“First class a pleasant stay”
Review of Royal Park Hotel

Royal Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rochester
Littleton, Colorado
“First class a pleasant stay”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We were there for a weekend wedding, apparently they do a lot of weddings. The accommodations, appointments, little things like mattress quality were all very good. Staff was nice, friendly and accommodating. If we ever have a reason to go back to Rochester this will be our hotel.

Room Tip: All floors seem very quiet. If anything I'd say if you are mobility challenged try to get a roo...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank StuTheDog
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
All of the staff at Royal Park thanks you for your kind words about our hotel and your recent visit. We are delighted that you were here for a wedding - and you are correct, we host a large number of weddings annually. We wish the newlyweds congratulations and a wonderful life of togetherness.

I have told our staff of your comments and, as you would expect, they were thrilled.

I do hope that you will have the opportunity to visit with us again. When you do, please take the time to look me up.

Best Wishes,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Royal Park Hotel on business. The service was great, and we felt very well looked after. We flew in from London where we live, and after the long flight, the central location was ideal. We simply walked out of the hotel and went to a great restaurant in downtown Rochester. The next morning, we had breakfast at the Brookside, and the service and food were outstanding. If you have business in the area, I couldn't think of staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: The Rochester Chop House is just a short walk downtown. If you want a good breakfast, go to the Give...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
We are thrilled that you chose to stay with us while you were in town from London. Thank you for your wonderful words and kind testimonial of the hotel and the surrounding community.

We are so fortunate to be part of the quaint city of Rochester with all that it has to offer to its residents and our guests. I know the teams at the Chop House and Give Thanks Bakery will be delighted when I send them your comments.

I hope that you will look me up on your next visit to the area.

Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We had a great time at the royal park for a wedding we were in. The rooms were nice and the food was excellent. However, some of the staff were not very accommodating. One of the waitresses in Elliot's lounge was very rude to us and the front desk gave us a very hard time about check in. I was the matron of honor in this wedding and all I asked is if my room was ready could we check in early.. They told me it would cost$25. Now what I don't understand is why are they charging me money for my room that was ready early. I do think the hospitality department needs to take a look at the Townsend hotel in Birmingham and try to be a little more accommodating to the bridal party of the bride who is paying tens of thousands of dollars to have their wedding their. Other than that it was good.

Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding your visit to the hotel for your friend's wedding. All of us are appreciative that you took the time to tell us the wonderful things you experienced as well as providing your comments about one staff member and our early check in protocols.

Please accept my apology for the lounge server that did not emulate our high quality service standards of warmth and friendliness. Also accept my apology that we did not notify you in advance of our early check in protocol and charge. This should have been part of our reservation discussion with you.

I am grateful that you enjoyed your time with us. I hope to see you on your next visit to the hotel.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I've recently moved from Birmingham, MI to Sweden and when I come back to Michigan (either for business or personal trips), I stay at the Royal Park Hotel. It's truly a great hotel and is located within walking distance of downtown Rochester. I travel about 150 of 365 days each year and I have yet to find a hotel like the Royal Park. All of the hospitality team really makes me feel at home with superb service and a relaxing atmosphere. The rooms are very clean and spacious and I especially enjoy the French-pressed coffee on Saturdays and Sundays. In my opinion, the Royal Park Hotel and its staff beats any local or chain hotel.

Room Tip: I've stayed in King Terrace rooms and the Executive King room. Both are very comfortable and qu...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
We are so glad that you choose Royal Park Hotel as your home away from home when you return to the Metro Detroit area. WIth so many hotels from which to choose we are honored that you visit with us.

Typically I wait to tell the team about guest comments, but yours was so personal and warm in its tone about our staff, that I just couldn't wait. The response went from thrilled to delighted to a resounding cheer of appreciation of their efforts.

We look forward to having you as our guest every time you are in this area. Please feel free to look me up when you next return.

Palos Heights, Illinois
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We recently stayed here for 2 nights for a wedding. What a beautiful property! Even though it was the middle of October the landscaping still looked great. The location couldn't be better. You are a very short walk from downtown. The room was clean and spacious, and the bathroom was all marble. I also found it to be very quiet; we occasionally heard other peoples' doors closing but that was it. All of the staff we encountered were incredibly professional. I also appreciated that we had anticipated a 12:30 arrival, but our room was ready even when we got there an hour early. My only complaints: price of food. We had brunch there and I believe I paid $14 for a quesadilla appetizer. Parking on that Saturday was also an issue. Also, I wish there was a pool since the town itself doesn't offer much in terms of things to do.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and your visit with us. I know that our staff will be delighted to hear your comments about the beauty of the property and the professionalism of the team.

I am pleased that our Guest Service team was able to accommodate your early arrival without missing a beat in your busy schedule. I do hope that you enjoyed the close proximity to our downtown Rochester - we are so fortunate to be this close.

I wish that we had known that you were looking for some fun things to do as our concierge could have set you up with any number of options during your visit. I hope that when you are here next, you will give her that opportunity.

We look forward to seeing you soon and please look me up when you are here.

California
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Growing up in Rochester in 1965 (but moving away for college and jobs) I have seen it be a small town that turned into "the it" city to visit! The addition of the Royal Park makes enjoying Rochester and all it has to offer even better! Being able to walk to all the shops, restaurants, library is wonderful! The location along Paint Creek next to the trail is awesome for everyone in the family to enjoy. The amenities are exceptional and the staff and service are top notch. This weekend a wedding was taking place in the atrium that looked exquisite! This is the only place to stay when visiting Rochester!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Pamela H
We were so pleased to welcome you back to Rochester and to Royal Park Hotel. Rochester has turned into quite the community and we are thrilled to be a part of that growth.

I was so pleased to hear your comments on the hotel site, the easy walk to downtown and our amenities. But I am always delighted to hear our guests' comments on our staff and service - for you to rate them 'top notch' is gratifying.

I do hope that you will have the opportunity to return to visit us in the near future. Please take a moment to look me up when you are here.

Chicago
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We just returned from a second stay at the Royal Park Hotel in Rochester. Visiting family outside of Detroit, I find it difficult to find comfortable hotels that allow us to feel like we are on vacation. I haven't found anything that compares to the Royal Park. This stay, we booked a suite with a large terrace overlooking the creek. We travelled with two small children and thought the terrance would give us a little space to allow them to fall asleep while we socialized, had wine, and relaxed outdoors. The terrance had comfortable furniture and was nicely landscaped with fragrant and colorful herbs (basil, etc). The style of the hotel is classy old world. Looks like it has been there forever but in fact is quite new and full of quality. The bathroom was clean and classy--stone and dark wood tones. We had breakfast at the hotel both days and the breakfast menu was delectable. Next time we visit the family near Detroit, make room at the Royal Park.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BigTraveller29
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and your visit with us. We are thrilled that you selected us once again for your Detroit visit.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed the terrace of your room. Everyone does like the terraces as it gives you extra room to stretch out and not stay cooped up when away from home. I know our team will be delighted to read your comment about our herbs. It was their idea to spruce up the terraces with them.

I do hope that you will get to visit with us again soon. Please feel free to call on me the next time you are here.

Best Wishes,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
The Townsend Hotel
Greektown Casino Hotel
The Atheneum
The Atheneum
#16 of 33 in Detroit

Been to Royal Park Hotel? Share your experiences!