“Variety and a super value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Grand Tavern

Grand Tavern
Ranked #14 of 90 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Clarkston, Michigan
“Variety and a super value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Have eaten here many times, just tried the short ribs, excellent. My go to is the chicken parm-always take half home, large portions. Spinach and artichoke appetizer is delicious, drinks are a good pour. Monday night is very busy but worth it---special prices at $6/8 what a bargain.

New waitress last week, but she was really trying so no big deal, I am sure we will see her again soon...I would recommend.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank ced48038

Detroit, Michigan
“First time visit will not be the last”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Went out to dinner with friends who love this place. I guess we thought it was just a bar from the name, but not at all.

We sat on the patio. 7pm on a Friday and no wait to get a table. Super nice server got our drinks right away and waited patiently while we chatted and looked at the menu. Lots of appetizers, excellent salad choices, nice burger menu, plenty of sandwiches, list of pasta dishes and other entrees. Anyone could find a dish they liked. Drinks were great, but the Bloody Mary had one spice I couldn't identify and wasn't my favorite.

Hubby had the fish and chips and it was truly amazing. Perfect mix of batter on the fish. It was Friday and apparently it's all you can eat, but all you can eat really comes on one plate. Seasoned fries and awesome coleslaw. I ordered the nacho and it almost funny it was so big. They brought it on a plate the size of a serving tray. Crispy chips, meat, beans, veggies with a ton of cheese and on the side was a good spicy salsa and sour cream. I have no idea why we were surprised because we saw a lot of dishes go by and the portions were all huge.

Since nobody was waiting for a patio table we had coffee and one more drink. Bill for 4 of us with drink and tips was about $100. I know my fish was $11 and nachos were $8. Appears they have some good specials on prices during the week with their regular menu, but really these prices were so reasonable to begin with.

We will definitely go back. Also was nice that manager, server and hostess all said goodnight as we left. I am glad we were outside, because it was busier and louder inside and we wanted to talk. Bar and inside were very busy.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank debntodd
Auburn Hills, Michigan
“Don't eat turkey burger”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

First I was served the wrong food. ( should have kept it). Then I finally received the correct order - what a mess. The turkey burger has teriyaki sauce everywhere. Even on my chips. It had a bad taste- I couldn't eat it.

• Visited February 2014
Detroit, Michigan
“Beware”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

I have eaten here several times. Some items are good, yet some are very disappointing. The Nacho special is mostly chips. I have had 2 bad experiences. One was a take out order (work in the area), where they failed to pack silverware. The other was when I found hair in my food. Both times I lodged a complaint with the manager, who did not care and did nothing the remedy the situation. He was actually quite nasty with both events. Needless to say I not only no longer patronize the establishment I informed many of the co-workers of my experience. I was informed of their misfortunes with the establishment too. I noticed that very few co-workers eat there anymore.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank k s
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“A ton of food for a great price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Each day they have a new special which is attractive to a family of five. We always get the nachos (always more than enough for 2). We also have been here when they have there Sunday Pasta Bar (all you can eat). This deal is well worth the piping hot pasta with yourchoice of meats, sauces and pasta. And on top of it all the fruit you can eat. All the other food we have tried has been pretty good. On Wednesdays they have $3 off the ROK. Cook your steak on a hot rock right at your own table. Plus they have a Flat Screen everywhere you look.

• Visited August 2013