“Royal Park gives Royal Treatment”
Review of Royal Park Hotel

Royal Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We had a marvelous stay at the Royal Park, where our nephew was getting married. In the dead of February winter, this place made our weekend splendid. Staff, rooms, food, all great. Wedding banquet was amazing. The library particularly cool. The whole place comfy & cozy.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and your nephew's wedding with us. Everyone of our team is thrilled that you enjoyed yourself so much.

We have told our staff that no matter how cold the Michigan weather is on the outside, it is so important that every guest feels warm and comfortable when inside.

I hope that you have the opportunity to visit again and we get to meet.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel during a November business trip and was severely disappointed that I paid so much for a "4 star hotel" that had 1 star service. The morning of my interview I awoke to discover that there was no hot water at all. Did I really need to pay $175/day for ice cold showers? The fellow who helped me at the front desk was brief and seemed disinterested. He curtly told me the water heaters were out and that was that. No apologies were given or any estimation on when things would return to normal. I guess I should thank him for the $25 he refunded me for the inconvenience, right?

The in house restaurant was staffed with pleasant and knowledgeable servers. However, the quality of the dishes were really not worth the price.

I definitely would not waste my money staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jennifer N
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let me know of your experience at Royal Park Hotel. I am so disappointed that we could not have made your visit as wonderful as possible, especially during so stressful a time as an interview.

I do recall this rare day and I cannot apologize to you enough to make up for the disappointment that you feel with us and our team. Our guest attendant should certainly have been more understanding of your concern and worked to find a better solution. I have spoken personally to the team member in question to insure that your experience does not occur with future guests.

I wish that you had enjoyed the market fish and bread pudding more during your dinner with us. They are two of our most popular items.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to WOW you. When you do visit, please be sure to ask for me.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I would like to commend the royal park hotel in every way possible. In a very cold week in January the hotel makes you feel very warm and comfortable. I look forward to visiting again in the near future.

P francis.

• Stayed: January 2014
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

It has been bitterly cold here but your comment just warms the heart of every one of our 200+ Royal Park family.

I have already told the team of your comment and they were thrilled that you felt comfortable while you were here. Each of us looks forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Please ask for me when you visit us again.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Have to agree with my collegue below. Second time staying here whilst on business. Always guaranteed a comfortable and pleasant stay.
One area of improvement would be to have tea & coffee facilities available through-out the day, and not just limited to breakfast.
Will be returning soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your kind words about our property. We are so grateful that you enjoy yourself when you visit with us.

Overnight hotel guests may always get fresh coffee or tea at any time during the day while here. In the morning as you know, we offer our beverages in the library. Any time after that you may get coffee or tea through Brookshire Restaurant on a to-go basis.

All of us look forward to having you as our guest in the future. Please ask for me when you are here next.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

During an exceptionally cold week, stayed here for 6 nights and the welcome we received was second to none. From the moment the door was opened on our arrival until the morning we left nothing was a problem. The staff are excellent, courteous and friendly. The rooms were tastefully furnished, immaculately clean and spacious, great bathroom with quality toiletries. Breakfast was fantastic with several choices and various coffee and tea (English breakfast tea was available), the restaurant was just as welcoming with some superb choices. Having occupied the bar most evenings, there was a wide selection of drinks available and the staff were fantastic.
As a regular traveller worldwide, this hotel is definitely my number one.

Room Tip: I stayed in the front, my colleagues stayed at the rear of the hotel, both were quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Neil T
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Thank you so much for telling us that we are number one in your opinion of your travels. I know that our team will be thrilled to hear this.

For me to hear that our staff was excellent, courteous, friendly and fantastic is wonderful and it is a testament to the hard work that each of them puts in on behalf of our guests. Knowing that our rooms were clean and spacious is the cherry on the dessert.

I do hope you have the opportunity to visit with us again. And when you do, please look me up.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We were here for a wedding a couple weeks ago. This is a beautiful hotel along a small river/large creek near downtown Rochester. The front desk staff was accommodating and friendly and happy to give us extra keys so we (4 in a room) could come and go as some of us had to get to hair/makeup appointments. Sounds silly, but some places are so adamant about 1 or 2 keys that it made a difference. Nice amenities, comfortable room. The wedding was also at the hotel and the staff was always asking if anyone needed anything, friendly, and actually seemed to be enjoying themselves.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you for your kind words about your visit to Royal Park Hotel.

I am always delighted to hear when our staff makes our guests happy and accommodates their needs and requests. I am also happy to hear that our service team seemed to be enjoying themselves - for us it is not just a job, but a passion to serve and please guests. I will gladly pass this on to the team - I know they will be excited to hear this.

I do hope that you will have the opportunity to visit with us soon. Please feel free to look me up.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Decided to spend the night in walking distance to Downtown Rochester and could not have picked a nicer hotel for then evening. Arrived at 4PM and spent the afternoon relaxing and enjoying the ambience of the Royal Park. Walked to the bar/restaurants where many customers were enjoying a pre New Year drink and conversation with follow patrons. When the evening started we chose to visit the Downtown of Rochester and it was a few minute walk to that area. Very pleasant employees and always there to help if any questions. Room was roomy and comfortable. Looking forward to another stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

We are delighted that you enjoyed your New Year's Eve visit to our hotel. We are so fortunate to be a short walk to downtown Rochester and the many enjoyable activiities it has to offer.

I am pleased that our staff was warm, pleasant and were able to assist you with any questions you may have had. I am also happy that you were able to enjoy our lounge before you went to visit the downtown area.

I hope that you will lookme up on your next visit.

Best Wishes,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Detroit North-Rochester Hills
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Det...
#1 of 4 in Rochester Hills
Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
#5 of 18 in Auburn Hills
Aloft Detroit at The David Whitney
Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills

Been to Royal Park Hotel? Share your experiences!