“Good hotel in nice setting and surrounding”
Review of Royal Park Hotel

Royal Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 27 October 2012

I stayed at this place for 3 days of business meetings without a single reason to complain. As other reviewers already mentioned, I was pleasantly surprised to find that hotel in that nice little town, so relatively close to Detroit. The Royal Park has a quite elegant setting, the room I was staying in was very nice, service good and to the point professional in all aspects. Food was great throughout all days. Various restaurants and a brewery in walking distance. Main Street Rochester had some major road construction going during my visit (no parking opportunities) but that was no problem when walking there from the Hotel

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Thank you for the kind words about our hotel and staff during your recent visit. It is nice to know that you enjoyed your time with us. I know our team will be pleased to hear your comments about the quality of our service and the quality of our food. They all take great pride in their work.

As I have said many times, we are so fortunate to be part of the Rochester community and to have such wonderful loca partners in restaurants, bars, shops and services that make our guests' visits even more enjoyable.

I hope we can meet the next time you are with us.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

An interesting independent, which is a downside if you ( or me) are points addicted! However i was pleasantly surprised by the quality construction, the very elegant feel of the place and the staff who clearly get that you hae other options!
Tucked away in an interesting suburban town north of the motor city, this place is very reminiscent of some of the good European independents, the owners are not cutting corners but instead investing in building a quality franchise on their own.

The walleye in the restaurant was absolutley delicious, carving the bill from wine and food was not an issue and the wait staff were happy to answer questions and to direct you to the chefs best dishes. There's a nice bar where you can eat as well.

Rooms are very comfortable, include some nice accessories like bathrobe and ingeneral make you feel you are in a top of the line marriott of Sheraton brand establishment. Like th Baronettte down in Novi, you are exposed to interesting dioscussions around the new Chrysler with its Italian and German corporate relationships driving the habitation of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

We are so appreciative of the kind and wonderful comments that you have made about our hotel. It is our goal to be the best in quality and service. We truly are building a long term business in our own way and do look for staff members that fit our own particular way of doing things.

I only wish that you had learned about our Stash Rewards Program, our points program for guests that operates much like the big brands do. The nice part about this program is that you get to stay in hotels like ours that are not coookie-cutter in design.

Please look me up the nect time that you are in twon to visit.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

The Royal Park was recommended to me by a colleague who lives in the area, mainly since it is walking distance to a cute main street with many restaurants and shops. We didn't end up eating at any of them, and the street has some construction going on right now, but did enjoy the hotel. It is not cookie-cutter, but has a lot of beautiful classic woodwork and a lovely atrium.

The bathroom was all marble, light grey. There was only a shower in the room, no tub. The bed was comfortable and the hotel quiet.

I did use the workout room, which had plenty up high-end equipment. There is no pool. Breakfast was fine, with good service. The buffet was a bit sparse, but meant for those in a hurry.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words about the hotel and the Rochester area. We are so fortunate to have such a wonderful Main Street area for our guests and look forward to the completion of its makeover for many years to come.

I do hope that we have an opportunity to meet when you visit the next time.

Reviewed 1 October 2012

We had the opportunity to stay at the Royal Park Hotel this past weekend for a wedding. It was immaculate in every aspect! Each and every person we came in contact with provided exceptional customer service.We had dinner there on Friday evening and the food was very good! The lounge was comfortable and each server we came in contact with, in both the restaurant and the bar, was pleasant and most efficient. Valet service was always quick. Our TV remote needed batteries and a new remote came immediately. I would recommend a stay there to anyone looking for a pristine and relaxing hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Thank you for the wonderful words you have offered regarding your visit to our hotel. I will share this with our entire team so they can see how important you felt every moment of guest contact was. I cannot emphasize enough how happy I am that our people were timely and exhibited a sense of urgency when you needed assistance. It is somethng we discuss daily.

As always, I am pleased that our food and service was enjoyable to you.

I do hope that you will visit us again. Please feel free to lookme up when you return.

Reviewed 1 October 2012

Absolutely loved it. The hotel is clean and inviting, the staff friendly and professional and the room was beautiful and clean. My husband and I felt pampered. We had lunch in the lounge and the food was great. Service exceptional. Dinner was at the Hotels Brookshire Restaurant. Service, the food and the food presentation was all exceptional. A truly enjoyable experience all around. After dinner we had a drink in the lounge and enjoyed live entertainment consisting of a woman who had the voice of Whitney Houston along with a keyboard player. Complimentary French pressed coffee was delivered to our at the time of our choosing in the morning. We will be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bwCanada

We are so pleased that you experienced your best Michigan vacation ever while staying at our hotel. I know that our team will be elated with your comments about the visit.

I am so glad that you enjoyed the French Press coffee - it is a new program for us that we are quite high on and your comments only support this. I also know that our restaurant and lounge team will be pleased to see your food and service comments.

I hope to meet you the next time you are here. Please look me up.

Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at the Royal Park on several occasions. I travel often and I always look forward to my stay here because I know I will get great service, a comfortable bed, several amenities including an outstanding bar and restaurant.

You can walk to several great restaurants and bars in downtown Rochester as well.

• Stayed: September 2012
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words. In just a few sentences, you say what we truly believe to be the best of our hotel - great service, comfortable beds, outstanding bar and restaurant and several user friendly amenities.

I hope that we see you back soon. Please stop by to say hello to me when you return.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

We recently stayed at the Royal Park Hotel in downtown Rochester for a work-related conference and was EXTREMELY impressed!!!! It's a beautiful hotel with first-class accommodations, excellent food and perfect location. We walked downtown to all the shops (Main Street currently under construction, but still accessible and not a problem). We were in a standard room (very spacious with comfortable bed and quite) but they also have suites with separate living area with fireplace, french doors to master suite, kitchen area and heated floors in large bathroom. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to offer such wonderful words about our hotel. I will share these with the staff at our upcoming meeting. I know they will be pleased.Each of our staff members is so proud to be a part of the hotel.

We are quite fortunate to be part of the Rochester community with a vibrant downtown - even with the construction. Fortunately it will be over soon and all of the special events that occur downtown will be back on track.

We hope to see you back with us soon.

Best WIshes,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
The Townsend Hotel
Greektown Casino Hotel
The Atheneum
The Atheneum
#16 of 33 in Detroit

Been to Royal Park Hotel? Share your experiences!