See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I cannot wait be recommend The Carriage House to friends, family, and co-workers! We had an amazing experience from start to fin. Don was an excellent host, showing us around the property; and making us feel home away from home.

We stayed in the Pearl Suite - beautiful with a full kitchen, bathroom, and living space to relax and enjoy a perfect evening.

Driving into Rochester, I was unfortunate enough to get a flat tire. I want to complement the staff for going above and beyond. In the morning, they were kind enough to take my spare tire up to a local service center to get checked and pressurized before coming back to change my tire. The icing on the cake to a beautiful weekend and an absolutely wonderful stay!

Looking forward to our next visit....

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PLEE_13
Reviewed 21 February 2013

We were looking for a pleasant alternative to the two other places to stay in town and we were so happy with our choice. We were warmly welcomed by Don's brother Paul, who gave us a tour of the lovingly decorated house. We stayed in the Tiffany room that had its own private bathroom. The was room so sunny and cheery on a February morning thanks to the lovely skylights and windows. The continental breakfast (coffee, tea, English muffins, cereal) was perfect with plenty of fresh fruit, yogurt and biscotti on hand for a little snack. We heartily recommend The Carriage House for a romantic get away and a more personable and less expensive alternative to the grand hotel in town.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ABroad1
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We had a great time at the B&B. The owner has done a fantastic job refurbishing the house and it is beautiful. There are not too many options for staying downtown and this place covers a prticular niche. We wish the owner well and success. He has done a great job and we highly recommend him. It will be great to go again when it is warmer and use the pool, the outdoor game area, and we would love to rent some bicycles. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MathGeek59
Reviewed 17 October 2012

The owner's personal touch and passion for this home and the history it holds made this 2 night stay amazing! I would stay here again - felt like I was hours away from home on vacation when really only about 15 miles from my home. Want to come back in the summer when we can enjoy more of the grounds and outdoor spaces Don has created for his guests. Not to mention the high quality of the snacks and food available. WOW! This place is the best! What a surprise for our anniversary! The giant jetted tub was so relaxing!

Room Tip: Try to get the giant apartment room - If that is too pricey or not available - get the one with the jetted tub at top of the stairs!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stephanie L
Reviewed 2 October 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Rochester Carriage House for a quick getaway for our anniversary and didn’t want to leave. The B&B is beautiful. We were very impressed with the cleanliness and cozy feeling. Don and his brother were just the most gracious hosts. I felt like I was staying with family. They were very accommodating and went above and beyond to ensure that our stay was memorable. They were very knowledgeable of the area and all that it had to offer. The service during breakfast was exceptional and the food was AMAZING! I would definitely recommend this bed and breakfast for anyone looking for a nice quaint get away.

Room Tip: The suite felt just like home.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PAT-Travel06
Donald J, Owner at The Rochester Carriage House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Thank you for the kind words, it was a pleasure having you. Hopefully you can make it down here with the kids. Go Blue :)