“Pretty standard”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
“Pretty standard”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Nice facility. Clean, standard bar food, non microbrew beer selection. Good lave to watch a sports game

Oxford, Michigan
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Always enjoy stopping in for Lunch at the Grand Tavern...can't beat the food and service. They offer a great menu of items and the daily $8 menu for Lunch you can't go wrong. The Pulled Pork Sandwich, Tuna Sandwich, Cod-Father, and the list keeps going. Stop in and give this one a try. And don't worry if there is a Game on TV, you won't miss it at this location; there are move than enough TV's on the wall to catch the game!

Visited June 2014
Clarkston, Michigan
“Variety and a super value!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Have eaten here many times, just tried the short ribs, excellent. My go to is the chicken parm-always take half home, large portions. Spinach and artichoke appetizer is delicious, drinks are a good pour. Monday night is very busy but worth it---special prices at $6/8 what a bargain.

New waitress last week, but she was really trying so no big deal, I am sure we will see her again soon...I would recommend.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank ced48038
Detroit, Michigan
“First time visit will not be the last”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Went out to dinner with friends who love this place. I guess we thought it was just a bar from the name, but not at all.

We sat on the patio. 7pm on a Friday and no wait to get a table. Super nice server got our drinks right away and waited patiently while we chatted and looked at the menu. Lots of appetizers, excellent salad choices, nice burger menu, plenty of sandwiches, list of pasta dishes and other entrees. Anyone could find a dish they liked. Drinks were great, but the Bloody Mary had one spice I couldn't identify and wasn't my favorite.

Hubby had the fish and chips and it was truly amazing. Perfect mix of batter on the fish. It was Friday and apparently it's all you can eat, but all you can eat really comes on one plate. Seasoned fries and awesome coleslaw. I ordered the nacho and it almost funny it was so big. They brought it on a plate the size of a serving tray. Crispy chips, meat, beans, veggies with a ton of cheese and on the side was a good spicy salsa and sour cream. I have no idea why we were surprised because we saw a lot of dishes go by and the portions were all huge.

Since nobody was waiting for a patio table we had coffee and one more drink. Bill for 4 of us with drink and tips was about $100. I know my fish was $11 and nachos were $8. Appears they have some good specials on prices during the week with their regular menu, but really these prices were so reasonable to begin with.

We will definitely go back. Also was nice that manager, server and hostess all said goodnight as we left. I am glad we were outside, because it was busier and louder inside and we wanted to talk. Bar and inside were very busy.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank debntodd
Auburn Hills, Michigan
“Don't eat turkey burger”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

First I was served the wrong food. ( should have kept it). Then I finally received the correct order - what a mess. The turkey burger has teriyaki sauce everywhere. Even on my chips. It had a bad taste- I couldn't eat it.

• Visited February 2014