“Nice, but...”

and 1 more site!
The Rochester Carriage House B&B
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My room (Tiffany Room) was beautiful as was the interior of the home however, to take a shower, you have to step down and stand in this huge jacuzzi tub which was very awkward. Don the proprietor was very friendly. The exterior of the property needed maintance and was overgrown. In fact, the bricks on the front steps are loose and pose a trip hazard. The "breakfast" consisted of a communal pantry with coffee maker and a dorm fridge for juice, yogurt and frozen breakfast items that could be toasted. There was no hot breakfast offered. I would have expected more for the $176/night price. I had pictures taken and appreciated the use of the property but for a little bit more, you could stay at the Royal Park Hotel in Rochester.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Katherine S
Donald J, Owner at The Rochester Carriage House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

We appreciate Katherine's response. The shower in the Tiffany room is awkward to enter and exit as it is located within the large Jacuzzi tub. We are planning for a separate shower in that room. The reason for the over growth in our natural setting was due to many inches of rain just prior to arrival. As for the bricks on the front porch, that part of the home was built in 1849 and items are always in need of repair. The bricks have since been fixed. On our web site we state we provide a continental breakfast and a full breakfast for an additional cost. (Royal Park does not include any breakfast) It is always the customer’s choice on where to stay. Our customers find our home a change of pace from the elevators, stairs, and valet parking of a conventional hotel.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

I would highly recommend the Rochester Carriage House B&B to anyone that's looking for a nice, safe, serene, passionate and friendly environment to just get away. Don, the proprietor of the property, possesses the type of excitement and passion necessary to make customers feel welcomed and cared for. My wife and I will definitely return for another stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DavidS445_13
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I Can't wait to stay again, I have had two Parties at this Bed and breakfast and it was so wonderful! Don and Nancy are both so welcoming and amazing and the estate is so amazing!! The service was amazing, It was so clean and everyone was so friendly I tell everyone I know about this place! I really can;t say I have ever stayed in better! This is a must see must experience for yourself kind of place to say the very Least I WILL BE BACK!! <3

Room Tip: We stayed in the Pearl Suite - beautiful with a full kitchen, bathroom, and living space to relax an...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I was treated to a warm and friendly welcome when I arrived in the early evening. The Carriage House was absolutely beautiful! The decor was lovely, inviting and comfortable. It was extremely clean. My room was quiet and peaceful with sliding doors to let in the evening spring breeze! Don was very hospitable and helpful. It was a treat to stay at the Carriage House and I highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Susan V
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Had a small wedding at RCH. Everything was absolutely wonderful. The owner, Don is a wonderful host and very helpful. All of my guests loved the venue and the relaxed and intimate feel. I highly recommend RCH.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bddevine
Donald J, Owner at The Rochester Carriage House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Thank you for the kind words.
I wish you and Eddie the best in your new life :)

Reviewed 17 March 2013

I cannot wait be recommend The Carriage House to friends, family, and co-workers! We had an amazing experience from start to fin. Don was an excellent host, showing us around the property; and making us feel home away from home.

We stayed in the Pearl Suite - beautiful with a full kitchen, bathroom, and living space to relax and enjoy a perfect evening.

Driving into Rochester, I was unfortunate enough to get a flat tire. I want to complement the staff for going above and beyond. In the morning, they were kind enough to take my spare tire up to a local service center to get checked and pressurized before coming back to change my tire. The icing on the cake to a beautiful weekend and an absolutely wonderful stay!

Looking forward to our next visit....

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PLEE_13
Reviewed 21 February 2013

We were looking for a pleasant alternative to the two other places to stay in town and we were so happy with our choice. We were warmly welcomed by Don's brother Paul, who gave us a tour of the lovingly decorated house. We stayed in the Tiffany room that had its own private bathroom. The was room so sunny and cheery on a February morning thanks to the lovely skylights and windows. The continental breakfast (coffee, tea, English muffins, cereal) was perfect with plenty of fresh fruit, yogurt and biscotti on hand for a little snack. We heartily recommend The Carriage House for a romantic get away and a more personable and less expensive alternative to the grand hotel in town.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ABroad1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
Royal Park Hotel
Royal Park Hotel
#1 of 3 in Rochester
Concorde Inn Rochester Hills
Concorde Inn Rochester Hills
#2 of 4 in Rochester Hills
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Detroit North-Rochester Hills
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Det...
#1 of 4 in Rochester Hills
Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
#5 of 18 in Auburn Hills
Sonesta ES Suites Auburn Hills
Sonesta ES Suites Auburn Hills
#4 of 18 in Auburn Hills

Been to The Rochester Carriage House B&B? Share your experiences!