many occasions and have found that feeding a family of 8 for under $30 including tip is the way to go! All of my experiences here have included super friendly wait staff. I highly recommend Rojo Mexican Bistro and can't wait til next Tuesday for some more!

• Visited November 2013