“Classy hotel close to restaurants”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Royal Park Hotel

Royal Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rochester
Fairfax, VA
“Classy hotel close to restaurants”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

The Royal Park was recommended to me by a colleague who lives in the area, mainly since it is walking distance to a cute main street with many restaurants and shops. We didn't end up eating at any of them, and the street has some construction going on right now, but did enjoy the hotel. It is not cookie-cutter, but has a lot of beautiful classic woodwork and a lovely atrium.

The bathroom was all marble, light grey. There was only a shower in the room, no tub. The bed was comfortable and the hotel quiet.

I did use the workout room, which had plenty up high-end equipment. There is no pool. Breakfast was fine, with good service. The buffet was a bit sparse, but meant for those in a hurry.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words about the hotel and the Rochester area. We are so fortunate to have such a wonderful Main Street area for our guests and look forward to the completion of its makeover for many years to come.

I do hope that we have an opportunity to meet when you visit the next time.

Best Wishes,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
washington dc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

We had the opportunity to stay at the Royal Park Hotel this past weekend for a wedding. It was immaculate in every aspect! Each and every person we came in contact with provided exceptional customer service.We had dinner there on Friday evening and the food was very good! The lounge was comfortable and each server we came in contact with, in both the restaurant and the bar, was pleasant and most efficient. Valet service was always quick. Our TV remote needed batteries and a new remote came immediately. I would recommend a stay there to anyone looking for a pristine and relaxing hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 3 October 2012
Thank you for the wonderful words you have offered regarding your visit to our hotel. I will share this with our entire team so they can see how important you felt every moment of guest contact was. I cannot emphasize enough how happy I am that our people were timely and exhibited a sense of urgency when you needed assistance. It is somethng we discuss daily.

As always, I am pleased that our food and service was enjoyable to you.

I do hope that you will visit us again. Please feel free to lookme up when you return.

Strathroy, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

Absolutely loved it. The hotel is clean and inviting, the staff friendly and professional and the room was beautiful and clean. My husband and I felt pampered. We had lunch in the lounge and the food was great. Service exceptional. Dinner was at the Hotels Brookshire Restaurant. Service, the food and the food presentation was all exceptional. A truly enjoyable experience all around. After dinner we had a drink in the lounge and enjoyed live entertainment consisting of a woman who had the voice of Whitney Houston along with a keyboard player. Complimentary French pressed coffee was delivered to our at the time of our choosing in the morning. We will be back.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bwCanada
We are so pleased that you experienced your best Michigan vacation ever while staying at our hotel. I know that our team will be elated with your comments about the visit.

I am so glad that you enjoyed the French Press coffee - it is a new program for us that we are quite high on and your comments only support this. I also know that our restaurant and lounge team will be pleased to see your food and service comments.

I hope to meet you the next time you are here. Please look me up.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at the Royal Park on several occasions. I travel often and I always look forward to my stay here because I know I will get great service, a comfortable bed, several amenities including an outstanding bar and restaurant.

You can walk to several great restaurants and bars in downtown Rochester as well.

• Stayed September 2012
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. In just a few sentences, you say what we truly believe to be the best of our hotel - great service, comfortable beds, outstanding bar and restaurant and several user friendly amenities.

I hope that we see you back soon. Please stop by to say hello to me when you return.

Green Oak Township
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

We recently stayed at the Royal Park Hotel in downtown Rochester for a work-related conference and was EXTREMELY impressed!!!! It's a beautiful hotel with first-class accommodations, excellent food and perfect location. We walked downtown to all the shops (Main Street currently under construction, but still accessible and not a problem). We were in a standard room (very spacious with comfortable bed and quite) but they also have suites with separate living area with fireplace, french doors to master suite, kitchen area and heated floors in large bathroom. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to offer such wonderful words about our hotel. I will share these with the staff at our upcoming meeting. I know they will be pleased.Each of our staff members is so proud to be a part of the hotel.

We are quite fortunate to be part of the Rochester community with a vibrant downtown - even with the construction. Fortunately it will be over soon and all of the special events that occur downtown will be back on track.

We hope to see you back with us soon.

Best WIshes,
Harrison Twp, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

Friday night was in downtown Rochester for the 47th Art & Apples Festival. Spent the night at the Royal Park Hotel - second visit. Stayed in a Luxury King room - very nice. Asked for extra pillows and they were there. Very clean room. The bathroom is very spacious. Breaksfast at the Brookshire was excellent.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for the kind words that you offered regarding your visit to the hotel. We are so appreciative of this. I am glad that our staff was able to honor your requests.

We are very fortunate to have the Arts and Apples Festival in our town. It is a wonderful event drawing many people from many places.

We liiok forward to seeing you again.

Rochester Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

I booked a room on a Saturday night to give my sister a break from some intense family obligations. I shared this with the staff when I requested a dvd player for the room so I could play some escapist funny dvd movies. Alas I was told their tvs were not dvd compatible but they did have pay per view. This didn't seem very customer sensitive to me for a hotel that presents itself as an upper echelon acccomodation and charges upper end rates in a limited market. But I gave them the chance. Too bad they didn't step up. On the plus side, the room was very nice, the robes were amazing and the dinner in the bar was very nice. Royal Park, you can do better. I bring out of town family in on a regular basis and would love to recommend you as my go to place.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 8 September 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words that you have shared about our hotel. We aer so pleased that you found the robes amazing and that our rooms and lounge meals were enjoyable.

It is unfortunate that our television system does not allow for dvd as that is one of the caveats with our pay-per-view provider. Nonetheless we are moving forward in 2013 to revise our television presentation with the goal of meeting your specific needs.

I hope to see you and your family in the near future.

Best Wishes,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
The Townsend Hotel
MotorCity Casino Hotel
MotorCity Casino Hotel
#11 of 33 in Detroit
Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills

Been to Royal Park Hotel? Share your experiences!