“Lots of Choices”

Sweet Island Yogurt
Ranked #6 of 10 Dessert in Rochester
Reviewed 5 March 2014

There are so many choices of both frozen yogurt and toppings in this shop - any topping you could want! If you are a topping lover, it could get a bit pricey since price is determined by weight. It seems each time I go in there is a new flavor of yogurt as well. You can eat there or you can take the treat to go! The store is very clean and every time I have been in, there has been a staff member cleaning tables or making sure that the topping area was clean and organized! A nice treat on a night downtown!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The name suggests it only sells yogurt, but there are two flavors of custard offered. Several kinds of add ons from fruit, sauces, etc. Walls are painted in mural. Eat in or take out.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Not sure I like the concept yet of self serving and weighing my treat. My companion had very little soft custard but by the time she put on fruit and toppings, it cost her a fortune. I wonder about the cleanliness and purity of ingredients with all those people helping themselves.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

One of those do-it-yourself, pay-by-weight frozen yogurt places with yummy toppings and several flavors of yogurt. What makes this place unique is that you can also help yourself to frozen custard if you like, and it was good. A casual place, but they have put time into the decor to carry out the island theme. Fun!

Reviewed 11 July 2013

This past year we enjoyed going on Friday nights when there was a magician walking around and doing tricks for different tables. Our kids loved it. It's a bit pricey - after our first visit, we learned to seriously scale back when filling our cups.