“Good Menu, not so good prices”

Rochester Mills Beer Company
Ranked #6 of 90 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
United States
“Good Menu, not so good prices”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was my second time there. The food was really good the first time, but this last time, it was just average....I was the only one in my group that actually liked the food. What was a real turn-off was the horrible smell of garbage wafting out of the parking lot. Yes, it was a very warm day but after smelling that and then wanting to go eat....yuk....and no one was sitting outside on the patio, who would want to? The prices for both the food and drinks were steep.

• Visited July 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I thought this place to be just average. I tried a "red ale" that was compared to an English ale. I have traveled to England numerous times and what I was served was closer to a stout. Drinkable, but not what I expected (perhaps they poured the wrong brew?).

Food was average. I had a beer and cheddar soup that was very salty...a companion ordered the lobster mac and cheese...and found one piece of lobster. I order the fried calamari appetizer...I honestly thought it was mozzarella sticks at first taste.

The best thing I can say about this pub is that it was walking distance to my hotel.

• Visited July 2014
Brooklyn, New York
“Amazing beer selection and seafood in fun sporty environment.”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I dined at Rochester Mills Beer Company as part of a business meeting and the entire restaurant was closed for our event. From the high ceilings to beautiful industrial architecture down to the beer and food itself, everything was great. Servers passed delicious hors d'oeuvres (shrimp, beef puff pastries, etc) as well as a large selection or beers, ciders, and ale sampers - of which I definitely had a few. The dinner was a surf and turf option between filet mignon and lobster tails. I went for the lobster and it did not disappoint. I stole a bite of filet off of a co-worker's plate and it was delicious. The soup we originally ordered was actually very salty (I believe it was the clam chowder) but our server quickly brought us a different soup and salads as replacements upon our request. Other than this very superficial issue that was quickly resolved, there is nothing bad to say about this place.

The pool table and lounge chairs make for a great vibe.

All in all, this is a fantastic dining experience. Great for events and I'm sure also very fun when open to the general public. If you ever make it out to this neck of the woods in Michigan, I highly recommend you spend an evening here.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Henry C
Rochester, MI
“Great Beer Selection....food is ok!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Rochester Mills has been known for quite a few years for having a great beer selection. Noteably, the Rochester Red. It's the local brew that almost every bar and restaurant has on tap. Good to see local support. Other good brews include the Milkshake Stout, Cornerstone IPA, The food and service is hit and miss. The food has always been good but when they are really busy, the food and service seems to suffer. I like their Beer Cheese Soup and the Mill Cheeseburger. When the warmer weather moves in, its nice to sit on the patio and enjoy the atmosphere.

• Visited April 2014
Northville, Michigan
“Typical brew pub although larger than most”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Decent pub food and a good beer selection of the home brews and others. We had a good set of appetizers that were part of happy hour. All good.

As the place filled up it got quite loud but that was fine. Everyone was having a good time as were we. Our service was really good - attentive and friendly.

Visited May 2014