“Top Notch”
Review of Royal Park Hotel

Royal Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Here for a wedding and reception. Both were excellent. The staff was wonderful, the room beautiful and the service impeccable. I work in the banquet industry for Opryland in Nashville and the staff did everything I have been trained to do without error. It was a true pleasure.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Charlie B
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Royal Park Hotel. Whenever one of our hotel brethren from as wonderful a hotel as Opryland has positive comments about our service and places our service level on par with theirs, it is a thrill.

I hope that you have the opportunity to visit with us again in the near future. I would enjoy taking a few minutes to meet you,

There are newer reviews for Royal Park Hotel

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed at the Royal Park Hotel while in town for a Pistons game at the Palace and were extremely impressed with our stay. The hotel is beautiful and our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. We had breakfast at their restaurant the next morning and the food was delicious and the service was exceptional. I will definitely be back and recommended this hotel to anyone that is planning to stay in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Balcazar222
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

We are delighted that you enjoyed yourself dso much during your visit that you would recommend us to anyone planning on staying in the area.

I am so glad that you found our rooms clean and comfortable. We want every guest to feel as relaxed as possible when they are here. Our restaurant team will be thrilled to hear your comments about the food and service that you received.

I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

My wife and I attended a wedding here last weekend. This is a wonderful hotel. What separates this hotel from others is the service. Every staff person was friendly and accommodating. First class experience. Terrific setting within walking distance of a quaint downtown experience on 'Main Street', of course. Also, located along a freshwater stream with walking path as this is an old mill town. The exercise room is a bit small but adequate. Well appointed bathroom with luxury bath amenities. Choice of form or feather pillows. The food prepared for the wedding was spectacular given the usual fare at weddings. Delightful in every respect. No reservations, whatsoever.

Room Tip: Don't select a room overlooking the entrance, it's a bit noiser.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank David116116

Thank you for your kind words about out hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed yourself so much while you were here for the wedding.

I will personally pass on your comments to each department as I know how happy they will be to here from you. I will be sure to single out our banquet culinary team for the food served at the wedding.

Please feel free to look me up the next time you are visiting with us.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

The overall hotel was pretty good. Very large room and bathroom. Nice bath amenities. New IP TV option which made the TV experience much better than the usual Lodgenet garbage. Biggest issue was with the terrible pillows. Chunky foam pillows or overstuffed hard feather pillows. Neither was a good option.

Restaurant and bar were ok, but food was nothing special.

Also, the whole floor I stayed on smelled like cigarette smoke. They have a no smoking policy, but when I reported to the front desk nothing seemed to change.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

We are so pleased that you stayed with us on your recent visit to Rochester. We thank you for your kind words about the guest room, bath and amenities. We are especially pleased to hear that you found the television experience to be enjoyable.

I apologize that our pillows did not meet your expectations. Our staff is always at the ready to make any changes to any of our guest room products whenever a guest finds something they do not like. On your next visit, we will be pleased to remedy this for you.

I am disappointed that our food did not 'wow' you as it typically does for our guests. I have sent your note to our Chef so that he can personally review your meal.

I hope that you will look me up on your next visit. It would be a pleasure to meet you.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We were there for a weekend wedding, apparently they do a lot of weddings. The accommodations, appointments, little things like mattress quality were all very good. Staff was nice, friendly and accommodating. If we ever have a reason to go back to Rochester this will be our hotel.

Room Tip: All floors seem very quiet. If anything I'd say if you are mobility challenged try to get a roo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank StuTheDog
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

All of the staff at Royal Park thanks you for your kind words about our hotel and your recent visit. We are delighted that you were here for a wedding - and you are correct, we host a large number of weddings annually. We wish the newlyweds congratulations and a wonderful life of togetherness.

I have told our staff of your comments and, as you would expect, they were thrilled.

I do hope that you will have the opportunity to visit with us again. When you do, please take the time to look me up.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Royal Park Hotel on business. The service was great, and we felt very well looked after. We flew in from London where we live, and after the long flight, the central location was ideal. We simply walked out of the hotel and went to a great restaurant in downtown Rochester. The next morning, we had breakfast at the Brookside, and the service and food were outstanding. If you have business in the area, I couldn't think of staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: The Rochester Chop House is just a short walk downtown. If you want a good breakfast, go to the Give...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

We are thrilled that you chose to stay with us while you were in town from London. Thank you for your wonderful words and kind testimonial of the hotel and the surrounding community.

We are so fortunate to be part of the quaint city of Rochester with all that it has to offer to its residents and our guests. I know the teams at the Chop House and Give Thanks Bakery will be delighted when I send them your comments.

I hope that you will look me up on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We had a great time at the royal park for a wedding we were in. The rooms were nice and the food was excellent. However, some of the staff were not very accommodating. One of the waitresses in Elliot's lounge was very rude to us and the front desk gave us a very hard time about check in. I was the matron of honor in this wedding and all I asked is if my room was ready could we check in early.. They told me it would cost$25. Now what I don't understand is why are they charging me money for my room that was ready early. I do think the hospitality department needs to take a look at the Townsend hotel in Birmingham and try to be a little more accommodating to the bridal party of the bride who is paying tens of thousands of dollars to have their wedding their. Other than that it was good.

Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for your kind words regarding your visit to the hotel for your friend's wedding. All of us are appreciative that you took the time to tell us the wonderful things you experienced as well as providing your comments about one staff member and our early check in protocols.

Please accept my apology for the lounge server that did not emulate our high quality service standards of warmth and friendliness. Also accept my apology that we did not notify you in advance of our early check in protocol and charge. This should have been part of our reservation discussion with you.

I am grateful that you enjoyed your time with us. I hope to see you on your next visit to the hotel.

Best Wishes,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
The Townsend Hotel
Greektown Casino Hotel
The Atheneum
The Atheneum
#16 of 33 in Detroit

Been to Royal Park Hotel? Share your experiences!