“Excited for my wedding here”
Review of Royal Park Hotel

Royal Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rochester
West Bloomfield Township, Michigan, United States
“Excited for my wedding here”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I really enjoyed my first stay at this hotel. I am getting married there in May 2014 so my fiancee and I spent a night here for my birthday. The room was beautiful, bed was very comfortable, bathroom and shower were top notch. Everything was perfectly clean.

Very excited to have my wedding here in the ballroom, and I know that our guests will be beyond satisfied with their weekend stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

All of the Royal Park family is delighted that you have selected us for this special occasion. We know how important this day is and we are thrilled that you have placed your trust in us to present a wonderful experience for you and your guests.

I am so glad that your first visit was wonderful. We look forward to many more visits.I know that I will see you soon.

Best Wishes,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sterling Heights
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I booked a room at the Royal Park Hotel for the night of our 20th Anniversary. The staff was very helpful with a couple special requests I had prior to arriving. First, they arranged in-room massages for us through a local establishment. Then they took a flower delivery I sent to the hotel and made sure the flowers made it to our room prior to our arrival.

Once we arrived, the lady at the front desk informed us that we had been upgraded to a suite. When we got up to the room, we were floored by how insanely beautiful it was! We were in the Brookside suite, and I can't say enough about this room...full kitchen with refrigerator, sink, cooktop, blender, dishes, silverware, and coffee maker. Gorgeous gas fireplace in the living area. Two bathrooms, one standard half-bath (but very spacious) and one giant bathroom with heated marble floors, enormous jacuzzi style bath tub with wall mounted LCD t.v., and a marble shower enclosure with three shower heads and a bench. The bedroom was also giant, and the king bed was ultra comfortable. Both the bedroom and the living room had a balcony overlooking the creek and a large LCD t.v..

We also had breakfast in the beautiful Brookshire restaurant. The service was excellent, the decor was amazing, and the food was perfection. My wife got the "New Yorker"... Sliced Smoked Salmon on New York Style Toasted Bagel, Sliced Tomato, Red Onion, Capers, Diced Cooked Egg (see picture). The presentation was perfect and the food was delicious. I ordered the "Chesapeake Eggs Benedict"....Jumbo Lump Crab Cake, Toasted English Muffin, Hollandaise Sauce, Rosemary Red Skin Potatoes. Again, everything about it was spot-on. The prices are a bit high for my everyday budget, but for a special treat the Brookshire fits the bill.

I can't recommend this hotel enough. Everything about it was fantastic.

Room Tip: The Brookside suite is great if you are willing to part with the money.
1 Thank Andrew M
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Congratulations on your 20th anniversary. We are delighted that you chose to spend this special day with Royal Park Hotel.

I am thrilled that our team was able to make your experience as wonderful as your words state. Our team takes great pride in making our guests' time with us as special as possible.

I have passed your special comments along to the Housekeeping and Culinary teams. Each of those departments loves to see positive guest comments and we tell them that your commetns are a testament to their hard work and commitment to our guests.

Please dont wait until your next anniversary to visit with us. And when you do, please feel free to look me up. I would enjoy meeting you.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 21 July 2013

The Royal Park hotel - well it has the word Royal in it, and it feels every bit Royal when you arrive here. Its a proper hotel, with a doorman opening the doors for you, a grand (but smallish) lobby & reception area with proper manicured staff welcoming you, fresh cold lemonade & cookies for you, a library room with a few good books in it, and grand hallways which are spick-and-span with carpeted floors & extremely expensive looking wall-papered walls.

The check-in was fast and smooth - I inquired about breakfast - there wasn't one included. I asked about the pool - there wasn't one on the property! There was a river flowing along the side though, which I did not come to know until the time i was checking out :(

The room was very very far from the lobby - it felt like I walked for the longest time before I reached my room. But once I entered it, I felt it was worth the walk. There was a huge king bed in it, with a large-screen TV. There was a desk & chair on one side, which did make the room feel congested. The closet had a lot of amenities, like extra pillows & blankets, 2 over-sized bathrobes, slippers etc.

The bathroom felt lavish - it had marble all over, with a lot of high quality amenities, and lots of towels of all sizes. There was no tub, but a stand-in shower stall - however, even that had marble in it. The water pressure in the shower was however disappointing.

A few things that were a miss with this hotel - there was no coffee machine in the room - that's very strange for a 4 star hotel. The room did feel congested on one side, near the window. There was no easy access to the view from the room, and there wasn't much of a view anyways. Also, the sofa in my room definitely had bugs - I sat in the sofa for some time reading the paper, and my triceps area on the arms started itching soon. I saw several bite marks on both arms and immediately realized what has happened - Unfortunately, I completely forgot to bring this to the attention of the hotel staff at that time (i am about to send them an email). Also, this hotel feels completely dead after 7 - not a sound from anywhere or anyone!

However, there were a few things that did impress me - first was the high quality of the room, furniture, the hallways and just the overall upkeep of the property - felt like a 4-star. Next was the personalized services they offered - when I switched on the TV, there was big welcome message, addressed to me on the screen, and the entire system was very advanced - unlike any I've seen till now. Also, this hotel offers 24 hr in room dining, which I was glad for, as I got very hungry at 1am (due to my 3hr time zone difference).

So if you are really looking for nice and quite, with the sound of a river that you can see and hear from certain locations, providing very formal dining and living, this is the place for you. But if you want to have fun - find some place else.

Room Tip: No pool. Avoid rooms far from elevators - there could be quite a walk involved. Try asking for a roo...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank xs2xa
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel, its fittings and the overall physical aspects of the property. We take great pride in maintaining every bit of it so that every guest can feel the same you do about it.

We are quite particular about our coffee and have not found any packaged brand that comes close to what we are able to deliver to your room on an as-needed basis. WIth our French Press offer, it is freshly made every time from our specially selected blend.

Thank you for your comment about the furniture and your experience with itching and bite marks. While I do not the specific room that you were in, I have asked our housekeeping team to inspect every room yesterday and today with your comment in mind.

I apologize that you didn't think the hotel was fun while you were here. Typically we have so much activity occurring that guests have a difficult time deciding what to do.

I do hope that you will visit with us again and will look me up.

Henstedt-Ulzburg
Reviewed 19 July 2013

This hotel is one of the best I have ever been. Located on the north east corner of Detroit this hotel offers outstanding service and rooms. The location is very nice and invites for visits in the close area.

Pay the bar a visit in the evening for beer to finish the day and in the morning start the day with a terrific breakfast.

The rooms are big, clean and leave no open questions.

Room Tip: Any room is good.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about Royal Park Hotel.While we always strive to be the best in the area, it is such a thrill to see it in words from you.

I will pass on your comments to our staff. They will be delighted to hear your thoughts about the rooms and our restaurant and lounge.

I do hope you will look me up on your next visit to the area.

Grosse Pointe, Michigan
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Just returned from an anniversary overnight and had a wonderful, relaxing time! Upon check-in, we were upgraded to a terrace suite, and we were so pleased to find such a roomy, elegant room with a beautiful, very large balcony overlooking the charming river below. The bed was quite comfortable, and I appreciated the amenities...soft robes, L'occitane toiletries, etc. While we were there, we did stop into the bar to have a late afternoon snack in the bar...chicken quesadillas that were quite good. We felt like we really got away and were less than an hour from home! Definitely a great spot to relax and unwind!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Congratulations on your anniversary. We are delighted that you chose to spend this special occasion with us and I know our team will be thrilled to see your comments about the rooms and food and beverage.

I really love those rooms that overlook Paint Creek. Just sitting on the balcony with a special someone and a glass of wine makes for such a peaceful time.

I hope to see you once again. Please look me up.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

My husband and I will be celebrating our 1year anniversary here this weekend. Im glad to see so many wonderful reviews and hope that our experience will be just as great. I would hate for our first year become a disappoinment.

• Stayed July 2013
Happy Anniversary! We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel.

I hope that you find your experience fun and enjoyable. Let's hope that the heat cools off a bit and you can visit the Terrace while here.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel while traveling on business in June 2013. From check-in to check - out the service was fantastic. The rooms are charming. I was in an executive suite - the bathroom was larger than most hotel rooms. Kate in the restaurant and I had room service during my stay. The food was very good. I highly recommend this hotel for business travelers who want an alternative to the big name chain hotels.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TerrBerr1604
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Thank you for your kind words about Royal Park Hotel. I know that every one of our team members is delighted with your comments.

While I always send guest comments to our team, I have highlighted your guest room comments for our housekeeping team. They will be so excited about your thoughts on their rooms. And I know that our culinary team will be smiling from ear to ear about your food comment.

Thank you for visiting with us - I hope we have the chance to meet the next time you are here.

Best Wishes,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
The Townsend Hotel
The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit
The Atheneum
The Atheneum
#14 of 33 in Detroit

Been to Royal Park Hotel? Share your experiences!