“Beautiful Hotel in downtown Rochester!”
Review of Royal Park Hotel

Royal Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rochester
Green Oak Township
“Beautiful Hotel in downtown Rochester!”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We recently stayed at the Royal Park Hotel in downtown Rochester for a work-related conference and was EXTREMELY impressed!!!! It's a beautiful hotel with first-class accommodations, excellent food and perfect location. We walked downtown to all the shops (Main Street currently under construction, but still accessible and not a problem). We were in a standard room (very spacious with comfortable bed and quite) but they also have suites with separate living area with fireplace, french doors to master suite, kitchen area and heated floors in large bathroom. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to offer such wonderful words about our hotel. I will share these with the staff at our upcoming meeting. I know they will be pleased.Each of our staff members is so proud to be a part of the hotel.

We are quite fortunate to be part of the Rochester community with a vibrant downtown - even with the construction. Fortunately it will be over soon and all of the special events that occur downtown will be back on track.

We hope to see you back with us soon.

Best WIshes,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Harrison Twp, MI
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Friday night was in downtown Rochester for the 47th Art & Apples Festival. Spent the night at the Royal Park Hotel - second visit. Stayed in a Luxury King room - very nice. Asked for extra pillows and they were there. Very clean room. The bathroom is very spacious. Breaksfast at the Brookshire was excellent.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for the kind words that you offered regarding your visit to the hotel. We are so appreciative of this. I am glad that our staff was able to honor your requests.

We are very fortunate to have the Arts and Apples Festival in our town. It is a wonderful event drawing many people from many places.

We liiok forward to seeing you again.

Rochester Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I booked a room on a Saturday night to give my sister a break from some intense family obligations. I shared this with the staff when I requested a dvd player for the room so I could play some escapist funny dvd movies. Alas I was told their tvs were not dvd compatible but they did have pay per view. This didn't seem very customer sensitive to me for a hotel that presents itself as an upper echelon acccomodation and charges upper end rates in a limited market. But I gave them the chance. Too bad they didn't step up. On the plus side, the room was very nice, the robes were amazing and the dinner in the bar was very nice. Royal Park, you can do better. I bring out of town family in on a regular basis and would love to recommend you as my go to place.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 8 September 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words that you have shared about our hotel. We aer so pleased that you found the robes amazing and that our rooms and lounge meals were enjoyable.

It is unfortunate that our television system does not allow for dvd as that is one of the caveats with our pay-per-view provider. Nonetheless we are moving forward in 2013 to revise our television presentation with the goal of meeting your specific needs.

I hope to see you and your family in the near future.

LaSalle Ontario
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Our recent stay at the Royal Park was absolutely flawless. This is one of the finest hotels and stays that I have ever experienced. For a few dollars more than relatively generic hotels, you will receive so much more for your money. An stately and unique property with many ammenities, a lovely bar with fantastic entertainment, ( live Motown, R & B, and blues music ) first-rate food with impecable service served in classy dining areas, access to walking paths, and rooms as nice and well appointed as any hotel you are likely to stay in. We will definitely return!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank CanadianShane
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful words and kind comments you have mde about our hotel. I know our staff will be elated when I share them this week at our All Hands Meeting. We are so glad that you feel that the value was worthy of spending your time and your money with us. We know that there a lot of hotels that you could visit.

We are quite fortunate to be surrounded by trees, Paint Creek and the Paint Creek Trail which allow our guests wonderful access to nature during this beautiful time of the year.

We look forward to having you as our guest soon.

California
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We stayed at the Royal Park so that we would be in a conveniently located hotel to visit friends and family, and one that would be very comfortable. The rooms were very pretty, and the bathrooms were lovely and luxurious. The walk-in closet was a great room feature, as well as the room refrigerator (not the "honor bar", thank goodness) and in-room safe. Service from the bell staff and valets was also exceptional. The beds were comfortable, with great sheets. We did not like the down pillows as they were crunchy/crinkly (ie. very inexpensive feather pillows, with little down in them) and requested replacement with foam pillows, which they were happy to do. The terrace off our king room was enormous, with a pleasant view of the creek and many trees. The windows were very big, with windows that could be opened and blackout drapes. The servicing of the room was done very well, and on our schedule (we did not wake up until late morning each day). Breakfast downstairs wasn't ridiculously expensive, and the bar served delicious desserts, though the drinks weren't very exciting.

On to the few problems. (1) We had a problem with our shower not draining. We told the front desk staff a couple of times, and it was still not fixed. When I finally talked to the woman who was (I think) the customer relations manager, it was promptly taken care of, but I should not have had to ask more than once. (2) Also, several of our pillows were missing after a daily cleaning (we like to use a lot, and maybe we had too many?) and I had to keep asking for more towels (they would only give us enough for 2 each day, even though it was very clear that 4 of us were staying in the room). (3) It was very loud outside our room until 12:30PM on Saturday night. I realize that their main business is weddings, but trying to get the guests' kids to sleep has to be acknowledged, too. They were apologetic about the noise, but this should be noted by anyone in case they can give you a quieter room than we had (room 237).

And finally, just a few notes (in case someone from the hotel reads this): (1) It would be really nice to have more furniture out on the terrace, such as a small dining table and chairs, or at least a chaise lounge or two. It's certainly big enough. (2) Please tell your guests that there will be loud shouting and music until 12 or 1 AM on Saturdays. (3) Please tell your guests in advance (via email, since multiple confirmations are sent this way) that the main street into Rochester, Rochester Road, is completely torn up and has major (20 minutes+) traffic delays and it is difficult to get around town. (4) A pool would be a great addition to your hotel. It was really missed.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words that you offered to us regarding our hotel. It is appreciated. More important, though,we thank you for sharing your concerns. It is important for us to know how well we have done with every guest on every visit. I share every guest comment whether they are on-line such as TripAdvisor or all electronic responses with our staff so they are aware of what you are feeling while you are here. We ask our staff to be passionate and intuitive and to think like the guest - sharing comments helps achieve this objective.

I am disappointed that our team did not demonstrate the sense of urgency that we regularly practice. The drain issue should have been handled immediately for you. Anything less is unacceptable. I have also spoken to our Housekeeping leaders to insure the pillow and towel issues do not re-occur for future guests. Finally, it was a noisy weekend and our security team was quite active in speaking with guests about volume. We do appreciate your patience and understanding.

I do hope that you will have the opportunity to visit with us again and look forward to the opportunity to meet you personally.

Detroit, MI
Reviewed 29 July 2012

My fiancee and I stayed here for a wedding. The service was probably some of the best that I have experienced. Everyone I ran into was friendly and helpful. The hotel and grounds are beautiful and the location is great. The bed was one of the most comfortable that I have ever stayed in, I definitely did not feel like I was sleeping in a hotel. The only drawbacks, as someone mentioned, are that there is not a coffee maker in the room, although the hotel did offer the delivery of a French press. I did not utilize option this as I didn't want to wake up at a certain time just to receive the coffee delivery. Also, my room was a corner room and was smaller than my parents and brother's room, although we paid the same rate. Finally, the comforter was damp when we arrived, I didn't complain however, because I was pretty sure it was freshly laundered and that is why it was damp. Overall I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JessicaDetroit_MI
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Thank you for the wonderful comments that you have made about our hotel, its comfort and, of course, our staff. I will ceratinly pass on your words to all.

It is so important to us that every guest has an enjoyable experience whenever they visit with us. Every one of our team members is hired because they are passionate about guest service and they hope that you leave us with every intention of making a return visit.

I am sorry that you were not able to partake of our French press coffee. Our weekend coffee program is designed to insure that you receive a fresh pot of our popular, freshly ground coffee when you want it. It is important to me and our staff that you get the best coffee possible.

I do hope that you will visit with us again and look forward to meeting you in person.

Best Wishes.
Chelsea, Michigan
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I've stayed here 3 times for business and each time I don't want to leave my room because the accommodations are so nice! The front desk staff are a little stuffy by gracious and helpful. The biggest complaint I have is that there is no coffee maker in the room so you have to go downstairs to a common area and get the free coffee. I hate that!
I've eaten at the restaurant a couple times and also had room service. The food is really quite good. But room service was delayed and since it had my first morning coffee, that was a bummer! Beds are very comfy and the bath is spa-like, but somewhat dark. The room rates and restaurant prices are very reasonable. Next time, I hope to actually walk up town to Main Street, but this trip it was torn up for construction!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Thank you for the kind words you have given about our hotel. I know that our team will be so appreciative when I share them this week.

I apologize that our In Room Dining team was late with your morning coffee. I know how much that first cup means every day. We have chosen not to offer coffee machines in the room because we cannot get a top quality product to offer to our guests. We truly feel that our freshly made coffee from our dining room area is second to none. To offer anything else would be less than acceptable.

I am so glad that you enjoy the food that we serve and that you have had the opportunity to use our restaurants and In Room Dining. I too am awaiting the completion of construction in our little downtown area. Not only is it a joy for so many of our guests, our team loves to get away and visit the shops, restaurants and bars.

I look forward to seeing you soon. Please feel free to ask for me on your next visit.

Best Wishes,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
The Townsend Hotel
The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit
The Atheneum
The Atheneum
#15 of 33 in Detroit

Been to Royal Park Hotel? Share your experiences!