Royal Park Hotel
US$147
US$73
US$71
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdowntown rochesterpaint creekbeautiful hotelfrench press coffeewalk in closetchocolate covered strawberriesterrace roomlarge bathroomrooms are nicethe entire staffcommon areashotel restaurantking roomvalet parkingweddingluxuryrobes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel while traveling on business in June 2013. From check-in to check - out the service was fantastic. The rooms are charming. I was in an executive suite - the bathroom was larger than most hotel rooms. Kate in the restaurant and I had room service during my stay. The food was very good. I highly recommend this hotel for business travelers who want an alternative to the big name chain hotels.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TerrBerr1604
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Thank you for your kind words about Royal Park Hotel. I know that every one of our team members is delighted with your comments.

While I always send guest comments to our team, I have highlighted your guest room comments for our housekeeping team. They will be so excited about your thoughts on their rooms. And I know that our culinary team will be smiling from ear to ear about your food comment.

Thank you for visiting with us - I hope we have the chance to meet the next time you are here.

Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

In a nutshell..if you want quiet and a nap stay here,if you want fun stay elsewhere. Hard to believe a hotel of this standard does not have a pool. After 6 pm it's a snore house. Although we had a nice time with family and friends it seemed that this wedding factory was too intent on events than its guests staying on the property. The service was xcellent no doubt. The missing pool would take this hotel to the top of my list. I gues the thinking is that they don,t want people running around the property in bathing suits while there are weddings and birthday parties going on throughout the property. It's nice...but not that nice.

• Stayed: July 2013
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

We are so glad that you have taken the time to present us with your thoughts on your recent visit to our hotel. We agree, a pool would be fabulous, but at this time it is only a dream. I do hope that you found other wonderful things to do with us when you were here whether it be bocce, fly fishing, hiking or biking or any of the other activities that we offer. And a visit to our beautiful downtown is always a treat for our guests.

I am so appreciative that you felt our service was excellent - it is so important to us that every guest is treated well. I will pass this along to our team at this week's All Hands Meeting.

I hope that we can meet on your next visit.

Best WIshes,

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel because we were attending a wedding on site. Our room rate was 189. We could have gotten a cheaper rate in the area but did not want to drive after the wedding. We arrived on Friday before noon and were pleasantly surprised to find our king room ready. Our cousins were already at the hotel. They have some nice sitting areas, so we were able to visit there.
The quaint town is just two blocks away and easily accessible by foot. The hotel is adjacent to walking and biking paths along the banks of a fly fishing creek. A beautiful bridge sets the scene for a morning Yoga class (weekends only 10.00 charge). My husband took the yoga class Saturday morning. He liked it.
The service is excellent. All staff is pleasant and attentive. We had two minor issues with our room that were immediately resolved. Complimentary coffee in the library each morning is a nice quiet way to wake up.
We ate twice at the hotel and twice in town. The only disappointing point was the fish fry on Friday night. One piece of fish does not cut it for dinner. But for 10.00 what should we have expected?
The wedding was excellent. The food was good, the desserts were INSANE.
I doubt you will be disappointed in a stay at this hotel.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mlacoach

We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and were able to take advantage of many of the opportunities here and in the area.

I am so glad that your minor issues were resolved immediately. I am quite proud of our team and know how hard they work to make every guest experience special. I will pass along your kind words to them at this week's All Hands Meeting.

While I am disappointed that the fish fry cone didn't meet your expectations I am so thrilled that you found our desserts INSANE. I love working here because I have to taste them almost every day. It is so much fun!

I do hope that you will have the opportunity to join us again. Please look me up.

Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

Access to downtown Rochester is nice, though the Starbucks has been replaced by a local coffee shop.

But with food and coffee and every amenity afforded guests at the hotel- there's no need to leave!

The restaurant serves terrific food.

The service is fine- seems a little under what it could be for a luxury hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Wolffgeo

We are so thrilled to hear you think the hotel is 'terrific'. With such a wonderful location and so many interesting things to do, we never want our guests to leave the hotel - ever. Even if it is to go to Starbuck's - which we miss too.

I will spend some time with our service team and share your thoughts with them. They will be interested in your comment and I am confident they will 'up their game' for your future visits.

I hope to meet you on your next visit.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

I stayed at the Royal Park Hotel to attend a conference for a week and enjoyed the spacious room, modern facility with a location close to Rochester town and possibility for extensive walks in the gardens around. Food and service was very good also. Good place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind words about Royal Park Hotel and the Rochester area. We are quite fortunate to be within walking distance to this charming town.

I am so glad that your week with us was enjoyable and that our service and food quality were noted by you. I know that our team will be thrilled to see your comments.

I do hope to meet you on your next visit.