“Lovely location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rochester
West Islip, New York
“Lovely location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel because we were attending a wedding on site. Our room rate was 189. We could have gotten a cheaper rate in the area but did not want to drive after the wedding. We arrived on Friday before noon and were pleasantly surprised to find our king room ready. Our cousins were already at the hotel. They have some nice sitting areas, so we were able to visit there.
The quaint town is just two blocks away and easily accessible by foot. The hotel is adjacent to walking and biking paths along the banks of a fly fishing creek. A beautiful bridge sets the scene for a morning Yoga class (weekends only 10.00 charge). My husband took the yoga class Saturday morning. He liked it.
The service is excellent. All staff is pleasant and attentive. We had two minor issues with our room that were immediately resolved. Complimentary coffee in the library each morning is a nice quiet way to wake up.
We ate twice at the hotel and twice in town. The only disappointing point was the fish fry on Friday night. One piece of fish does not cut it for dinner. But for 10.00 what should we have expected?
The wedding was excellent. The food was good, the desserts were INSANE.
I doubt you will be disappointed in a stay at this hotel.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mlacoach
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and were able to take advantage of many of the opportunities here and in the area.

I am so glad that your minor issues were resolved immediately. I am quite proud of our team and know how hard they work to make every guest experience special. I will pass along your kind words to them at this week's All Hands Meeting.

While I am disappointed that the fish fry cone didn't meet your expectations I am so thrilled that you found our desserts INSANE. I love working here because I have to taste them almost every day. It is so much fun!

I do hope that you will have the opportunity to join us again. Please look me up.

Best Wishes,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

Access to downtown Rochester is nice, though the Starbucks has been replaced by a local coffee shop.

But with food and coffee and every amenity afforded guests at the hotel- there's no need to leave!

The restaurant serves terrific food.

The service is fine- seems a little under what it could be for a luxury hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Wolffgeo
We are so thrilled to hear you think the hotel is 'terrific'. With such a wonderful location and so many interesting things to do, we never want our guests to leave the hotel - ever. Even if it is to go to Starbuck's - which we miss too.

I will spend some time with our service team and share your thoughts with them. They will be interested in your comment and I am confident they will 'up their game' for your future visits.

I hope to meet you on your next visit.

Stuttgart, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

I stayed at the Royal Park Hotel to attend a conference for a week and enjoyed the spacious room, modern facility with a location close to Rochester town and possibility for extensive walks in the gardens around. Food and service was very good also. Good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind words about Royal Park Hotel and the Rochester area. We are quite fortunate to be within walking distance to this charming town.

I am so glad that your week with us was enjoyable and that our service and food quality were noted by you. I know that our team will be thrilled to see your comments.

I do hope to meet you on your next visit.

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

I have travelled extensively for both business and pleasure and this hotel is world class - who knew, especially at the reasonable price of a night's stay. I was here to present at a conference and arrived a day before the meeting to explore the area and settle in before the meeting. The room was more than spacious, the TV huge (perfect for the ballgame I was to view later), and the bathroom appointments were amazing - down to the natural stone, glass encased shower. the on site facilities were elegant and the property is alongside a creek with a beautiful pathway. While I was there, many things were in bloom. The staff eagerly provided me with everything I requested and even brought me fresh fruit both days of my stay. I look forward to another opportunity to stay here whenever my travels take me nearby.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor overlooking the creek and downtown Rochester - the view was phenomenal!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Grendyl
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us and for you, as an extensive traveler, to consider us to be world class is a compliment that will put smiles on all of our team members.

I am thrilled that our team was so accommodating and that they provided you with everything you requested. Your comments let me and the leadership team know that all of the team is doing their job to provide an exceptional guest experience for you.

I do hope that you have the opportunity to visit with us again. Please feel free to look me up when you are next here.

Snellville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

As a global traveler, I have the opportunity to stay at some of the best hotels in the world. I have to say that the Royal Park ranks as a top tier property. The service, accommodations and atmosphere were outstanding. If your travels take you to the Detroit area, I would highly recommend the Royal Park Hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
We are so grateful for your kind words about our hotel. As a global traveler we are sure that you get to see so many wonderful properties in fabulous location. We are thrilled that you rate us as a top tier property.

I know that our staff will be delighted with your comments and puff their chests out a little bit because of them.

I hope to see you when you next visit us.

Best WIshes,
Brighton, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

We attended a one day conference there and decided to stay the night before since we are not morning people. The hotel is about an hour from home and after viewing the website thought it was worth a shot to not have to drive there before the conference started. The conference made arrangements for discounted rooms (about $150 for a king) and we said, why not?
We arrived and were taken care of from the moment we opened the car door. Check-in was quick and the very polite young lady at the front desk welcomed us with open arms. A nice young man took our bags to the room and was very pleasant and said that he very much enjoyed working there. The room was beautiful! The bath is exceptional! The sheets were so soft and smooth, the bed one of the best we've slept in.
One small problem, the TV wouldn't work. I tried the normal buttons and couldn't get anywhere, so I called the front desk. They had to send someone to the room to "re-boot" the TV. Odd, but with the technology available today, I thought, OK. A gentleman came very quickly and made some attempts at getting the TV to re-boot, but no luck. He had to make a phone call to CA and it took five minute or so and a new signal was sent and all was well. Other than watching our normal shows and the news, I wish I had taken advantage of some of the features.
We had viewed the restaurant menus before we arrived and knew that Mile High Lemon Meringue Pie was a feature. We went down to the bar and were seated very quickly even though it was a Friday night. Theresa arrived and took great care of us even though it appeared that she was the only wait staff there. We knew we wanted pie and coffee and made our order and sat back and enjoyed the atmosphere. Theresa scurried around and took care of everybody with a smile on her face. The pie and coffee were served and it was EXCELLENT! Some of the best lemon meringue pie we ever had - good lemon flavor, nice crust and beautiful meringue. It ought to be good for $8 and $4 coffee, and it was.
The conference was catered by the hotel and all breaks and lunch were very tasty and a good variety. The staff made sure that everything was available and that dishes were taken away promptly, very professional.
All-in-all, we would stay there again should the occasion arise and we would go just for the pie, too.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2013
w! I don't even know where to start. I am just so glad that you enjoyed your visit and your meeting while you were here. Our team takes a great deal of pride in making every visit exceptional.

I am particularly pleased that you enjoyed the Lemon Meringue Pie. Our pastry team must have made that pie at least twenty times to get it right. And Chef and I had to eat it every time they made it until it was right. It is a tough job sometimes!

I am also pleased that the TV worked properly. I know how important this can be.

I do hope that you will visit with us again and please look me up.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

It was a joy to stay at this hotel. Wonderful, gracious staff, very helpful. Beautiful, large and comfortable room and bathroom. Very clean. Softest sheets you have ever slept in. Beautiful setting. Good food, excellent service.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 6213
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and our team. They will be so thrilled to hear these comments when I share them this week.

I know that our housekeeping team will be excited at your comments about the room and the soft sheets that just wrap around you. Our culinary and service teams will be overjoyed at your comments. They just love to hear good news!

I do hope that you will look me up on your next visit.

Best Wishes,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
The Townsend Hotel
The Atheneum
The Atheneum
#14 of 33 in Detroit
The Westin Southfield Detroit

Been to Royal Park Hotel? Share your experiences!