See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We were fortunate to find such a lovely place to stay for an overnight trip to Rochester for a burial. The unique venue was impeccably designed and decorated, immaculately clean, conveniently located, comfortable and relaxing. We appreciated the late checkout and the recommendation to the Meeting House for dinner. The B & B was also very economical booking via Hotels.com. Thumbs up.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and I enjoyed the hospitality of the Rochester Carriage at the end of July 2014. We stayed in the Rochester Suite at a separate location on Third street, a couple blocks off Main St. downtown. Great location for visiting the many shops and restaurants in downtown Rochester.

Comfortable king bed, skylights over bed, large two person shower, separate sitting room/kitchen area, fully furnished pantry and fridge highlight the space.

Have visited many B&B's and this experience ranks in our top 10% of stays. I believe it is underpriced and a great value.

Room Tip: Great value for a couple get away.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jake S
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I spent a very pleasant weekend staying at Don and Nancy's B&B in June 2014. Their place is a charming old house (apparently the oldest house in Rochester) that they've renovated beautifully. There's a light-filled sunroom and a cute backyard with a pool and hot tub (which unfortunately Don was painting while I was there, so no lounging by the pool for me), and a little pond. My room was the "Lexi", which is on the small side, but cute & comfortable. There are TVs all over the place, which was great for watching the World Cup, which had just started when I was there.

Don and Nancy were very welcoming, friendly, and helpful. They actually came into Detroit to pick me up and had their helper Mark drive me back to the Detroit airport at the end of my stay (there's an additional charge for this service but it's a deal compared to taxi or limo rates). I had one of those inevitable travel mishaps my first night--I lost a contact lens down the bathroom sink--and Don happily got out his tools and we were able to retrieve it from the trap.

The property is a 20-minute walk to the main street of downtown Rochester, along with a great creekside trail that you can use for walking, jogging, or using one of Don and Nancy's bikes.

If you're going to be in the area and are looking for something more personal, friendly, and unique, I highly recommend the Rochester Carriage House!

Room Tip: If you're solo or don't need a lot of space, the Lexi will work fine.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Andy_in_Oakland
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We had wonderful family party at the Rochester Carriage House B & B over the 4th of July weekend. Don and Nancy were amazingly accommodating, laid back and fun to work with through the entire planning process which took a few turns along the way, not to mention our many questions. It’s been two months since the event and our friends and family are still talking about it, always mentioning the lovely location. My husband and I stayed in the Filly’s Pearl Suite, which we highly recommend as it is well decorated spacious and very comfortable. Don, Nancy and Tiffany made us feel right at home during our stay. It was like the place was ours. We will definitely stay there again when we are back in town. Whether you are renting the property for a party or staying during a visit to Rochester, this place is a gem.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nocamping13
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My room (Tiffany Room) was beautiful as was the interior of the home however, to take a shower, you have to step down and stand in this huge jacuzzi tub which was very awkward. Don the proprietor was very friendly. The exterior of the property needed maintance and was overgrown. In fact, the bricks on the front steps are loose and pose a trip hazard. The "breakfast" consisted of a communal pantry with coffee maker and a dorm fridge for juice, yogurt and frozen breakfast items that could be toasted. There was no hot breakfast offered. I would have expected more for the $176/night price. I had pictures taken and appreciated the use of the property but for a little bit more, you could stay at the Royal Park Hotel in Rochester.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Katherine S
Donald J, Owner at The Rochester Carriage House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

We appreciate Katherine's response. The shower in the Tiffany room is awkward to enter and exit as it is located within the large Jacuzzi tub. We are planning for a separate shower in that room. The reason for the over growth in our natural setting was due to many inches of rain just prior to arrival. As for the bricks on the front porch, that part of the home was built in 1849 and items are always in need of repair. The bricks have since been fixed. On our web site we state we provide a continental breakfast and a full breakfast for an additional cost. (Royal Park does not include any breakfast) It is always the customer’s choice on where to stay. Our customers find our home a change of pace from the elevators, stairs, and valet parking of a conventional hotel.